Wesley Pregame

LOL at retiring anyoneā€™s jersey in the next 4 years.

Even though he doesnā€™t technically qualify, Iā€™m ok with retiring his jersey.[/quote]No way. First retired jersey needs to be from a special player.[/quote]

Didnā€™t he score our first TD? Seems pretty special to meā€¦[/quote]

The play is very special, but the player isdefinitely not jersey retirement worthy.

This will never happen, but I would be cool with a statue of Hogan scoring the 1st TD replacing one of the Matt Stafford statues. I will NEVER forget that moment.

GAME NOTES:

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/23200/fball/gamenotes.pdf
[left]SENIOR DAY TO BE CELEBRATED
[/left] [left]Charlotte, N.C. - [/left] [font=arialmt]Head coach Brad Lambert [/font][font=arialmt]will honor his first-ever senior class, at Saturdayā€™s [/font][font=arialmt]final home game.[/font]
[left] [/left]
[left][font=arialmt]The class includes starters CJ Crawford,[/font][font=arialmt]Mark Hogan and Mikel Hunter, the 49ers punter[/font][/left]
[left][font=arialmt]Brandon Strupp and two players who joined [/font][font=arialmt]the team from the programā€™s first-ever walk-on [/font][font=arialmt]tryouts: Zeb Little and Alex Petzke.[/font][/left]
[left] [/left]
[left][font=arialmt]Each has played a key role in this historic [/font][font=arialmt]season: Crawford (Two-Point Conversion),[/font][font=arialmt]Hogan (Touchdown), Hunter (Kickoff Return[/font][/left]
[left][font=arialmt]for TD), Strupp (50-yd punt) and Little (fumble [/font][font=arialmt]return) all contributed program firsts while [/font][font=arialmt]Petzke recorded the safety that kickstarted the [/font][font=arialmt]49ers comeback over #24 Gardner-Webb.[/font][/left]

Jersey retirements should be for the elite players or contributors to the programā€¦ We are 15 years away for determining if we have had anyone who fits that billā€¦ Jersey/Number retirements should have some time to solidify itself before it happens, with the rare instance of the Mo Rivera type where you can do it at the end of their tenure.

Iā€™m all for honoring accomplishment, but retiring numbers should honestly be a rarity.

Even though he doesnā€™t technically qualify, Iā€™m ok with retiring his jersey.[/quote]No way. First retired jersey needs to be from a special player.[/quote]

The play definitely was special but I think using a play as a proxy for all the work that was done by so many people would be a little bit inappropriate. I do like Mr. Bā€™s idea.

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:24, topic:28362ā€]Jersey retirements should be for the elite players or contributors to the programā€¦ We are 15 years away for determining if we have had anyone who fits that billā€¦ Jersey/Number retirements should have some time to solidify itself before it happens, with the rare instance of the Mo Rivera type where you can do it at the end of their tenure.

Iā€™m all for honoring accomplishment, but retiring numbers should honestly be a rarity.[/quote]Bingo, thatā€™s what I mean by special player.

Hogan had a special moment by scoring our first TD, but that was something that was going to happen at some point in time.

That would make a pretty awesome statue.

Should we retire the jersey of the player who scored the first basket in Niner basketball history?

It was a special PLAY that should be recognized in some form (plaque?).

Jersey retirement should be for those who receive national recognition (All American, Award finalist, Offensive/Defensive player of the year, Conference player of the year).

Looks like 115 sold out, 116 has a few left and now 117 is open for sale.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/05/4442574/its-division-iii-but-charlotte.html

#ourstudentssucks

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:22, topic:28362ā€]This will never happen, but I would be cool with a statue of Hogan scoring the 1st TD replacing one of the Matt Stafford statues. I will NEVER forget that moment.

[/quote]

I like that idea. I just think we need to do SOMETHING to hang onto that SPECIAL MOMENT. Whether it be a statue, a plaque, or something else, I like the idea of going to the stadium 15 years from now and seeing some type of replica of our first touchdown.

Actually, I like the idea of just BEING ABLE to go to the stadium 15 years from now, but that is a different topic.

[quote=ā€œ49r9r, post:32, topic:28362ā€][quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:22, topic:28362ā€]This will never happen, but I would be cool with a statue of Hogan scoring the 1st TD replacing one of the Matt Stafford statues. I will NEVER forget that moment.

[/quote]

I like that idea. I just think we need to do SOMETHING to hang onto that SPECIAL MOMENT. Whether it be a statue, a plaque, or something else, I like the idea of going to the stadium 15 years from now and seeing some type of replica of our first touchdown.

Actually, I like the idea of just BEING ABLE to go to the stadium 15 years from now, but that is a different topic.[/quote]

Maybe having a frame pic of the touchdown hanging somewhere in the stadium? I would saw in the athletic complex but then not sure how many would actually get to see it.

Wesley beat Charleston Southern 2 years ago. Their only win in school history over a D1 team with scholarships.

http://gowesleyathletics.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20111001cv4owm

CSU went 0-11 in 2011.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:34, topic:28362ā€]Wesley beat Charleston Southern 2 years ago. Their only win in school history over a D1 team with scholarships.

http://gowesleyathletics.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20111001cv4owm

CSU went 0-11 in 2011.[/quote]

That was the Charleston Southern we thought we were scheduling. ::slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:11, topic:28362ā€]Looking to buy a green, gold or black tailgate parking pass for the last game.

Or If you are going to the game and not wanting to tailgate, I can give you a yellow deck parking pass and $10.[/quote]
Bump

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:36, topic:28362ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:11, topic:28362ā€]Looking to buy a green, gold or black tailgate parking pass for the last game.

Or If you are going to the game and not wanting to tailgate, I can give you a yellow deck parking pass and $10.[/quote]
Bump[/quote]
I have a red lot pass if itā€™s a matter of just wanting to tailgate

Iā€™d put the photograph above of hogan somewhere in the football offices in a place of honor.
thatā€™s enough.

Our Seniors! Go Niners, and thanks!

Rumor has it that we will finally have ā€œfootball weatherā€ for this final home game. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/charlotte-nc/28202/daily-weather-forecast/349818