we're 4 Seed

This may have already been discussed but this is the first time I saw us seeded this high.

High expectations this year.

CBS sportsline

Shouldn’t a 4 seed guarantee we stay close to home, if possible?

That would be SWEET! :cool:

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 02:06 PM [b] Shouldn't a 4 seed guarantee we stay close to home, if possible? [/b]
Now there's a fun sentence.

It would be cool to have the Niners seeded that high. I don’t think you’d have to worry about coverage at that point.

Hickler’s Blazers are a #7 :blink:

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 02:08 PM [b] That would be SWEET! :cool: [/b]
Would you guys just take that and proceed on to the post season...or would you want to play the season? :lol: Seriously.

I like this:

Conference USA (5)
Conference champ: Louisville.
At-large: Memphis, Charlotte, UAB, Cincinnati.
Bubble burst: Marquette, DePaul.
The top of this league is as good and deep as any other major, which speaks volumes about how far the collection of schools have come in a decade’s time. Freshmen will play a huge factor in this race, with the crown possibly riding on who fares best, Louisville’s Tello Palacios or Memphis’ Darius Washington.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 02:25 PM [b] The top of this league is as good and deep as any other major, which speaks volumes about how far the collection of schools have come in a decade's time. ... [/b]
So, of course, let's bust it up for the good of the game ...

for the good of football, our whole move is based on football. Greedy acc

Sadly, there are a lot of acc fans that are disenchanted with the expansion. Some never wanted it & I know of some that have recently decided it was a bad thing. They think the football is not tht much greater & they know the basketball will suffer. Are ya listening Mike?

As far as my statement about staying closer to home with a 4 seed, hasn’t the NCAA started trying to keep the top 4 seeds as close to home as possible?

Doesn’t matter what I think about ACC expansion.

They’re trying to keep everyone closer to home, if possible, by not making all the games in one regional be played at one site. The higher your seed, the better chance you have to benefit. But there aren’t any guarantees in life.

Mike, I preface my question by saying this:

I don’t really have a problem with the amount or quality of coverage the Big O gives. When I lived in Charlotte, I thought we got what we deserved. Of course we all want more for the teams we root for.

I am just wondering if a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament would really put us in a position to not have to worry about coverage. What did the 5 seed do for us that we got a few years back?