What will be Alexander's role next year?

What do ya’ll think about this kid. I think he has a huge upside. I think his numbers with Oklahoma could have been bigger if it wasn’t for the style offence Sampson plays, which would explain his transfer. I think we got a steal here.

Hopefully he will step right in and take Eddie’s place. If he can come close, we are in great shape.

Da’ngelo is sick guys… He can should… He doesnt have the range that Plav has but I would say he is more consistant than Plav. He was good at Oklahoma. He made the Men’s USA team. But yes he will fulfill both Plavich and Eddie’s position. He is a good all around player. He isnt as good as eddie defensively though. Marcus is gonna be sick also. I personally can not wait to have them on the court. They are what we need to make this team consistent.

Grant

Alexander made the academic honor roll for the Fall (not sure the official name)but he had a 3.0 or better, along with Leemire Goldwire, Travis Gordon and Tripp Miller. Our new academic-athletic center is a major plus for our program.

Alexander/Drayton with help from the JUCO (Jamison). We’ll have some serious talent at the wing.

It looks like Bennett/Goldwire at the 2 with Lee helping Mitch some…like this year.

There are too many variables, at least from what we as fans know, to know what role he will play. If Withers/Iti both stay/go, it will determine how much time he gets at the 2 or the three. Everyone that has seen Bennett play says that he is a great shooter. Bennett will see a lot of time at the 2 if that’s the case, because Mitch and Lee will be filling the 1. De’Angelo’s height makes him a prime candidate for the 3, but I don’t know that he’ll beat out EJ for the starting spot should Withers stay (i.e. EJ will probably have to move to the 4 if Withers leaves).

Once we know who will be returning, the puzzle will be easier to solve.

Edit: I got to thinking about this some more

If nobody leaves:

1: Mitch/Leemire/Lewis
2: Bennett/Alexander/Jamison
3: Drayton/Alexander/Jamison
4: Withers/Nance/Mullis
5: Iti/Coleman/Nance

If Iti leaves:

4: Withers/Drayton/Mullis
5: Nance/Coleman

If Withers leaves:

3: Alexander/Drayton/Jamison
4: Drayton/Nance/Mullis - depends on type of team we were playing
5: Iti/Nance

If Iti and Withers leaves:

3: Alexander/Drayton/Jamison
4: Drayton/Nance/Mullis
5: Nance/Coleman

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 03:02 PM [b]

If nobody leaves:

5: Iti/Coleman/Nance [/b]

I’m sorry, but D’angelo was a key part of a team which went to the Elite 8. Marcus has been with the program for 2 years. After watching them play all summer and for a bit of this year, I can tell you that D’Angelo will start next year regardless of who stays or goes. He’s already worked his way into Lutz’s favor and we all know how Lutz treats his “favorites”. Marcus will see decent minutes, but D’Angelo will be opening day starter. He’s a slasher who can drive, spot up with good court vision, a real finisher. He’s the equilvent of Eddie with 2 years of eligibility left on offense. He’s solid on defense but he’s no C-USA defender of the year.

Marcus and De’Angelo should both be starters next year.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 04:10 PM [b] Marcus and De'Angelo should both be starters next year. [/b]
I agree with the Wonderburger

The group we’ll have next year is a next level group.
They couldn’t stop themselves from being sick if they tried.

[b]The group we'll have next year is a next level group. They couldn't stop themselves from being sick if they tried.[/b]

That comment right there is awsome!!! Even if you didn’t know a damn thing about the program or any of the players, you can’t help but feel some anticipation after a comment like that. Well put NLP! :o :lol: :slight_smile:

Agreed, I think our defense next year, could be about the best we have ever had.

yea i hope so, but we have heard that 3 out of the past 4 years, im sure we will be good but who will the unknown losses come from? fordham? if it wasen’t for rutgers and ecu this year we are a top 15 team.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 04:02 PM [b] If nobody leaves:

5: Iti/Coleman/Nance

[/b]

i dream at night of this roster

I think we will be in a good position next year to maintain our momentum from this year. A lot of folks may have us down after losing both Plavich and Basden. I like flying under the radar a bit. Gives the team motivation.

Could we win the A-10 in year one with this line up? I think if Withers comes back I’d lay some cash on it. (and he should come back, he can still improve quite a bit).

Bennett is a true point guard. Although, so is Lewis. i really believe Bennett is a better player, but Lewis maybe more suited to fit out style of play at the point.

Bottom line, next year, we’re deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep…

i think Bennett will see much more time at the two than at the point, but he will be sick nasty no matter what position he plays

[b]If nobody leaves:

5: Iti/Coleman/Nance[/b]

I’d love to see coach make full use of the depth, tallent, such as subbing all 5 at once. I’d love to see that. yeah.

Drayton isnt starting at the 3 next year. He wont be starting, period, for that matter. The 3 spot is Alexander’s.

alexander was sitting down and i’ll say it again sitting down and taking 35 foot three’s at the houston game while they were warming up…and oh wait he was making them does that tell you where he’ll be playing and does anyone know anything about pigford’s possible return or is that still in question i talked to him the other day and he said he wasn’t sure if he was able to return

[b] I'd love to see coach make full use of the depth, tallent, such as subbing all 5 at once. I'd love to see that. yeah.[/b]

You will not see coach subbing all 5 at once. I asked him spicifically about that type of strategy a few years ago when we had a deep, talented team, and he was adamantly opposed to the concept.

[b]does anyone know anything about pigford's possible return [/b]

About three or four weeks ago, after a Lutz live, coach said that the only comment he could make regarding Pigford was that it was between Pigford and the University, and out of coach’s control.

I think that if both Withers and Iti return next year, as I think they should (which I know is worth nothing :smiley: ), we will be a top ten team, assuming just a bit of progress in everyone’s games and that they can work as a team, as this one has.

GO NINERS!!!