Which week will be the first Panther's game to be BLACKED-OUT on TV ?

I’m gonna go with Week 15 against the Cards. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Week 7 though. Away games won’t be blacked-out correct?

Terrible product. Harris Teeter would have taken it off the shelves and now only sold at the $1 store.

[quote=“cibik02, post:1, topic:24059”]I’m gonna go with Week 15 against the Cards. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Week 7 though. Away games won’t be blacked-out correct?

Terrible product. Harris Teeter would have taken it off the shelves and now only sold at the $1 store.[/quote]

The question is what percentage of the stadium is already sold out from season ticket holders? If it is high enough “someone” will buy what ever is remaining so that the TV revenue will stay up.

Maybe Stubhub has bought up all of the tickets already and it won’t be a problem. Atlanta and Baltimore should have some fans in the area to help sell those games out. The Saints might have some wagoneers to show up off of last year’s run, but unless the San Fran and Arizona games were already sold out they’re not going to sell out now.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:24059”][quote=“cibik02, post:1, topic:24059”]I’m gonna go with Week 15 against the Cards. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Week 7 though. Away games won’t be blacked-out correct?

Terrible product. Harris Teeter would have taken it off the shelves and now only sold at the $1 store.[/quote]

The question is what percentage of the stadium is already sold out from season ticket holders? If it is high enough “someone” will buy what ever is remaining so that the TV revenue will stay up.[/quote]

With PSL’s having bought such a large chunk, I do think it is unlikely that the rest wont be “sold”

I wish they’d black it out every week. Even if it is a good game, they still have that 3rd rate announcing team covering it. BRIAN BALDINGER!!!

less than 1900 tix remain for the SF game in week 7, per the official website.

I’ll be at that game.

They usually only have a couple thousand or so seats to sell, and these will be bought with the slush fund, up to a point. If it’s just 1 or two games, I think they’ll do it. If it looks like half a season, maybe they’ll opt out.

Wasn’t Tampa the only team that had given up on it recently?

Bring your mat for nap time.

Yell really loud and I’ll see if I can hear you. Shouldnt be hard. Scream your band name or something. The other 25 people in the stadium wont mind.

Is it true that there is some rule for PSL owners that if a lock out occurs, they are released from having to buy tickets or something to that affect?

Yell really loud and I’ll see if I can hear you. Shouldnt be hard. Scream your band name or something. The other 25 people in the stadium wont mind.[/quote]

I’m just glad someone will get a win!

Hey… my team still has one more week to get a win (unless they are on bye).

Let’s be real here.

Which one is the next home game?

Games up top are in order Kenny.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:8, topic:24059”]They usually only have a couple thousand or so seats to sell, and these will be bought with the slush fund, up to a point. If it’s just 1 or two games, I think they’ll do it. If it looks like half a season, maybe they’ll opt out.

Wasn’t Tampa the only team that had given up on it recently?[/quote]

I might be wrong, but I though Jax had some blackouts, even after removing seats via the good old tarp over the seats trick.

[quote=“s9er, post:17, topic:24059”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:8, topic:24059”]They usually only have a couple thousand or so seats to sell, and these will be bought with the slush fund, up to a point. If it’s just 1 or two games, I think they’ll do it. If it looks like half a season, maybe they’ll opt out.

Wasn’t Tampa the only team that had given up on it recently?[/quote]

I might be wrong, but I though Jax had some blackouts, even after removing seats via the good old tarp over the seats trick.[/quote]

Yeah but the Jags have never had extreme support… ever. My wife’s family is from Savannah - Jags territory and they said even when they were really good back in the late 90s early 00s that they were always in danger of blackouts. That is why the started covering up seats so they could still “claim” sell outs and even that isn’t working.

So if the Panthers get blacked out, would Fox get better ratings from a Blazing Saddles or the The History of the World Part 1 re-run? :))

Well, they don’t show anything, it’s just a black screen.

But otherwise, good joke!