Which week will be the first Panther's game to be BLACKED-OUT on TV ?

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:18, topic:24059”][quote=“s9er, post:17, topic:24059”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:8, topic:24059”]They usually only have a couple thousand or so seats to sell, and these will be bought with the slush fund, up to a point. If it’s just 1 or two games, I think they’ll do it. If it looks like half a season, maybe they’ll opt out.

Wasn’t Tampa the only team that had given up on it recently?[/quote]

I might be wrong, but I though Jax had some blackouts, even after removing seats via the good old tarp over the seats trick.[/quote]

Yeah but the Jags have never had extreme support… ever. My wife’s family is from Savannah - Jags territory and they said even when they were really good back in the late 90s early 00s that they were always in danger of blackouts. That is why the started covering up seats so they could still “claim” sell outs and even that isn’t working.[/quote]

“Thanks for calling the Jacksonville Jaguars, how can I direct your call?”

“Hey sweet baby, It’s Los Angeles calling. What are you wearing?” :-*

Stubhub (Ebay Inc.) doesn’t buy tickets. It’s just a medium which fans can purchase tickets from other fans and brokers. Unless the Panthers buy them up, I expect to see one or two black outs.

Stubhub (Ebay Inc.) doesn’t buy tickets. It’s just a medium which fans can purchase tickets from other fans and brokers. Unless the Panthers buy them up, I expect to see one or two black outs.[/quote]

All they have to do is broker a deal with one of their sponsors to buy the remaining block.

Stubhub (Ebay Inc.) doesn’t buy tickets. It’s just a medium which fans can purchase tickets from other fans and brokers. Unless the Panthers buy them up, I expect to see one or two black outs.[/quote]

All they have to do is broker a deal with one of their sponsors to buy the remaining block.[/quote]

Stubhub wouldn’t even consider doing this for the Panthers as Ticketexchange is the official resale site for the Panthers. Stubhub has nothing to gain unless they were the official reseller for the team (ie. the Washington Redskins). Reselling tickets is where my money during college came from.

[quote=“s9er, post:4, topic:24059”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:24059”][quote=“cibik02, post:1, topic:24059”]I’m gonna go with Week 15 against the Cards. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Week 7 though. Away games won’t be blacked-out correct?

Terrible product. Harris Teeter would have taken it off the shelves and now only sold at the $1 store.[/quote]

The question is what percentage of the stadium is already sold out from season ticket holders? If it is high enough “someone” will buy what ever is remaining so that the TV revenue will stay up.[/quote]

With PSL’s having bought such a large chunk, I do think it is unlikely that the rest wont be “sold”[/quote]

There will be no Panther black-outs.

All they have to do is broker a deal with one of their sponsors to buy the remaining block.[/quote]

Stubhub wouldn’t even consider doing this for the Panthers as Ticketexchange is the official resale site for the Panthers. Stubhub has nothing to gain unless they were the official reseller for the team (ie. the Washington Redskins). Reselling tickets is where my money during college came from.[/quote]

Not through stub hub or ticketmaster - like when I worked at First Union while the Hornets were here the bank would buy a block of tickets if they were close to a sell out - this would make sure that their advertisements were seen and they would just hand the tickets out to employees. This only works if there are a small amount of tickets left. The Panthers have enough sponsors that they could broker discounted deals with this different sponsors who would then give the tickets to their employees and the Panthers get their sell out and TV ratings and revenue.

They are painful to watch. Even in the 1-15 season you could watch the games and have a little hope. I wouldn’t go to a game this year if someone gave me tickets. AND if I was a PSL owner I would be furious that the Panthers raised ticket prices this year and put that pitiful excuse for a football team on the field. Thank goodness for Fantasy Football.

By the way, does anyone else think the Panthers should trade Steve Smith? By the time they will be any good he will be past his prime. I would trade him for draft picks.

[quote=“49er96, post:27, topic:24059”]They are painful to watch. Even in the 1-15 season you could watch the games and have a little hope. I wouldn’t go to a game this year if someone gave me tickets. AND if I was a PSL owner I would be furious that the Panthers raised ticket prices this year and put that pitiful excuse for a football team on the field. Thank goodness for Fantasy Football.

