Watch Charlotte in the Men's College Cup at Hooligan's Uptown

The good folks (a Niner or two included) at Hooligan’s (http://courtyardhooligans.com/), Charlotte’s finest soccer bar, want to host Niner fans for Friday’s semifinal match vs. Creighton.

The match, with sound, will be on and there will be a few shot & beer specials, inclduing the Gold Rush - Goldschläger & Apple Pucker and 20oz Bell’s Winter for $4 and Corona and Blue Moon for $3.

140 Brevard Court
Charlotte NC, 28202
Phone: 704-376-2238

Sadly, I’ll be home in Ohio watching this one, but the folks at Hooligan’s are looking forward to a good soccer atmosphere for the match.

This is totally unaffiliated with the University/Athletic Dept - just some people who want to enjoy the match.

Man… blast from the past. Good to see you around Champ. Please don’t be a stranger!

Still a huge Niner fan NA - hope we do big things this weekend.

That’s awesome. I hope they get a good crowd for this.

What time is the game?

[quote=“Chisox17, post:4, topic:25981”]That’s awesome. I hope they get a good crowd for this.

What time is the game?[/quote]

6pm to the best of my knowledge on ESPNU

With some going to Pic’s, & the school to WWC, & this at Hooligan’s, split 3 ways will have poor turnout everywhere.

WWC = Wild Wing Cafe?

Yeah Pickman.

Hooligans is awesome. Great atmosphere and definitely a soccer friendly bar.

I’ve been to Picassos numerous times. What group goes to Wild Wings?

Do you live in Columbus now?

WWC=AD’s Office & some underclassmen.

I do. How’s it going?

Two reasons to go to WWC–

1. They pay money to support the teams and will not keep doing this if it doesn’t bring them business
  2. Better food choices than Picasso’s

That said, Picasso’s is a great place to go and the Burgoon’s (owners) are Niners through and through. I have been to Pic’s when it was so crowded I couldn’t get in the door so it is good that we have cultivated a second bar in the University area. Find a way to support both.

I do. How’s it going?[/quote]

Good, gonna be up there this june.

WWC on W Mallard Crk Ch Rd?

This. We need to have more than one bar. I hope Taco Mac and Bikinis get on board too in supporting the Niners. We should have every bar in the Univ area filled for our games.

I live in SouthPark and I would love to have a regular group to get together for things like this in south Charlotte.

Good, gonna be up there this june.[/quote]

What’s bringing you up this way? Be sure to let me know before you head up.

Good, gonna be up there this june.[/quote]

What’s bringing you up this way? Be sure to let me know before you head up.[/quote]

On tour to Canada. If I had remembered you were there, I would have hit you up 2010. Was there for a wedding.

I don’t know where I’ll be watching yet. But I know this for sure, if the AD can’t find the cash to send a busload of kids down there, I won’t be at WWC.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:19, topic:25981”]I don’t know where I’ll be watching yet. But I know this for sure, if the AD can’t find the cash to send a busload of kids down there, I won’t be at WWC.[/quote]I have a nephew at Clempsun and he went to most of their away games (football) this year. Even when it was on a student bus he had to pay for it. Is it common for schools’ Athletic Depts to send some of their students to games for free?

I know our Athletic Dept just got hit with a $58,000 bill to give all hoops players an extra $2000 each in extra stipend. That is definitely going to eat into some of the other nice to have stuff they might want to do.