Who else is over the Iti situation?

Upon further review, I’m over the Iti situation.

He was all hype last year. It would have been nice to see him grow into the player he was hyped to be, but, since we won’t see him blossom in the NBA, we’ll never really know what we’re missing, if anything at all.

Just wondering who, like me, is over it by now.

By the way, if he comes back I’ll welcome him with open arms, of course!!!

I am way over it. I would welcome him back, but did he really think he could comptete with players on the blocks like Shaq, The law firm in Detroit of Wallace and Wallace, etc.? WHAT AN IDIOT!

Over it? Maybe.

Disappointed? Absolutely. Living in the shadow of the He-who-shall-not-be-named conference, it is difficult to generate much excitement regarding the program. While Iti has not developed into an all-conference talent yet or maybe ever, his role with the 2004-05 team is significant. Think of how easy it will be to double team Withers with no other legitimate/potential threat inside.

Anyone else still trying to figure out where this “consistent 10 ft. turn-around” from the baseline came from? Didn’t see it much last year and it is further proof that more college ball will do nothing but good for him in the future.

[b]Anyone else still trying to figure out where this "consistent 10 ft. turn-around" from the baseline came from? [/b]

This made me laugh almost as much as him saying he can play against anybody. You’re right, though, it is disappointing. If nothing else, the fact that he went to the camp would have been hype-worthy this season and he would have generated some more press for us. Oh well…

I’d like to have him back because he could still develop into a good Division 1 center. But if he leaves I don’t think it will have much influence on our wins and losses. I just hope the kid doesn’t blow his future because some coat tail riding piece of crap tells him he can do it. If I could only draft players from the Niners he’d probably go 4th.

It’s disappointing, but I’m certainly not losing any sleep over it. The whole situation is a very sad commentary on the state of NCAA athletics. Everyone is in search of the almighty dollar.

I guess dissappointing is the right word… Its kind of sad that the most highly ranked recruit we EVER landed is going to leave after having very little impact on our team or program.

I guess Iti has a lot of potential, but he wasn’t nearly the player I was expecting. It would be far more devastating if we lost Withers.

[b]Though he came up short at the very end of Wednesday’s first game, Iti provided an intriguing glimpse of what could be in store for this lean seven-footer from Australia. After a rather pedestrian freshman campaign at Charlotte in 2003-04, Iti entered his name in the draft under the assumption that he’d grab and invite to Chicago and start making a name for himself. Though he clearly could use more seasoning at the collegiate level, Iti showed good touch around the basket and a knack for being in the right place at the right time. [/b]

Saw this on the Bobcats home page where they’re tracking results each day at the Chicago camps. Apparently, Iti had a tip-in that was waved off at the end of the game.

Funny…I don’t remember Iti saying he wanted to go to Chicago to make a name for himself. He originally said he wanted to see where he stacked up before coming back to Charlotte, right?

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 10:43 AM [b] Saw this on the Bobcats home page where they're tracking results each day at the Chicago camps. [/b]
Thanks for the heads-up. Interesting comments. Iti's conditioning and knees caused him some problems last season. That was under 30 games.

June 17th isn’t here yet so maybe he’ll talk to the right person and listen. Either way, we should be fine for this season. With him, we would get tons of hype and would have a legit chance of being top 20 all year long. Without him, we’ll have to out-quick people with Baldwin, Basden, Drayton, Withers. Still better than most years.

If Iti does stay in the draft, then so be it. We’ll just file it under the “What could have been?” file with Rodney White, Charles Hayward, et al. I’m ready for 2004-05 with all the guys who want to wear “CHARLOTTE” on their jersey!

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 07:39 AM [b] Upon further review, I'm over the Iti situation.

He was all hype last year. It would have been nice to see him grow into the player he was hyped to be, but, since we won’t see him blossom in the NBA, we’ll never really know what we’re missing, if anything at all.

Just wondering who, like me, is over it by now.

