Wesley Pregame

The final home game of the year and a chance to go out strong with a 4-2 home record.

Wesley is ranked #20 in DIII as of last week and they won this weekend so they’ll probably go up a few notches. They are definitely not a squad to be overlooked.

Stats: http://athletics.wesley.edu/sports/fball/2013-14/teams

They have won some close games. Seem to be a pass first team. Their YPG ratio is more than 2:1 in favor of pass yards. This is their top back. He has fewer yards than Barnwell, Phillips or Matt Johnson. http://athletics.wesley.edu/sports/fball/2013-14/players/rickjacksonrkyp

Their lines are relatively young (mainly freshmen and sophomores), and their upperclassmen are not big (younger guys are much bigger, on average).

Should be a good opportunity to finish the home season on a high note.

For those wondering where Wesley is located, the main campus is in Dover, Delaware and has roughly 2,100 students. They also get around 4,000 applications per year, so they are probably pretty picky about who they accept.

I wonder if the football players receive special admissions consideration or if they select their players strictly from the existing students.

The crowd will be a factor. Aside from playing at fellow D3 foe Mary Hardin-Baylor, who were opening their new 9,000 seat stadium, they’ve probably never played in front of more than 4500. Then again that game had an attendance of 9,384 so that experience may make them more prepared for 16,630.

:o a 9000 seat DIII stadium is like having Texas Stadium in the CFL.

I hope we have that many. I am thinking maybe around 13,500 actual butts in seats, but I hope I am wrong.

I hope we have that many. I am thinking maybe around 13,500 actual butts in seats, but I hope I am wrong. [/quote]

But, even that will still be a giant crowd for them. The attendance of their last home game was 473, and no that is not missing a zero at the end. That is JV football attendance.

:o a 9000 seat DIII stadium is like having Texas Stadium in the CFL.[/quote]
lol well Mary Hardin is in Texas…its a ridiculously nice stadium, one side is attached to their new student union…imagine the concourse on our student side leading right into the student union

lol well Mary Hardin is in Texas…its a ridiculously nice stadium, one side is attached to their new student union…imagine the concourse on our student side leading right into the student union[/quote]

Our students would never come out to watch the game.

lol well Mary Hardin is in Texas…its a ridiculously nice stadium, one side is attached to their new student union…imagine the concourse on our student side leading right into the student union[/quote]

Our students would never come out to watch the game.[/quote]
hahaha I could just see our students standing at the doors and windows watching the game…“come on out guys!”…“nope to hot, sun is bad”

Looking to buy a green, gold or black tailgate parking pass for the last game.

Or If you are going to the game and not wanting to tailgate, I can give you a yellow deck parking pass and $10.

I hope we have that many. I am thinking maybe around 13,500 actual butts in seats, but I hope I am wrong.[/quote]I talked to Hummer at the basketball game and he is hearing there are a lot of requests for tickets. It will be the last home game of the year and beautiful football weather, so who wouldn’t want to be there.

Texas High School Stadium. Everything is bigger in Texas.

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/168265056.html

Back to the thread though, you know that guys get a little more amped up when playing in front of a bigger crowd regardless of whose it is. Wesley will probably be a little amped up to start the game. We must slap them early and often or we could get ourselves in trouble.

Wesley & MSU are now MUST win games! Can’t have a losing record.

I hope we have that many. I am thinking maybe around 13,500 actual butts in seats, but I hope I am wrong.[/quote]I talked to Hummer at the basketball game and he is hearing there are a lot of requests for tickets. It will be the last home game of the year and beautiful football weather, so who wouldn’t want to be there.[/quote]

It looks like there are only a few seats left that went on sale to the public in section 115 and 116. Let’s see how the students do.

FYI, it will be our first football Senior Day. We’ll be saying bye to six of our guys after this season, many who have made significant contributions this year:

Mark Hogan
C.J. Crawford
Brandon Strupp
Alex Petzke
Mikel Hunter
Zeb Little

Gonna be weird not hearing “Mark Hogan” over the PA after almost every defensive play.

Even though he doesn’t technically qualify, I’m ok with retiring his jersey.

Even though he doesn’t technically qualify, I’m ok with retiring his jersey.[/quote]No way. First retired jersey needs to be from a special player.

Even though he doesn’t technically qualify, I’m ok with retiring his jersey.[/quote]No way. First retired jersey needs to be from a special player.[/quote]

Didn’t he score our first TD? Seems pretty special to me…