watch Ryan Finley

clt says UNCR must be lousy with talent.

clt says this didnā€™t work out well for them with russelll Wilson

Itā€™s a good question, but every team in college football is a quarterback away from bowling. Jalan Mclendon has all the talent in the world, heā€™s just not Ryan Finley. And to be honest, he gave finley one heck of a run for his money, and finley already had YEARS in his OCā€™s system.

If he wants to go to a big program, Iā€™m sure he can find somebody that needs him. While there may be more established programs that could use him, I daresay thereā€™s anybody that could basically guarantee him a starting role. Even App has a young kid they like. If satterfield knows this is his last year there, then thatā€™s the only way Iā€™d even see them going with a grad transfer.

We have Coach Edmunds with NC State ties, Shane Montgomery with NC State ties, we run (now) a similar offense to the one at NC State, we are close to home, and heā€™s got to know some of the local guys on our roster. The profile of CUSA was raised a solid amount last year. If he comes here, and he makes us a winner, and puts up solid numbers, can you imagine what that would do to his draft stock?

Also, I know this doesnā€™t fit the narrative, but we donā€™t have the extreme lack of talent that is suggested here. That offense we ran, or failed to run, last year made us appear to be a lot worse than we were. Being one dimensional is really bad. When your one dimension is running the ball itā€™s worse. If we do anything more than -5 yard, 16 second, 3 and out drives, you are going to see steps forward.

If we clean up penalites, turnovers, and the field goal kicking game, anything is possible. If we sign a dynamic quarterback, Iā€™m sipping the kool-aid.[/quote]

Agree with your assessment. We should have a solid, much deeper and experienced line, young but talented receivers and a solid running game. Montgomery is a QB coach. Couldnā€™t be a better opportunity for him to step into. Very excited by the possibilities.
Regardless, Montgomeryā€™s addition along with the returning players and added depth significantly improve the offensive production this year.

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:13, topic:31287ā€]Why would our staff not be calling him as soon as possible???[/quote]They better call before he announces.

He gone.

[quote=ā€œApexNiner, post:24, topic:31287ā€]He gone.
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu-backup-qb-jalen-mcclendon-to-transfer/17259223/[/quote]

Can we get a mod to change the title of this thread since itā€™s official? Also guys I think a social media campaign could work here

FWIW:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/quinten-dormady-announces-hell-be-leaving-tennessee/

Cant imagine him considering us.

Then you donā€™t understand how this works.

Itā€™s about playing time. This is how to get it, and itā€™s the only way we can win. This is how just about every other CUSA school has kick-started an underperforming program. LaTech has started 5th year transfers at QB for several years. It has worked for them. And the long term future doesnā€™t matter to a one year player.

clt says donā€™t underestimate the bojangles factor.

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:28, topic:31287ā€]Then you donā€™t understand how this works.

Itā€™s about playing time. This is how to get it, and itā€™s the only way we can win. This is how just about every other CUSA school has kick-started an underperforming program. LaTech has started 5th year transfers at QB for several years. It has worked for them. And the long term future doesnā€™t matter to a one year player.[/quote]

I understand heā€™s from Texas playing at Tennessee. Very smallchance this is what he envisioned.

There are 130 FBS teamsā€¦ How many donā€™t have a fairly solid 2 or in some cases 3 deep at the QB position? There arenā€™t a ton of landing spots where there is no one waiting to be the starting QB.

I
Our QB situation is a fireable offense. We cannot evaluate talent. There are plenty of serviceable QB and we sign kids the entire baseball team could replace in terms of arm strength. I am not kidding.

my fear is that we sign a Mclendon and then Loyal Lambert trots Klugh out there for the first 6 games anyways.

I
Our QB situation is a fireable offense. We cannot evaluate talent. There are plenty of serviceable QB and we sign kids the entire baseball team could replace in terms of arm strength. I am not kidding.[/quote]

Exactlyā€¦ Our management of the QB position since day one had set the program back years IMOā€¦ It was inexcusable we didnā€™t have year 1 in CUSA aligned with a solid transfer or JUCO with experience winning games. Lee McNeil is a nice kid.

Mclendon is on schedule to graduate in May and supposedly cannot anounce anything until he does. Does anyone know the rules of recruiting an athlete who announces he will transfer after graduation.
Is he allowed to be recruited, just no announcement? Hard to believe if he decides where to transfer it would be kept undercover until May.

[quote=ā€œ49erCC, post:35, topic:31287ā€]Mclendon is on schedule to graduate in May and supposedly cannot anounce anything until he does. Does anyone know the rules of recruiting an athlete who announces he will transfer after graduation.
Is he allowed to be recruited, just no announcement? Hard to believe if he decides where to transfer it would be kept undercover until May.[/quote]If he receives his release, heā€™s free to talk to other programs.