We are losing to La Tech bad

Hey, just want to show that I can take it too. My boys are losing to La Tech, we are awful. NIT here we come!

Dammit, fsquid…As annoying as your fans are, the conference (and our rpi) really needs you to be good. CUSA has GOT to step it up, ourselves included, or we’re gonna be in very big trouble come NCAA time.

not going to happen. I thought the Ole Miss game was a hiccup, but there are problems with this team. Maybe we are becoming a football school?

If you are, you’re in big trouble. Reminds me of our team 2 years ago. Bad chemistry, bad season. I thought we had a lot of potential that year. It’s really sad to see all that talent going to waste.

Louisiana Tech 64
Memphis 55

Keep that up and you can forget the NIT.

[i]Originally posted by 49erForever[/i]@Dec 20 2004, 10:36 PM [b] Louisiana Tech 64 Memphis 55

Keep that up and you can forget the NIT. [/b]

there we go. Please talk shit, I came over here to get some of what I’ve dished out. Italian jokes, gang jokes, etc. are all welcomed tonight.

Way to show up Memphis.

This game wasn’t even on ESPN. I thought you guys only lost on national TV, guess not.

fsquid…Niner fans don’t have to mock you. Your team does a pretty fair job of it on their own. Geez, you guys suck.

I will shed one tear. :weep:

If it were any other team, I wouldn’t take so much joy in it. But Memphis fans deserve every bit of this misery. Screw em all.

[i]Originally posted by fsquid+Dec 20 2004, 10:41 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (fsquid @ Dec 20 2004, 10:41 PM)

Ooooooooh, 7581 people packed the FedEx Forum tonight. Where are your 16,000 season ticket holders!!!

…and to top it off, you lost to a school that’s more noted for women’s basketball.

NCAABBS might not make it through the night.

Has SCConway put the rights to firejohncalipari.com up for sale yet?

Hey, we’re both up there battling :lol:, today’s RPI & SOS…
Memphis, 6-5, RPI 152, SOS 126 (yesterday: RPI 103, SOS 93)
Charlotte, 6-2, RPI 174, SOS 264 (yesterday: RPI 171, SOS 262)

[SIZE=2]Merry Christmas squidward![/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by 49erForever[/i]@Dec 20 2004, 10:36 PM [b] Louisiana Tech 64 Memphis 55

Keep that up and you can forget the NIT. [/b]

Calipari is now petitioning for Sunbelt membership. “We just can’t compete at this level”, he said after the home loss to LA Tech.

I tried to go over to their site and read some stuff but it’s hard to stomach. I just think it’s hilarious that when you put them in their place, ALL they can come back with is how they have so many ESPN games. I guess that gives them a reason to get out of bed each morning. And it’s also funny that even the die-hard homers are secretly agreeing with those calling for Cal’s greasy head but they just won’t admit it. What a complete joke of a program. Did I mention how incredibly glad I was that we’re going to the A-10 and not stuck in the CUSA cess pool with them?

Typical Memphis blubbering…

blah blah blah we’re on ESPN a lot blah blah blah 6BC blah blah blah I want John Calipari to father my children blah blah blah here come the miserables blah blah blah.

Pathetic.

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Dec 20 2004, 09:59 PM [b]Hey, just want to show that I can take it too. [/b]
There is now officially one normal person who is a Memphis fan.

Anyway, I don’t know why Calipari would want to go to the Sun Belt, they look more like an Atlantic Sun or Big South Conference team.

Of course, maybe he’s better off weaseling his way into the SWAC, with powerhouses like 0-7 Prairie View.

Some thoughts from the Memphis board:

[b] Who do we get then? I think Cal has sucked it up this year, but if he's gone who could we possibly get. We are stuck in the crapa$$ conference, we are losing to everybody we play, the fans don't even want to come to a brand new arena to watch the Tigers. The top line coaches aren't going to be beating down RCJ's door. If Cal doesn't turn this ship around we are sunk for a while. [/b]
[b] We spend an inordinate amount of time blastin the weebels because they think they are somethin they are not. Maybe we think we are something we are not in hoops. maybe I should be satisfied with winning one game in the dance, and our stellar record against top 25 opponents.[/b]
[b]Absolutely no heart from anybody including the coaching staff! Oh but you can't take the heartless player out because there are no subs on the bench.

However, we have the top recruiting class every year. Where did they go? NOTHING!
[/b]

[b] This is his mess. Period. This is his fifth year. All of these players are his. He cannot blame it on inheriting a previous coach's players. He can blame the players all he wants, but these are HIS players and it is ultimately his responsibility to recruit players who have talent and that can be coached. No matter how much anybody wants to blame the players, it all falls back on Cal. I don't think it's the end of the world, but Memphis should NEVER lose home games to Ole Miss and Louisiana Tech a week apart. Never. Ever. [/b]
[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Dec 21 2004, 12:57 PM [b]
[b] We spend an inordinate amount of time blastin the weebels because they think they are somethin they are not. [b]Maybe we think we are something we are not in hoops.[/b] maybe I should be satisfied with winning one game in the dance, and our stellar record against top 25 opponents.[/b]
[/b]
There has never been a more truthful statement uttered on that board.

Welcome to the reality the rest of us have known and pointed out for years.