When will Withers declare?

A-10 Co-Player of the Year Steven Smith of LaSalle has declared, as have Mike Hall and Pops Mensu-Bonsu of George Washington. Like Withers, all are juniors and none will sign with an agent. Thus far, Mensu-Bonsu is the only one I’ve seen as being drafted and that’s in the 2nd round.

Any day now.

Why is this a constant source of speculation? Are we just bored? Maybe I’m being pissy today, but these threads are disingenuous.

It has already been stated several times that Curtis WILL attend the NBA draft camp this year. He probably has yet to receive an official invite, but it will happen.

He will go there, get feedback, and then suit up for us next year. My only concern is that they’ll tell him to play on the wing when it is so necessary for our success that he play inside.

It pains me to admit it but I agree with NA, Withers will not go Pro, quit speculating about it

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Mar 28 2005, 01:32 PM [b] It pains me to admit it but I agree with NA, Withers will not go Pro, quit speculating about it [/b]
Love you too sf :P
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Mar 28 2005, 12:29 PM [b] Why is this a constant source of speculation? Are we just bored? Maybe I'm being pissy today, but these threads are disingenuous. [/b]
NA, I agree that Withers will go to Chicago and be back in Niner green come 2005-06. Just curious after reading a story about the GW guys declaring, which caught me by surprise. With them, the Colonials are the favorites in the A-10 next season. Without, then the race is wide open.

Na you are a good man even though you are an attorney…

We will be just fine in the A 10, I don’t know what Lutz’s big problem is , CUSA was never considered one of the power conferences, and we HAVE ALWAYS had and ALWAYS will have to contend with the ACC so Lutz get over it, hit the
recruiting trali and find us some Sean Colsons, Demarco Johnson’s Dan Plondke’s etc…

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Mar 28 2005, 12:29 PM [b] My only concern is that they'll tell him to play on the wing when it is so necessary for our success that he play inside. [/b]
Do we prep him for the NBA or try to win games? If he primarily plays on the outside next year we can be assured of losing the tough, close games.

Withers was discovered by the national media his sophomore year, In his junior year it seems many of his weaknesses were exposed (especially considering he is a tweener forward, too small for PF, to slow for SF) That may explain why withers steps out so much, he is trying to establish himself as more of an NBA SF. Withers has a lot of areas to improve in, including consistency and ball handling in the post. He would return if he were wise to become an all-around player like eddie, the poster child for staying all four years.

Josh Powell is living proof that these kids don’t always make the best decisions.

Josh Powell… I wonder who convinced a 6-9 220lb forward with no shot he could make it in the NBA.

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Mar 28 2005, 12:45 PM [b] Na you are a good man even though you are an attorney........

We will be just fine in the A 10, I don’t know what Lutz’s big problem is , CUSA was never considered one of the power conferences, and we HAVE ALWAYS had and ALWAYS will have to contend with the ACC so Lutz get over it, hit the
recruiting trali and find us some Sean Colsons, Demarco Johnson’s Dan Plondke’s etc… [/b]

No “plain vanilla”, premium flavors only. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think he will go pro but let’s not be naive and claim that it isn’t a possibility.

if he goes pro, we will need nance to learn how to play without fouling, coleman to hit the treadmill, and mullis to grow an inch or two

I’m assuming we’ll hear from Curt about this in roughly 2 weeks

If Curt declares and does not later withdraw before the deadline, he will qualify as a “certified fool” (to borrow a phrase from an old Rolling Stones song.) Neither he nor Iti would be drafted in the first round and maybe not at all this year.

Anybody know what Eddie’s plans are? Is he going to a draft camp?