Who else is over the Iti situation?

I hate the fact that I feel this way, but right now I hope he doesnā€™t sniff a team drafting him. I hope we hear numerous jokes from Barkley and others about him during the course of the night.

This is all crap anyway. My guess is heā€™s ready to go over seas or to the NBDL and make 30-50K a year and hold on to the pipe dream heā€™ll be brought back by some NBA team. I hope the leaches that are around him realize 30-50k doesnā€™t split very much and isnā€™t much of a gravey train.

Iā€™m so bitter, but Iā€™ll be over it in a few days. <_<

Good riddance if heā€™s gone, Iā€™ll welcome him back with open arms (more than I did with Mr. Johnson) should he return. Lutz said in a speech in High Point last week that ā€œif a big guy doesnā€™t quit on you, heā€™ll do something good before he leaves.ā€ He was making a reference to Butter. Same goes for Iti.

But look at the numbers so far from campā€¦
3 games, 56 minutes, 18.7 mpg
6 of 24 field goals, .250 FG%
1 of 6 free throws, .167 FT%
13 points, 4.3 ppg
17 rebounds, 5.7 rpg
14 fouls, 4.7 fpg

Yep, heā€™s ready for the YMCA leagues. :rolleyes: Where are the players like Warren Martin who knew their roles these days?

Whereā€™d you get that info? ESPN Insider? Thatā€™s -wretched- Absolutely horrible.

Itā€™s in todayā€™s Observer (at the bottom)ā€¦ Howard says Clippers donā€™t need him No. 2.

I donā€™t know who got into Itiā€™s head, but if he leaves, we should hire the guy as the team psychologist. The 49ers would be national champions every season.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 10:09 AM [b] But look at the numbers so far from camp... [b]3 games, 56 minutes, 18.7 mpg 6 of 24 field goals, .250 FG% 1 of 6 free throws, .167 FT% 13 points, 4.3 ppg 17 rebounds, 5.7 rpg 14 fouls, 4.7 fpg[/b] [/b]
Yep.. thats Iti... averaging 1 foul every 4 minutes. I can't imagine him getting drafted at all with those numbers.
[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 11:43 AM [b]He originally said he wanted to see where he stacked up before coming back to Charlotte, right?[/b]
That's where I STILL see the situation. I believe he is taking advantage of an opportunity to do two things:
  1. Get a chance to size yourseld up against other big men and to attend clinics taught by some of the best in the business - all at the NBAā€™s expense.

2. Get your name and face exposed to the real ā€œplayersā€ in this market. Scouts and GMs across the country. This way, after next year when he really intends to try professional ball, he wonā€™t be a no-name 7ā€™ tall kid that just showed up on the scene.

I think his comments about this being ā€œall about my familyā€ are just for show. Remember, heā€™s just 19 or 20 and sort of new to media hype. Maybe he was just ā€œfeelinā€™ itā€ and decided to have some fun with an interviewer. Iā€™ll bet come Thursday, he drops out of the draft and everyone will forget about it until nest year.

Weā€™ll seeā€¦

[i]Originally posted by MEGRNiner[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 11:30 AM [b] Remember, he's just 19 or 20 and sort of new to media hype. Maybe he was just "feelin' it" and decided to have some fun with an interviewer.

[/b]

Wouldnā€™t that be something?!?!

He averaged 6 and 4 as a freshman, his numbers in Chicago were horrible, heā€™s not a 7 footer without shoes but has really long arms. This may not be the right time to go pro. :o :wacko:

I got 50 bucks that says heā€™ll be in Niner Green again this coming season. Any takers?

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 07:08 PM [b] I got 50 bucks that says he'll be in Niner Green again this coming season. Any takers? [/b]
hell i'm tempted to take that bet. if he stays in the draft, i win 50 bucks, if he comes back, we have a center for next year....looks like a win/win situation
[i]Originally posted by MEGRNiner+Jun 13 2004, 12:30 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MEGRNiner @ Jun 13 2004, 12:30 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Jun 14 2004, 12:52 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Jun 14 2004, 12:52 AM)

Looks like Austinniner isnā€™t living in denial after allā€¦nice optimism! Youā€™re the designated lucky one! How about a similar statement about us making the Elite 8!!

[i]Originally posted by MEGRNiner[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 11:30 AM [b] Maybe he was just "feelin' it" and decided to have some fun with an interviewer.

[/b]

Didnā€™t he do something similar to a reporter just before signing period his Senior season? Seems like I remember a phone interview that got us all worked up.

That was probably Bearchatter.

Iā€™m finally over the Iti situation!

ā€¦And Tenniner, Iā€™m not going to say anything about the elite 8 when Iā€™m holding out hope for a national championship.