By the way, does anyone else think the Panthers should trade Steve Smith? By the time they will be any good he will be past his prime. I would trade him for draft picks.[/quote]

No, in today’s NFL you can be terrible one season and excellent 1-2 years later. He’s still got several good years left as long as his “attitude” doesn’t become a problem for the team. I think they should trade Stewart (if anybody right now). he is a luxury this team can not afford. They have too many other needs. DW should get 80-90% of the snaps anyway and i think Goodson appears capable for the rest. Trade JS for a decent receiver.

[quote=“919R, post:28, topic:24059”][quote=“49er96, post:27, topic:24059”]They are painful to watch. Even in the 1-15 season you could watch the games and have a little hope. I wouldn’t go to a game this year if someone gave me tickets. AND if I was a PSL owner I would be furious that the Panthers raised ticket prices this year and put that pitiful excuse for a football team on the field. Thank goodness for Fantasy Football.

By the way, does anyone else think the Panthers should trade Steve Smith? By the time they will be any good he will be past his prime. I would trade him for draft picks.[/quote]

No, in today’s NFL you can be terrible one season and excellent 1-2 years later. He’s still got several good years left as long as his “attitude” doesn’t become a problem for the team. I think they should trade Stewart (if anybody right now). he is a luxury this team can not afford. They have too many other needs. DW should get 80-90% of the snaps anyway and i think Goodson appears capable for the rest. Trade JS for a decent receiver. [/quote]I agree with trading Stewart. Goodson has shown he’s explosive and Sutton will be fine as a RB3. Trading Stewart could net a 2nd rd pick (maybe).

I heard yesterday on ESPN that the Packers contacted the Panthers about a RB and were told none of theirs were available. I’m assuming this means D Will be resigned but at this point I have no idea what’s going through Richardson’s head.

if the San Francisco game featuring 2 winless teams is magically sold out. all games will be sold out. and whoever mentioned trading steve smith. why trade him when the panthers can just let his contract expire and lose him to another team. sarcasm intended.

I would trade Steve Smith. He desrves a shot at a ring, and by the time this team is going to be any good again, he’ll be on the decline. He’s already becoming injury prone due to the way he plays.

I have a sneaking suspiscion that the new coach will trade him for draft picks as a first order of business, if Richardson holds him that long.

I do not think they will trade that RB tandem.

What’s Thomas Davis’ contract situation? Didn’t he just re-sign?

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:24059”][quote=“cibik02, post:1, topic:24059”]I’m gonna go with Week 15 against the Cards. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Week 7 though. Away games won’t be blacked-out correct?

Terrible product. Harris Teeter would have taken it off the shelves and now only sold at the $1 store.[/quote]

The question is what percentage of the stadium is already sold out from season ticket holders? If it is high enough “someone” will buy what ever is remaining so that the TV revenue will stay up.[/quote]66,000 of the seats in the stadiums are PSLs, which comes to 91.667% of the stadium. That is the reason the Panthers so rarely have blackouts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/14/buccaneers-expect-blackouts-even-in-the-playoffs/

The Buccaneers are 3-1 and preparing for a home game against the Saints that could establish Tampa Bay as a legitimate playoff contender.

But that game won’t sell out and will be blacked out on local TV, and the Buccaneers say they fully expect every game to be blacked out all season – even if they make the playoffs.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:32, topic:24059”]I would trade Steve Smith. He desrves a shot at a ring, and by the time this team is going to be any good again, he’ll be on the decline. He’s already becoming injury prone due to the way he plays.

I have a sneaking suspiscion that the new coach will trade him for draft picks as a first order of business, if Richardson holds him that long.

I do not think they will trade that RB tandem.

What’s Thomas Davis’ contract situation? Didn’t he just re-sign?[/quote]

No way you can say this with any certainty. NFL teams can completely turn around in 1-2 years. Smith will not be “done” in the next 1-2 years. Also, its not like he hasn’t already had a “shot” at a ring with the Panthers. He lost a close SB and was 1 game away again. Its not like the Panthers have sucked his whole career. They’ve had 8 straight years of 7-9 (competitive atleast) or better BEFORE this season atleast.