Ways to improve attendance

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 06:10 PM [b] I might be in Y-vegas saturday, are you guys going to W-S to watch the game? [/b]
I'll be around. You think Fox and Hound will have it?

Not sure, have they carried any of our other games?

in order to get tix to the big games…like Cincy…there should be a system in place where students must shows stubs, say 5, from previous home games…the more stubs you show, the better the seat you get. this would increase attendance against the non-“big name” opponents.

This is already in place. The more you camp out the more points you get which improves the seats you get for the Cincy game.

Just to let you guys know, I an a long time reader on here and just joined SMA. I will do all that I can to take action on gettting topics that are brought up on here brought to everyones attention. I like alot of the ideas so far, so KEEP EM COMIN!

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 10:49 PM [b] Not sure, have they carried any of our other games? [/b]
I haven't been there when we play on C-SET. Maybe other people on the board have been there.

Another idea to increase attendance:

Charlotte is made up of transplants, so how about including a 2 for 1 ticket offer (perhaps even season tickets), to new residents via the US Mail’s move in package? You know, the one that has Lowe’s and Home Depot coupons along with a host of others…

Just a thought…

clt feels the clear answer to the attendence issue is skimpier cheerleader outfits.

If you want people that will be long time die hard you gotta hit the alum that live in Charlotte…Anyone got the stats on them. I’ll say there are at least 50,000 of them.

JK, 13 county area of Charlotte is roughly 35,000 of about 70,000 total with almost 20,000 in Mecklenburg alone.

I still don’t understand. What’s wrong with NUDE WOMEN. You’d even attract the non-sports fans??

Seriously, why not have some mid-level rock group like Third Eye blind, Good Charlotte or somebody on that level after certain games to increase attendance. We tried it back about 20 some years ago and it worked then.

[i]Originally posted by max[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 10:05 AM [b] Seriously, why not have some mid-level rock group like Third Eye blind, Good Charlotte or somebody on that level after certain games to increase attendance. We tried it back about 20 some years ago and it worked then. [/b]
Would [u][b]you[/b][/u] hang around Halton after the game while it took who knows how long to but up the equipment needed for a concert? If those days (actually 30 years instead of 20 years ago) the seats were not up up in order to have a stage at the old Coliseum (Cricket). Now you're suggesting taking out 500 seats, on the floor, plus maybe more in the upper level due to an obstructed view?

Plus, I expect a local radio station played a major role in those concerts. They’re certainly not assisting us much now.

Yeah dude a cookout would attract a lot of people… i would like to get involved… reach me at smrella@uncc.edu

Get one of those barbeque smokers the size of a tanker truck and I might have to fly down.

My dad owns 2 55 gallon cookers, he might let me use one of them…if thats of any help.

[i]Originally posted by amstamey[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 02:09 PM [b] My dad owns 2 55 gallon cookers, he might let me use one of them....if thats of any help. [/b]
Your family doesn't own a BBQ joint in Greensboro does it???