What tha!?....Norm?

Please tell me this never happend? What tha?

It happened, but not sure what the deal was. I think it was just a puppet, not a “real” character. I seem to remember a picture of Bobby with this Norm…

I want a picture of the mascot, not the logo, of the Norm of my generation (mid 80’s).

The Norm head was so big, he had to hold it with one hand while he ran around…never did know, if it wasn’t secured underneath or if he was just too top heavy.

Also, loved the pipe in his mouth.

That looks like the late-90’s Norm. They switched the costume sometime between 95-98. I didn’t like it, but it still looked better than the late 80’s Norm. The head on this on looks okay, but the rest of the outfit is hideous.

I want a picture of the mascot, not the logo, of the Norm of my generation (mid 80's).

The Norm head was so big, he had to hold it with one hand while he ran around…never did know, if it wasn’t secured underneath or if he was just too top heavy.

Also, loved the pipe in his mouth.

Is this the one?

I think SilvioDante meant this Norm.

That norm looked like more of a scheming leprechaun. Apparently the weight in his head was redistributed to his midsection and chimpanzee-like arms of the later norm, both hideous IMO.

that’s a cool norm.

[QUOTE=Fordy-Ninersh;302223]Is this the one?

[/QUOTE]

Close, but there is no pipe in his mouth. Also I think the head was bigger on the Norm I remember.

Plus, I don’t remember those clothes at all and the cheerleaders in my era weren’t dressed like that.

[QUOTE=Niner89;302224]I think SilvioDante meant this Norm.[/QUOTE]

Is this really our mascot back in the day or just a random pic?

That is really nearly almost it.

The clothes look what I remember, but I don’t remember the eyes bugging out with a look like he had a “a little too much allergy medicine”.

Its a shame no one (at least to my knowledge) has preserved some of this history. Yeah, some of the costumes are painful to look at now. But for many of us, it was all we knew.

Don’t know why…but the pipe was a great look.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;302229]Is this really our mascot back in the day or just a random pic?[/QUOTE]

Norm in the picture was our mascot dated back to the late 70’s.

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8190]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8190[/URL]

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;302233]That is really nearly almost it.

The clothes look what I remember, but I don’t remember the eyes bugging out with a look like he had a “a little too much allergy medicine”.

Its a shame no one (at least to my knowledge) has preserved some of this history. Yeah, some of the costumes are painful to look at now. But for many of us, it was all we knew.

Don’t know why…but [B]the pipe was a great look[/B].[/QUOTE]

You’ve forgot about the cool big six shooter, too.:smile:

THE PIPE, OH THE PIPE!!!

That’s NORM, the Norm with brass ballz who never gave a PC S*** what Tarholes thought of him.

That Norm would smack Spangler, Friday and Schulken with one big B**** slap from '77!

I think SilvioDante meant this Norm.
looks like a leprechaun