Went to Mitch B's High School

I don’t know him personally, but I went back and saw him play in the 2 state championships…this is the Mitch from those days. He will surprise and he always could shoot the 3 then. He will be our diamond in the rough!

Well, I went to High school and middle school with Mitchell, his shot is the real deal again, in HS he had a smooth stroke and wouldn’t hesitate to pull up and shoot, when he got to college he gained 20 pounds and changed his stroke, it went from the side and pushed forward, if you look at his shot now, it’s straight up where he gets a good arch on it. Mitchell’s shot is the real deal now, after playing with him over the summer, I am not saying he’s the next Mark Price or anything, but we would play and with a hand in his face fading away would hit almost everytime. I’ll say that LBSU wasn’t all that good competition, but something about Mitchell is that he takes what the defense gives him. If they close off and try to keep him from penetrating he’s going to find what the defense is giving him. I saw him do it in HS, he was the MVP of a team that finished 6th Nationally in USA Today. He was the #1 recruit in the State of NC, and a Bob Gibbons top 30 prospect, it’s going to be a big year for Mitchell

[i]Originally posted by SKEET SKEET[/i]@Nov 20 2004, 07:07 PM [b] Well, I went to High school and middle school with Mitchell, his shot is the real deal again, in HS he had a smooth stroke and wouldn't hesitate to pull up and shoot, when he got to college he gained 20 pounds and changed his stroke, it went from the side and pushed forward, if you look at his shot now, it's straight up where he gets a good arch on it. Mitchell's shot is the real deal now, after playing with him over the summer, I am not saying he's the next Mark Price or anything, but we would play and with a hand in his face fading away would hit almost everytime. I'll say that LBSU wasn't all that good competition, but something about Mitchell is that he takes what the defense gives him. If they close off and try to keep him from penetrating he's going to find what the defense is giving him. I saw him do it in HS, he was the MVP of a team that finished 6th Nationally in USA Today. He was the #1 recruit in the State of NC, and a Bob Gibbons top 30 prospect, it's going to be a big year for Mitchell [/b]
You are correct. Mitch can shoot and he has always said so. He has been on a short leash until now and that is too much pressure to put on the point position. His two best games last season were the games where Plav or Demon did not play and Mitch didn't have to worry about getting pulled for missing a shot or making a mistake. He played with confidence in those two games, just as he has so far this year. He will surprise all of the doubters this year by being a unique and capable point and keep us all wondering 'what if' Lutz wasn't so in love with Demon last year.

PI, I agree with you completely, he was able to penetrate last year, but his shot wasn’t that great, his form wasn’t correct, I talked to him stepdad for a while this summer about it. His stepdad is a highly successful AAU coach and said he fine tuned his shot to get ti back to where it is in HS. He will not be a 1 dimensional player on the offense end anymore that’s all I was saying.