What's the difference between Charlotte and Davidson?

Until at least Wednesday afternoon, the 49ers still have a chance of making the NCAA tournament. The mildcats on the other hand, DO NOT.

Davidson falls to College of Charleston 59-52.

I said back in november in the shoutbox “bold Prediction: Davidson will not make the tourney”.

i wish i would have posted rather than shouted.

Gotta love it

It looks like they shot worse than we did yesterday from 3.

The Observer can thank Stephen (pronounced STEFF-en) for saving them the expense of another day of Scott Fowler being in Chattanooga.

I forgot, he also saved them lots more from the 2 writers and a photographer going to the dance to see him play.

On the other hand, several grocery stores are close to bankruptcy in the Davidson and Huntersville area. They having a fire sale on cherry-flavored Kool-aid.

I was going to answer the question with…Davidson is not God awful.

That being said, Bonnell at the disturber is saying that Curry is as good as gone and is a borderline lottery pick.

I like the kid. But, it must be a weak draft class. He’s an incredible college player, but I think the athletic covers of the nba will be a big problem for him. I think he can make it as a guy off the bench, being a situational player. But, I’d be surprised with more than that.

I like the kid. But, it must be a weak draft class. He's an incredible college player, but I think the athletic covers of the nba will be a big problem for him. I think he can make it as a guy off the bench, being a situational player. But, I'd be surprised with more than that.
I totally agree, but the thing is, none of that will change with an extra year at davidson in the SoCon. His stock value will not get any higher than it is right now.

nbadraft.net has him at 14

[QUOTE=Iron9er;390224]I was going to answer the question with…Davidson is not God awful.

That being said, Bonnell at the disturber is saying that Curry is as good as gone and is a borderline lottery pick.

I like the kid. But, it must be a weak draft class. He’s an incredible college player, but I think the athletic covers of the nba will be a big problem for him. I think he can make it as a guy off the bench, being a situational player. But, I’d be surprised with more than that.[/QUOTE]

Borderline lottery pick = JJ Reddick, clone of Stephanie

[QUOTE=ninerID;390227]I totally agree, but the thing is, none of that will change with an extra year at davidson in the SoCon. His stock value will not get any higher than it is right now.

nbadraft.net has him at 14[/QUOTE]
I would think that his stock has fallen since last season. Any idea of his rank after last season’s run?

[QUOTE=HP49er;390231]I would think that his stock has fallen since last season. Any idea of his rank after last season’s run?[/QUOTE]

no his stock definitely went up at the beginning of this season because he proved he could play some point and it has kind of plateaued since then

Yeah, it went up since last year,

He better jump on it if he wants to get into the NBA. His strengths are great and plenty, but his weakness while not many are HUGE and will definetly hold him back in the NBA. I agree with IRON, he’s going to be more of a role player.

Unless he ends up like mugsy…

Before their conf. season started he was listed going top 10, and even top 5 in some mock drafts depending on how lottery teams fell.

It is a weak draft, and their will probably be some underclassmen coming out who normally wouldn’t b/c next year’s class is supposed to be loaded with European players and one and doners (John Wall, Xavier Henry, etc.).

What is Davidson’s rpi? Is there any way they can sneak in as an at-large? They don’t deserve it. I assume these losses to Southern Conference teams have shot their rpi through the ceiling.

[QUOTE=Chipper;390247]What is Davidson’s rpi? Is there any way they can sneak in as an at-large? They don’t deserve it. I assume these losses to Southern Conference teams have shot their rpi through the ceiling.[/QUOTE]Has Davidson even beaten any top 25 teams this year?

Who cares? Bring back the Pole Vault thread!

Their RPI is in the mid 60s. They have two top 75 RPI wins… It is possible that they could get an at-large I would say.

[QUOTE=HP49er;390222]The Observer can thank Stephen (pronounced STEFF-en) for saving them the expense of another day of Scott Fowler being in Chattanooga.[/QUOTE]I thought I read on this board the Observer decided not to send Jim to Atlantic City. Are you saying they sent someone to the Southern Conference Tournament but will not send someone to the A10 Tournament? How stupid can you get. Niner fans outnumber Davidson fans 5 to 1.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;390254]Their RPI is in the mid 60s. They have two top 75 RPI wins… It is possible that they could get an at-large I would say.[/QUOTE]

their RPI was 67 before the loss

if they get in A LOT of teams will be angry and rightfully so

Borderline lottery pick = JJ Reddick, clone of Stephanie

JJ was dead when it came tourney time, unlike Curry the past 2 years who did really well in the tourney. Curry will be a much better pro than JJ, but I don’t think he will be a superstar.