WFNZ - Please Increase Power!!

1100am is WTAM out of Cleveland. That’s another 50,000 watt blowtorch of a station. I’ve picked that up down in Tampa also. My fiancee is from Cleveland, and we listen to Cavs games at night all the time here in Greensboro. Matter of fact, WTAM 1100 usually comes in better than WBT 1110 between 10pm and midnight.

opps, meant 1110. Thanks

A few years back when the Hornets were still in Charlotte, Gerry Valancourt had Bobby Lutz on WBT and joked at what a pathetic station WFNZ is. He said they should try to come over to WBT, but I don’t think it’s something the program managers/general managers at WBT were ever really interested in.

Hm, maybe we can email WBT and beg. I’ll look up their email info.

I have heard WBT clearly in Miami FL and Maine at night. I had a friend who lived near their 3 towers and could actually pick up their signal on a radio that was not even on. I heard it myself. I think he died of cancer some years later. :sad:

I believe WBT is also the 2nd oldest radio station in the country, behind KTKA of Pittsburgh.

[i]Originally posted by BofANiner[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 10:20 AM [b] Mine started going around Tyvola last night heading southbound... :unsure: [/b]
same here....I can't hear crap on 1-485....

It’s really a shame that we cannot lower FNZ’s signal from 3 until 7, then increase the signal at night.

Yes, WBT covers the entire eastern seaboard, but does not extend very far west. Wow, that would be a great station to have carry our games, but it’s my understanding that a lot more is involved. More $$$. that is.

Yeah I lost WFNZ around Gastonia on I-85 Saturday night…only got to listen to a little of the St. Louis game.

I wish they would lower it to 1000 from 3-7PM. However I fail to see who we are overlapping, during the st. louis game I was getting better reception from a ST. LOUIS (1120AM) station here in charlotte. Most of the other signals coming in seem like gospel or something simislar, hard to see how they are allowed a more powerful signal, must be a bigger market for jumbled gospel music than packer.

1110 already has UNC CH

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:32 PM [b] It's really a shame that we cannot lower FNZ's signal from 3 until 7, then increase the signal at night.

[/b]

:rofl: :blah: :smirk: :clap:

Excellent idea.

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 02:23 PM [b] 1110 already has UNC CH [/b]
They got that Jefferson-Pilot UNC-Carborro lovefest thing going there. We wouldn't stand a chance.