RB T. Barber
RB W. Dunn
TE H. Miller
BN M. Bell
BN C. Benson
BN S. McNair
BN C. Jackson
BN M. Pollard

I like the buildup of this team the more I look at it. Tom Brady produces points week in and week out. And yes it doesn’t matter who his receivers are Brady will have big numbers. Hines Ward is always a great option. Bench is strong and a nice mix of younger players like Chad Jackson & Mike Bell (who will start in Denver)., and vets like Mcnair and Pollard. Look for Cold Players to be 1st in the standings.

Best Move- Drafting Barber & Dunn. With Duckett gone Dunn’s fantasy value goes up big time. And Barber is always a GREAT fantasy option because of his ability to not only be in the top 5 in rushing, but pickup big receiving numbers for a RB (and it seems he has put the fumble problems behind him for good.)

Good 2nd.
Team 4 - Anborn Selects
QB D. Bledsoe
WR T. Holt
WR D. Jackson
WR D. Driver
RB S. Alexander
RB B. Westbrook
TE J. Witten
BN R. Dayne
BN J. Jurevicius
BN Ma. Clayton
BN K. Winslow
BN P. Rivers

Nice set of RBs and a reliable QB with a good TE combo. All #1 receivers who are good fantasy options.

Weakness- Bench is a little weak with only one backup RB in Dayne (which just got released but will be picked up). And Phillip Rivers is a ? But I do like Marc Clayton and Winslow( if he stays healthy) as good productive players coming off injuries.

Tough call…

I like Teams: 2 & 8 for their overall strength but there are another 3-4 teams that are just as solid but have 1-2 players with question marks on health or have 1-2 players that are one injury away from being studs.

2- Carson - STRONG, Solid WR corps - Horn - STRONG now that Stallworth is gone, Stallworth - could be very solid now in Philly, Glenn - very solid but TO could hurt his value. Very good RB’s with Parker, Lewis (assuming he’s healthy again) with Maroney as an option as well. Good TE in Crumpler (the ONLY receiver Vick throws to).

8- McNabb has looked great so far and B. Johnson is a solid backup. Chambers is a great get with Dante in Miami and Lee Evans is solid as well (especially since the Bills will have to throw ALOT this year). Cadillac and Jackson are 2 monster gets at RB with another solid starter in Gore in the bench.

Team 9 could be strong if Javon is back to himself and if Reggie Bush weren’t stealing carries from Deuce. Obviously Peyton is huge and Gates performs like a RB.

Team 10 is another. If Kurt holds on to his job all year, he has a ton of weapons and could be a solid QB. Also, will Dillon stay healthy and how many carries does he lose to Maroney? I love Chad Johnson and Anquan as WR’s and there is good depth at RB with Taylor (if he can stay healthy) and Barber (if he can take more carries away from Jones…Parcells seems to have always liked Barber more).

Just my 35 cents…

Thanks for the shout out Ninerballin. I like my Coldplayers’ chances, but I have to admit that each team looks pretty strong this year, especially Bones Hugs and Harmon

My Predictions:

1. The Charlotte 49er- By far the best group of starting recievers, great starting RB in LJ and great depth at RB with Dillion, Taylor, Jones and Barber. Only real question mark is Warner and with his weapons he could have a huge year is he stays health, this guy did win 2 MVPS…

2. Anborn Selects- Very good group of WR’s, but a notch below #1 and Jackson is a injury concern. Strong starting RB’s with Alexander and Westbrook, but Westbrook is nicked up and his only back up is Ron Dayne??? That hurts.

3. Bones Hugs and Harmon- Good group of WRs and solid starting RB’s if healthy. Not alot of depth at RB and overall weak bench for a starting line up with some injury issues. Still look for some huge weeks from this group.

4. 3INHALTON- Solid starting RB’s with great depth behind them. Solid, if not spectacular group of WRs. Not sure why anyone needs 3 QBs and only 1 back up WR…This team does seem to lack that big time fantasy scorer, but I think they will be consistant.

5. ColdPlayers- Pretty average WRs and pretty average RBs = pretty average team. Huge years from Barber and Dunn could elevate them, but I worry about the amount of TDs these back will produce. This team has NO bench, so an injury or 2 would send them to the cellar.

6. The Sean Colsons- Solid line up, ok bench. Not enough game breakers, but will benefit from consistancy. Needs another WR.

7. Game Over- The name says it all for this team… Only way they sneak into the top 4 is if Smith,Manning, Brown and Bush have spectacular years. Neg: not much a bench at the skill positions, Pos: a lot of depth at Kicker and Def.

8. HerecomestheRUCKUS- 3 years ago this starting line up wins the league easily. Can these old retreads recapture their past fantasy glory??? Doubt it.

9. Purple Rockets- Some nice peices there, but when 2 of your starters might not play, that hurts. Especially with not a lot of depth to make up for it. A couple of shrewd trades could elevate this team into the top 4 and a playoff berth.

10. Deez Nutz- Gets the nod over En Fuego becuase of Palmer. Nothing else on this team gets me excited. Starting a rookie RB that don’t start = not good.

