What "Perfect Storm" needs to happen to get 6 A-10 teams dancing

I don’t think this topic specifically has it’s own thread. Since we don’t have a men’s game this weekend I was thinking of who I wanted to pull for in conference games and it got me thinking…

Most bracketologists currently have 6 teams dancing as of the beginning of the week. It is common knowledge that most of them and most of us on this board do not think that will be a reality at the end of the season. 4 seems to be the overwhelming pick and as many as 5 could have a good arguement (so we are saying). But…

What would have to happen for all six to have the best resumes come tournament time? Maybe there are too many games left for this conversation, but for those of you with more time than me, it is an intriguing question. I know many would like to see us win and a couple of the others loose some to take them out of the “bubble picture”. However, as we know, we hold our own destiny. If we only loose one more, we are dancing no matter what anyone else does. Two and still have a decent chance, IMO.

So, I would rather pull for the A-10 sending as many as possible instead of against them. If you have the time, look over the remaining schedules and give your opinion on who needs to win what the rest of the way for us to send 6… well call it the PERFECT STORM. I wanted to take the time to do this myself but with a 12 month old still not sleeping through the night…I probably should go to bed. Maybe I will add my own comments later. I know a couple of you like to look ahead, so give me your input.

At least that is how I am going to pick who I want to win this weekend, and going forward…until it isn’t a possibility anymore.

…before it is mentioned…of course I would choose everyone to loose if it were the only way we made the tournament but like I said, we are in the drivers seat.

The Blackburn Review Dayton fan blog (believe it or not!) has a pretty decent piece from a few days ago on what needs to happen within the league.

Blackburnreview.com: The Bloody Struggle In The Hexagon

In addition, need to some help from outside the A-10. The PAC-10 is definitely doing its part this year as a whole, while individual teams like UNC-NIT, Loserville, UCan’t, Ole Missed, and others from the so-called Big 6 are looking to “sit” this Dance out as well.

We should thank ACC scrubs Maryland, Virginia and Virgina Tech for helping the cause. They are currently in the top half of the ACC and they have an average RPI of 61. Lots of bad losses and very few good wins in that bunch.

Clemson and Georgia Tech have taken nose dives in conference play, but Duke is clearly the cream of the crop. You have to figure GT/Clemson are still locks, but they might not get more than 4 teams in. Maryland and FSU are on the bubble. I can’t imagine Virginia or VT getting in right now.

One easy thing to say is little to no upsets in conference tourneys. What we dont need is like Northern Iowa to lose theyre conference tourney cause then MVC will definitely get 2 teams, same goes for Gonzaga, and Old Dominion. Also we don’t need UCONN or UNC etc etc pulling out the conference tourneys. They less this happens the more teams we get. But its safe to say we are getting 4. I think considering there will be sum upsets 4 is likely, but if there is a lower number of upsets than usual we can get 5. If there is virtually no upsets like 2 or less in the 31 other conferences, we might just get our 6.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:3, topic:22394”]We should thank ACC scrubs Maryland, Virginia and Virgina Tech for helping the cause. They are currently in the top half of the ACC and they have an average RPI of 61. Lots of bad losses and very few good wins in that bunch.

Clemson and Georgia Tech have taken nose dives in conference play, but Duke is clearly the cream of the crop. You have to figure GT/Clemson are still locks, but they might not get more than 4 teams in. Maryland and FSU are on the bubble. I can’t imagine Virginia or VT getting in right now.[/quote] We should also thank Northeastern and George Mason for being bad OOC, then tearing up the CAA. I’m not even sure ODU is safe in that conference now, since it’s the 12th rated conference and they are borderline rpi for a non-big six conference team. They’d better at least make the finals of their tournament. Gonzaga and Butler are the only two non-big six teams that could really screw things up by losing their tournament.

A bunch of BCS teams tank.