WE DONT NEED A 30M FIELDHOUSE

I noticed in the ā€œsoberā€ report by CHP, that upgrades to Belk Track or a new stadium is 50m, and another building for locker rooms, offices, etc would be 30m!!

WTF!!!

Renovate some of the basement at Belk gym, or build an economical metal building for 5m or less. Not everything has to be the quality of some of these buildings they are buildind.

Hell we have the fanciest parking decks in America.

http://www.charlotte.com/niners/story/656779.html

[QUOTE]That does not include the cost of support facilities including locker rooms, weight rooms and coaches offices, which would add between $19 million and $32 million to the tab. The price increase, well above what Dubois expected to hear, could drive the price of refitting the facility to more than $80 million.[/QUOTE]

The more I see, the less I like what Iā€™m looking at regarding football reports. Itā€™s like weā€™re trying to get to the SEC level in funding and spending before we ever get a team on the field. That will keep Charlotte from ever having a team in the first place, which might be the point of all of these enourmous expense announcements. I hope that itā€™s just posturing, as someone eluded to in another thread recently, but we need to worry about the LESS expensive football things instead of the big ticket items.

1. Get team (make sure we can afford yearly budget).
  2. Provide modest place to play for several years. (modest renovation to Belk Stadium).
  3. Refurbish existing space in Belk Gym to make nice locker rooms until field house is constructed later (Metro idea).
  4. Work on funding for new field house/stadium, or both, or just a field house with more extensive renovations to Belk Stadium. (set timeline for each based on projected donations).

You canā€™t eat this cookie with one bite, or youā€™ll choke.

I noticed in the "sober" report by CHP, that upgrades to Belk Track or a new stadium is 50m, and another building for locker rooms, offices, etc would be 30m!!

WTF!!!

Renovate some of the basement at Belk gym, or build an economical metal building for 5m or less. Not everything has to be the quality of some of these buildings they are buildind.

Hell we have the fanciest parking decks in America.

http://www.charlotte.com/niners/story/656779.html

Here is Duboisā€™ exact quote from WFNZ:

... that secondary building, also was part of the news for the Board of Trustees, which we estimated anywhere between [B]19 million dollars if we just used trailers[/B] all the way up to 32 million dollars if you built a building ...

19 MILLION DOLLARS FOR TRAILERS? I REPEAT ā€¦ 19 FREAKINā€™ MILLION DOLLARS FOR TRAILERS?!?

[ATTACH]2077[/ATTACH]

Im sure there are plenty of Tarhole fans that we could buy their trailers from for way less that 19 million:wink:

Iā€™ve been harping on this in every football thread. Everything that gets mentioned about what it will take to succeed uses high end quotes on money. I agree itā€™s good to set the bar high. But if we canā€™t reach the $80 million amounts being mentioned, that doesnā€™t mean you donā€™t do football. It means you start to figure out where to cut corners to still make it happen.

If they keep saying it has to be $60 million or bust, we are not going to get football. We need to send Dubois the article about how USF was using high school equipment and practicing under car lights.

Here is Dubois' exact quote from WFNZ:

19 MILLION DOLLARS FOR TRAILERS? I REPEAT ā€¦ 19 FREAKINā€™ MILLION DOLLARS FOR TRAILERS?!?

[ATTACH]2077[/ATTACH]

This figure for ā€œtrailersā€ was in the Observer the other day, I laughed out loud when I read it and repeated it to my wife! You could turn our entire campus into the worldā€™s largest trailer park (minus the TarHole fans) and it wouldnā€™t cost you $19M. What a joke!

This figure for "trailers" was in the Observer the other day, I laughed out loud when I read it and repeated it to my wife! You could turn our entire campus into the world's largest trailer park (minus the TarHole fans) and it wouldn't cost you $19M. What a joke!

According to the Christian Childrenā€™s Fund, I can either feed a starving child for 65,023 years, 11 months, and 15 days ā€¦ or I can buy trailers for the athletics department.

I have a hunch that these ā€˜trailersā€™ are actually former tour busses for 50 Cent.

On the flip side, if we do pull this off recruiting will be breeze as we will have the best facilities in the land

I have a feeling we are all starting to get the hint that Dubois is trying to inflate the numbers as high as possible to prevent trustees from wanting to buy into this.