Where will Lebron end up?

Even though I am feeding the fire, I think this has been over hyped. But still think it’s fun to guess, as if we know.

I still don’t know why he is not interested in the Clippers. Baron Davis, Blake Griffin, Drew Gooden, Eric Gordon, and Kaman with Lebron. He would still be the star and have all of the pieces around him to get to the Finals. The only one of those guys currently over 30 years old is Davis, so they could have a great core for a long time. Why not play in Hollywoood and try to bring a championship to a franchise that has been in despair for nearly its entire existance? If he’s all about the money, he would have already re-signed with the Cavs. I’m thinking the attendance for Clipper games likely would be more than Laker games, too, if Lebron comes to the City of Angels. :o

Yeah, maybe I should have included the Clippers too. Paul Pierce is the rumor I’ve heard for the Clippers.

[quote=“X-49er, post:2, topic:23515”]I still don’t know why he is not interested in the Clippers. Baron Davis, Blake Griffin, Drew Gooden, Eric Gordon, and Kaman with Lebron. He would still be the star and have all of the pieces around him to get to the Finals. The only one of those guys currently over 30 years old is Davis, so they could have a great core for a long time. Why not play in Hollywoood and try to bring a championship to a franchise that has been in despair for nearly its entire existance? If he’s all about the money, he would have already re-signed with the Cavs. I’m thinking the attendance for Clipper games likely would be more than Laker games, too, if Lebron comes to the City of Angels. :o[/quote] Because one of the reasons for the despair is the owner sucks? Most of the sportswriters says that Sterling is the worst owner in the NBA.

He may be, but I’ve never heard glowing reviews of the Cavs owner either. Lebron will make being a GM or an owner easy. The seats sell easy with him on the roster. It appears that he, Bosch, and Wade are colluding to end up in the same place. That eliminates the Clippers. I just think it would be a good story if he went there, and if LeBron took the Clipps to the promised land even just once his legacy would be cemented forever.

I heard another report saying that Bosch tweeted he doesn’t intend on going anywhere to be 2nd or 3rd fiddle. If he’s seriously thinking about playing with Lebron and/or DWade, I don’t know how he can say that. And if he seriously means he doesn’t intend on being 2nd fiddle, then the Knicks seems like the most likely place for him.

Bosh guys, Bosh.

BOSH and Wade have the same agent, so they can talk freely through their agent with no threat of tampering charges. Bosh is not going to take a team to the Finals, so he needs to understand his role as a solid #2 player. He may get a max contract from a team dumb enough to give it to him, but he’ll never win a title going that route.

Lebron goes to the knicks

Threadjack: Joe Johnson at 29 about to receive a max contract extension from the Hawks is about the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.

Great for Johnson! A WTF moment in franchise history for the Hawks.

Seemingly lost because of the names of the “big” free agents are a few guys who I think can really help a team. It’ll be interesting to see what happens to David Lee, Stoudemire, Mark Miller, Nowitzki, Boozer. Because of that I think it’s highly likely Wade and Lebron stay put, and their teams pick up one of these guys.

Stoudemire to Cleveland makes a lot of sense. If he or Bosh go to the Knicks, then maybe Cleveland gets Lee or Boozer, with the last of the 4 (Bosh, Boozer, Lee, Stoudemire) going to either Chicago or Miami. Seems like Stoudemire is going to be the domino.

Not sure which is worse, that, or Rudy Gay getting a huge contract.

Take it for what it’s worth:

Shares of Madison Square Garden Inc., were up 6.4% yesterday. Shares are down 3.85% so far today.

Hmmm…

Great for Johnson! A WTF moment in franchise history for the Hawks.[/quote]

Hawks = Franchise that gave Jon Koncak a 6 year $13M dollar deal in 1989. That was more than Bird, Magic or Jordan made and iced the Hawks out of the free gent pool for many many years. So the franchise is not exactly known for smart financial moves.

On another note wow have things changed in the NBA. Way too much money throw around now. $2M a year was a HUGE deal and now it’s nothing.

Yeah, Brendan Heywood just signed for $55M

It appears grim, but I’m still rooting for the Clippers so that we don’t have to see this magazine cover again.

Yeah, I fear sounding like an old timer about stuff like that. But it is absurd at times. And frustrating, when you’re spending $6 on a beer at the games.

Just from the Bobcats last season…
Larry Hughes - $13.7 mill
Chandler - $11.9
Diop - $6

$32 million in one year, to play basketball!

and not even good basketball.

I see a lot of smart asses making late votes for Miami, thus tainting the poll results. :))