By the way, if he comes back I’ll welcome him with open arms, of course!!! [/b]

I’m way over it. We’re not losing anything except potential and potential is no guarantee. He was more of a liability than an asset last year, so just reviewing the facts, we are out nothing with his departure.

Gentlemen, I believe He is gone and it is time for us to move on!

I wouldn’t say I’m over it yet. We just found out about it earlier this week. Once it’s set in stone he won’t be back (after June 17), it will be time to move on. With Iti, we have the potential to make a DEEP run into the Tourney next year. Without him, we’ll do good to qualify with the kick-@$$ schedule we have for next season. Iti’s offense would help some, but we will miss greatly his defensive presence and his rebounding. They were decent last year, and would improve a lot this year. Pigford won’t be able to fill that void, and I have no idea about Nance. It wouldn’t be such a big deal had Iti not acted like he was going to stay if he didn’t go in the first round. I sort of feel betrayed in that he’s not sticking to what he said, and the fact that he hasn’t suddenly developed into Ben Wallace.

IMO, Iti owes us another year, period. Last year’s PT was an investment in making him serviceable. He wasn’t so until the end of the year, and even then he fouled too much. This was the first year he was supposed to pay dividends. I’m annoyed as hell at him for jumping early. It’s just ridiculous. No, I’m not over it, I won;t be until well after June 17th, and I think that’s ok. Unlike Rodney who was robbed of a year and was a guaranteed lotto pick, Iti will be lucky to get get drafted at all and will be out of the league before day one of next season.

[b]With him, we would get tons of hype and would have a legit chance of being top 20 all year long. Without him, we'll have to out-quick people with Baldwin, Basden, Drayton, Withers. Still better than most years.[/b]

That’s sad when we have to say well it’s better then most years. Oh well I guess thats life. Hopefully his departure will give our guys even more motivation. I am fearful of a long year of trying to as Lefty has said “out-quick” people.

as long as there is hope he will return, I’m holding out and living in denial.

Over it? Not even close, I won’t be over it until I have completely ran out of jokes that concern Iti and what a dumbass move that this is…
Rodney White
Josh Powell
a,b,c
names that only fans of those schools will ever remember…why, b/c they got f’ing greedy.
IDIOTS.

[i]Originally posted by stay the f in school[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 10:07 PM [b] Over it? Not even close, I won't be over it until I have completely ran out of jokes that concern Iti and what a dumbass move that this is.... Rodney White Josh Powell a,b,c names that only fans of those schools will ever remember...why, b/c they got f'ing greedy. IDIOTS. [/b]
You can't compare Rodney and Iti. Rodney was a proven college talent and a guaranteed lottery pick. His decision was a killer for our program but the right one for him. One more year of college would not have made Rodney a better pro and the money was too good not to take. Iti on the other hand is guaranteed nothing and needs two more years just to get into the situation that presented itself to Rodney White.

Maybe someone told Iti he would be allowed to play defense in the pros by grabbing hold of the opposing player & hanging on. Or maybe he heard it’s ok to get the ball & take 3 or 4 steps without dribbling & then dunk it. What he did not hear was that only the superstars are allowed to do that stuff all the time.

Seriously, a very good source told me a certain team has expressed interest in him in the 2nd round but he won’t go without guaranteed big money (which we all know won’t happen). That’s a little different from the Observer article.

Based on an individual workout (heat) or something seen at the camp? Look Steve Logan wanted first round money as a 2nd rounder. He had 10 times the game, ten times the heart, ten times the clutch. He’s getting fat on his couch now.

If he gets drafted, lord mercy.

These drafts are out of hand.

What determines where you’ll be drafted in baseball these days? Signable or not. Kruk just penned some interesting thoughts on the draft for ESPN Page 2.

Pro hoops? Highlight reel dunks over 15 year olds. Gee that’s a barometer.

Seems like only in pro football is someone drafted on their ability to play pro football.