Weather Advisory- Winston-Salem

Be careful folks! I don’t look for any real problems, just take your time. I think any slick roads could be after the game. W-S is on the line of decent/light snow.

[B]URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC
1002 PM EST FRI FEB 10 2006

…LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION ACROSS THE NORTHWEST PIEDMONT
SATURDAY…

.AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL CROSS THE DEEP SOUTH OVERNIGHT AND ACROSS SOUTH CAROLINA SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THIS WEATHER SYSTEM WILL SPREAD PRECIPITATION ACROSS CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA OVERNIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY. WHILE MOST OF THE AREA WILL SEE MAINLY RAIN… AREAS OF THE NORTHWEST PIEDMONT WILL SEE PERIODS OF SNOW MIXED WITH RAIN. WHERE THE SNOW BANDS OCCUR… ONE TO POSSIBLY AS MUCH AS TWO INCHES OF SLUSHY SNOW COULD ACCUMULATE.

NCZ007-021>024-038-039-111115-O.NEW.KRAH.WW.Y.0001.060211T1100Z-060212T0000Z
PERSON- FORSYTH- GUILFORD- ALAMANCE- ORANGE- DAVIDSON- RANDOLPH- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF… ROXBORO… WINSTON-SALEM… GREENSBORO… HIGH POINT… BURLINGTON… CHAPEL HILL… LEXINGTON… ASHEBORO
1002 PM EST FRI FEB 10 2006

…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY…

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY.

ONE TO POSSIBLY AS MUCH AS TWO INCHES OF WET SLUSHY SNOW MAY ACCUMULATE ACROSS SECTIONS OF THE NORTHWEST PIEDMONT SATURDAY. THE SNOW WILL OCCUR IN BANDS WHERE THE PRECIPITATION IS MODERATE TO HEAVY INTENSITY. WHEN THE PRECIPITATION RATE DECREASES… LIGHT RAIN MIXED WITH SNOW IS EXPECTED. THE GREATEST POTENTIAL FOR AN ACCUMULATING SNOW EXISTS ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM LEXINGTON TO BURLINGTON TO ROXBORO.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE SOME TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLUSHY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES… AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.[/B]

Those of you driving up tomorrow…be safe!

Those Deacon fans will not show if it is snowing very much. The Niners seating upstairs will be able to move downstairs if it is snowing. Hmmmm… They can probably do so even if it is not snowing.

Boone here…still planning on making it. Everyone be careful.

[QUOTE=Boone_Niner;153752]Boone here…still planning on making it. Everyone be careful.[/QUOTE]
You be careful driving down 421!

Over40, it would be nice to see this tomorrow afternoon on the Wake Forest quad.

Not this…

[QUOTE=HP49er;153756]Over40, it would be nice to see this tomorrow afternoon on the Wake Forest quad.

Not this…

[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen it look sort of like those first 2 after a victory over the tarholes.

please drive safe but dont have “snow finger” please. According to weather.com the temperature in Winston isnt supposed to get below 32, so i strongly doubt things will accumulate on roads.

NLP is from the a-hole of the universe, Binghamton, NY. This is far worse of an a-hole than any other city you might think is an a-hole. Therefore I am an authority on bad weather driving.

You WILL go to the game. You WILL leave a little earlier than usual. You WILL provide a safe stopping distance between you and the car ahead of you, even if you constantly have people moving into that space from the other lane. This WILL allow you to arrive at the Fox and Hound in plenty of time for pre-game revelry.

If you follow these simple instructions, you WILL enjoy a Niner victory today over Wake Forest.

Thank you.

[QUOTE=ninerID;153767]please drive safe but dont have “snow finger” please. According to weather.com the temperature in Winston isnt supposed to get below 32, so i strongly doubt things will accumulate on roads.[/QUOTE]

BINGO! I think it’s going to be a cold rain.

I’m at my son’s apartment about 2 blocks from Baptist Hospital in W-S and it’s JUST A COLD RAIN. Relax NINER fans and get your asses up here. GO NINERS!!!