Warner vs Romo

What do you guys think? Warner or Romo? Not just this week, but as a trade.

I have no idea who a better fantasy pick is, but Warner is a million times the QB Romo is.

Warner hands down IMO

I have no idea who a better fantasy pick is, but Warner is a million times the QB Romo is.

Lol. What would NNN be without hyperbole? Million?

The 3 full seasons they’ve been the starters for they’re current teams.

Warner:
Passing Yds: 10,713
TDs: 68
Ints: 40
Passer Rating: 90.8

Romo:
Passing Yds: 10,562
TDs: 81
Ints: 46
Passer Rating: 94.6

I would play Romo this week, the Panthers can’t stop a cold.

Warner also has been to 3 super bowls and won one. Oh yeah, he almost won the Super Bowl last year.

Typically, I’m not one for throwing success all on the QB, but he was wheeling and dealing last year in the super bowl.

IF you put Warner into Dallas when TO was there, I guarentee you they win at least one playoff game. Romo hasn’t proven to be a real pro bowl talent and warner is a hall of famer, so yeah, I think Warner is a million times better.

What do you guys think? Warner or Romo? Not just this week, but as a trade.

Too early to tell. Warner was the #5 QB preseason and Romo was #6. Or something around there. They haven’t done enough to change their value much from that.

If I had to pick I’d go with Warner.

Warner also has been to 3 super bowls and won one. Oh yeah, he almost won the Super Bowl last year.

Typically, I’m not one for throwing success all on the QB, but he was wheeling and dealing last year in the super bowl.

IF you put Warner into Dallas when TO was there, I guarentee you they win at least one playoff game. Romo hasn’t proven to be a real pro bowl talent and warner is a hall of famer, so yeah, I think Warner is a million times better.

Ha! Ok.

For career, yes, I’d say Warner is better. But I am inquiring for fantasy purposes, specifically this season alone. Over the past 3 seasons he actually has more TDs and a higher QB rating than Warner. One could argue that if Romo had 2 WRs like Boldin and Fitzgerald, or Holt and Bruce, that Romo would have better #s. And don’t forgot Warner did have a guy named Faulk in St Louis that was pretty good too.

FWIW, I think Warner is the better one to have on your fantasy team. But they’re rated fairly close, so I wanted to confirm my thoughts.

[QUOTE=Normmm;432841]Ha! Ok.

For career, yes, I’d say Warner is better. But I am inquiring for fantasy purposes, specifically this season alone. Over the past 3 seasons he actually has more TDs and a higher QB rating than Warner. One could argue that if Romo had 2 WRs like Boldin and Fitzgerald, or Holt and Bruce, that Romo would have better #s. And don’t forgot Warner did have a guy named Faulk in St Louis that was pretty good too.

FWIW, I think Warner is the better one to have on your fantasy team. But they’re rated fairly close, so I wanted to confirm my thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, other QBs have had those receivers and done less with them. Warner makes his receivers better.

That said, I have no idea about fantasy football, but if you’re asking who I’d rather have running my team it is Warner by a mile.

Yeah, other QBs have had those receivers and done less with them. Warner makes his receivers better.

That said, I have no idea about fantasy football, but if you’re asking who I’d rather have running my team it is Warner by a mile.

Have you noticed what board you’re posting on right now?

Romo had TO and Roy Williams last year. Not Holt and Bruce by any stretch, but not too shabby.

Have you noticed what board you're posting on right now?

Romo had TO and Roy Williams last year. Not Holt and Bruce by any stretch, but not too shabby.

Understand that he is a Dolphins fan and no WR combo can live up to Clayton & Duper.

Fantasy-wise I’d definitely take Warner over Romo. Romo is way to prone to throw an interception or two and let’s face it, Warner’s receivers are absolute studs and they play 6 games against the NFC West (even if it is better this year it’s still the NFC West).

[QUOTE=Normmm;432796]What do you guys think? Warner or Romo? Not just this week, but as a trade.[/QUOTE]

Whats your point system? Sacks, td’s, int, completions, yds, bonuses? Any points for god being on Warner’s side?

Whats your point system? Sacks, td's, int, completions, yds, bonuses? [I] Any points for god being on Warner's side[/I]?

good question. :slight_smile:

that said, at this juncture in the season, i’ld be happy with either one as my QB1. I think its a tossup.

this coming from someone who has a qbbc of manning jr and cutler.

Fantasy-wise I'd definitely take Warner over Romo. Romo is way to prone to throw an interception or two and let's face it, Warner's receivers are absolute studs and they play 6 games against the NFC West (even if it is better this year it's still the NFC West).

How’d Warner do in his one NFC West game this year? Oh yea, that’s right, not too hot.

Sorry, I had to do it. My team actually looks remotely decent and is 2-0.

This poll needs a Write-In option… or at least an “Other” selection.

Romo is a ***** bitch. Unless you’re a Cowboys bandwagon never-lived-in-Dallas-but-I-love-“America’s Team”-cause-I-have-no-mind-of-my-own Tarhole-esque football fan.

Warner FTW, because he’s won playoff games

This is a fantasy question, not a real-world QB question…

I picked Romo because I believe there’s a huge chance Warner gets hurt this year. As horrible as Romo played Sunday, he still has quite a few more points than Warner this year. He’s not likely to throw 3 picks in a game again either, he’ll throw his share, but he rarely plays that poorly.

I think they’ll probably be about even in fantasy terms if they both play all 16 games, but I think Romo has the better chance to stay healthy so I give him the edge. Less risk = better fantasy option.

Like I said, I have no idea how good either are for fantasy football, but I definitely know that romo sucks.

It was not made clear in the original post that this was a fantasy scenario.

I hate fantasy football. But I hate the Cowgirls more.