Wake Forest Game

Not living in Charlotte, I was looking forward to watching the Wake game on ABC. Now that it looks like we may have an 8-14 record or something close to that by that time, would ABC bump us for a more desirable matchup? Just wondering.

I feel sorry for whoever bought tickets to this game for above face value…

WF is going to beat the @#$ out of us. Williams is going to have Curt for dinner with a side order of Baldwin.

[QUOTE=Savio;145321]I feel sorry for whoever bought tickets to this game for above face value…

WF is going to beat the @#$ out of us. Williams is going to have Curt for dinner with a side order of Baldwin.[/QUOTE]

Another knee jerk, with a heavy dose of pessimism.

Wake has a lot of the same issues as we do. Go back and read their board from the days after the Depaul game. They are overly dependent on Gray getting his own shot and lighting things up. Eric Williams isn’t the TO machine that Withers can be, but he’s been just awful at the FT line (was about 39% the last time I saw), which completely limits his effectiveness, and in general their offense is stagnant and they don’t play aggressive pressure defense.

Of course, with our luck, they will click against us, but I get tired of the knee jerk reactions here. I can count on one hand the number of teams Ive seen this year without serious issues like we’re facing. There are probably a dozen more that I haven’t seen. After that, everyone else can look really, really bad from possession to possession and game to game. the lack of perspective our fans show is incredibly disappointing, from this attitude, to the ridiculous “you suck” chants at the games.

We are a team with several issues that Lutz hasn’t successfully addressed yet and he admitted it last night. At this point, he seems to be feeling that when he gets the guys focused on one thing, they screw other things up. But welcome to college basketball for the teams outside the real top 20. We are not one of those 20 teams and we’re a long, long way from being one. You can either bitch and moan and show your ass or show up at the games and support the team as they attempt to work through the issues. If Lutz fails to bring them around, then it’s on him. Deal with that after the season. But stop acting like we’re the only team struggling in the country right now, because that simply is not the case. We’re a .500 team and playing just as inconsistently and undsiciplined as you’d expect a .500 team to be playing.

Another knee jerk, with a heavy dose of pessimism.

Wake has a lot of the same issues as we do. Go back and read their board from the days after the Depaul game. They are overly dependent on Gray getting his own shot and lighting things up. Eric Williams isn’t the TO machine that Withers can be, but he’s been just awful at the FT line (was about 39% the last time I saw), which completely limits his effectiveness, and in general their offense is stagnant and they don’t play aggressive pressure defense.

Of course, with our luck, they will click against us, but I get tired of the knee jerk reactions here. I can count on one hand the number of teams Ive seen this year without serious issues like we’re facing. There are probably a dozen more that I haven’t seen. After that, everyone else can look really, really bad from possession to possession and game to game. the lack of perspective our fans show is incredibly disappointing, from this attitude, to the ridiculous “you suck” chants at the games.

We are a team with several issues that Lutz hasn’t successfully addressed yet and he admitted it last night. At this point, he seems to be feeling that when he gets the guys focused on one thing, they screw other things up. But welcome to college basketball for the teams outside the real top 20. We are not one of those 20 teams and we’re a long, long way from being one. You can either bitch and moan and show your ass or show up at the games and support the team as they attempt to work through the issues. If Lutz fails to bring them around, then it’s on him. Deal with that after the season. But stop acting like we’re the only team struggling in the country right now, because that simply is not the case. We’re a .500 team and playing just as inconsistently and undsiciplined as you’d expect a .500 team to be playing.

It’s time for us to realize that this season is a bust. We must now start to prepare our younger guys for next year without, Curt, Nance, Baldwin. Bobby needs to realize it’s going to take a miracle for us to get an NCAA bid right now we would either have to win out (DOUBT IT!!!) or win the A10 tournament (SOMEWHAT POSSIBLE???) so I’d he needs to start giving the backups more time anticipating the fact that they our the future of our program and need this quality experience to help us next season.

We are a team with several issues that Lutz hasn't successfully addressed yet and he admitted it last night.

Isn’t that what he said after the BCA?

[QUOTE=Savio;145366]Isn’t that what he said after the BCA?[/QUOTE]

He said we couldnt make shots from outside. He’s pretty much fixed that when they come in the flow of the offense.

I’m really not pissed off that we lost last night, because we would have had to play so much better than we’ve been playing to win that game. It’s kind of amazing it was as close as it was when we were down 6 in the 2nd half. That gave me some hope. The garbage time when Lutz cleared the bench really threw off the final stats, so honestly, I’m not focusing too much on them (eg 27% shooting - it was bad, but not that bad. probably closer to 35% with the starters in, still not good enough to compete)

We do need more disciipline though. That I cannot excuse. And this team needs a leader who WILL listen to Lutz and get on the other guys when they aren’t playing team ball. I hate to say it, but at times it seems we almost need a guy with as overbearing and commanding of a personality as Jordan.

Lutz can yank guys for not listening, but it loses its punch when the sub he puts in doesnt listen either. I wouldn’t do it after the IU game, because that was a tall order for a W, and the guys played hard, if stupid, but the next time they play streetball and dont listen against an inferior team, I’d go Huggins on them and lock them out of the locker room, etc. Right now, Lutz does look like he’s missing the level of command/respect necessary to win, which is something I never saw from Huggins.

It's time for us to realize that this season is a bust. We must now start to prepare our younger guys for next year without, Curt, Nance, Baldwin. Bobby needs to realize it's going to take a miracle for us to get an NCAA bid right now we would either have to win out (DOUBT IT!!!!) or win the A10 tournament (SOMEWHAT POSSIBLE???) so I'd he needs to start giving the backups more time anticipating the fact that they our the future of our program and need this quality experience to help us next season.

Any other year, I’d totally agree with you. The difference with this year is that we’re heading to a new conference and we are going to make an impression. If we make the impression that we’re a bottom-of-the-barrel A-10 team in our 1st year, we might get stuck with recruits for a bottom-of-the-barrel A-10 team for a while.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;145332]You can either bitch and moan and show your ass or show up at the games and support the team as they attempt to work through the issues. If Lutz fails to bring them around, then it’s on him. Deal with that after the season. But stop acting like we’re the only team struggling in the country right now, because that simply is not the case. We’re a .500 team and playing just as inconsistently and undsiciplined as you’d expect a .500 team to be playing.[/QUOTE]

Deal with it after the season. Hell, we have been dealing with it for the four years I have been here.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;145332]I can count on one hand the number of teams Ive seen this year without serious issues like we’re facing. There are probably a dozen more that I haven’t seen. After that, everyone else can look really, really bad from possession to possession and game to game…

…stop acting like we’re the only team struggling in the country right now, because that simply is not the case. We’re a .500 team and playing just as inconsistently and undsiciplined as you’d expect a .500 team to be playing.[/QUOTE]

There may be a lot of teams struggling, but how many have struggled against a 200+ SOS???

We’re bad. Basing a decision on how we look 10 games into the season is not a knee jerk reaction…it’s a reality check.

But stop acting like we're the only team struggling in the country right now, because that simply is not the case. We're a .500 team and playing just as inconsistently and undsiciplined as you'd expect a .500 team to be playing.

Where in Savio’s post did he act like we are the only team struggling?

I’m still going to this game. If anything the tix will be cheaper now.