We are GasHogs !!!

[QUOTE=Sideshow;326522]try killing the ignition at stoplights. i’ve been doing that and i’ve seen an increase in mpg[/QUOTE]

The increase demand and wear and tear on your starter may negate any fuel savings you experience.

The increase demand and wear and tear on your starter may negate any fuel savings you experience.

thats like the folks super inflating tires…they are just gonna wear the wrong way and you’ll need them 2x faster

Not the mention the horrific embarrassment when you forget that you turned off the ignition when you got to the stoplight

[QUOTE=metro;326531]thats like the folks super inflating tires…they are just gonna wear the wrong way and you’ll need them 2x faster[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are referring to “hypermilers”. Those folks are nuts.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;326526]The increase demand and wear and tear on your starter may negate any fuel savings you experience.[/QUOTE]

good point, but i think the gas savings is still greater. a starter costs about $150, and I’ve never had one last less than 5 years. i’m saving 2-3 mpg (sometimes more in rush hour) by not idling in traffic, plus i’m often able to get rolling and pop-start the car with the clutch, as opposed to using the starter. 5 years worth of 2-3mpg savings definitely makes up for a new starter, if it ever came to that.