11. En Fuego- Average WRs + Average RBs + Weak Bench = Weak Team.

12. Hunt Village Killaz- What can I say, this kid loves the Panthers. Jake in the 1st round, Carolina Def in the 2nd and Kasey in the 5th. Recommend name change= “Bye Week”

Team 6 - Bones Hugs and Harmon
QB D. Culpepper
WR M. Harrison
WR R. Moss
WR K. McCardell
RB C. Portis
RB J. Jones
TE T. Gonzalez
BN D. Rhodes
BN K. Curtis
BN A. Brooks
BN A. Toomer

Reasons

1. 2 good starting Running Backs
  2. Good Quarterback
  3. Great TE
  4. Capable Recievers.

clinton portis is hurt. julius jones always gets hurt. bad back up.

If this was a keeper league GAME OVER would have the field dominated!

Bush and Brown at RB is an awsome combo even in a single-season league!

TJ ‘whose you momma’ should have an great year and get in the endzone at least 9-10 times. As a Raven fan I am partcial to Heap, hopefully they will be in the redzone more often and one would think with Mason, Clayton and Lewis Heap would be able to get open!

I like Edwards, I have strong feelings he will come back and show what he did in the first 3 weeks of last season.

[QUOTE=A-10 bound;187072]If this was a keeper league GAME OVER would have the field dominated!

Bush and Brown at RB is an awsome combo even in a single-season league!

TJ ‘whose you momma’ should have an great year and get in the endzone at least 9-10 times. As a Raven fan I am partcial to Heap, hopefully they will be in the redzone more often and one would think with Mason, Clayton and Lewis Heap would be able to get open!

I like Edwards, I have strong feelings he will come back and show what he did in the first 3 weeks of last season.[/QUOTE]

It’s not a keeper league…

The only reason you are down on the TD’s is because usually these backs have had guys in there to punch it in for them. Sorry but they dont have that this year and trust me Barber and Dunn ALWAYS produce big time yardage (and always are big time threats out of the backfield receiving) and that will be met with big time TD’s this year. The big knock on Dunn always was that he had another back in the backfield that was going to get the ball at the 2 (just like Bettis last year and year b4 in Pitt.). But Duckett is gone and Dunn’s value shot out of the roof.

You also have to remember that sometimes the difference makers are the TE’s. Heath Miller is poised to have a huge year.

Are you retarted about the No bench.
Chad Jackson might be the best Rookie WR out of the draft,

McNair and Pollard are both vets and Mcnair will be in good form in a scary Baltimore team.

& When Cedric Benson gets healthy he will split plenty of time with T. Jones (sad to see but he will) & if you didn’t know the Bears schedule is favorable for their RB’s since their schedule has the worst avg. for Run D. Look for Chicago to have a big time running the ball this year.,

If you didn’t know Mike Bell is poised to start in Denver. Every year for a long time Denver has had a 1000 yd rusher and Mike Bell will be another one of those famous Denver breakout backs. (T. Davis,C. Portis, Mike Anderson, O. Gary, T. Bell, Mike Bell?) Don’t Sleep on Mike Bell.

The WR core is pretty average ill give you that, but Ward always produces and gets the bulk of the passes. (hence Randle El’s 2 TD’s last year at #2 WR).

which team is yours jimmyhat? as i recall last year you and I had a pretty fun rivalry

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;187089]which team is yours jimmyhat? as i recall last year you and I had a pretty fun rivalry[/QUOTE]

I’m suprised you have to ask…number 1 of course. The Charlotte 49ers

The only reason you are down on the TD's is because usually these backs have had guys in there to punch it in for them. Sorry but they dont have that this year

Barber still has Jacobs.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;187102]I’m suprised you have to ask…number 1 of course.[/QUOTE]
Ouch you know D. Davis is out for the year.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;187108]Barber still has Jacobs.[/QUOTE]

Yea thats true and he did score 7 TDs last year (I forgot about him), but Barber still was a beast of a fantasy option with 11 Total TDs (9 rush, 2 rec.) and 2,390 yds (1860 rush, 530 rec.). And he only had 1 fumble.

i think whomever has clinton portis needs to get rid of him or their team is gonna suck

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;187113]Ouch you know D. Davis is out for the year.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant the team I rated #1, the Charlotte 49ers.

rofl… for setting up my draft card like 2 weeks ago, and not touching it at all, and not being at the live draft… my team is scary good (assuming d.jax is healthy for the good portion of the year, and since dayne just got picked up).

I also like clt 49ers team, coldplayers team, with bonehugs&harmon 3rd.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;187121]Sorry, I meant the team I rated #1, the Charlotte 49ers.[/QUOTE]

QB is a weakness for you bro, but very nice team. Didn’t notice how good it looked the first time I seen it.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;187065]My Predictions:

1. The Charlotte 49er- By far the best group of starting recievers, great starting RB in LJ and great depth at RB with Dillion, Taylor, Jones and Barber. Only real question mark is Warner and with his weapons he could have a huge year is he stays health, this guy did win 2 MVPS…

2. Anborn Selects- Very good group of WR’s, but a notch below #1 and Jackson is a injury concern. Strong starting RB’s with Alexander and Westbrook, but Westbrook is nicked up and his only back up is Ron Dayne??? That hurts.

3. Bones Hugs and Harmon- Good group of WRs and solid starting RB’s if healthy. Not alot of depth at RB and overall weak bench for a starting line up with some injury issues. Still look for some huge weeks from this group.

4. 3INHALTON- Solid starting RB’s with great depth behind them. Solid, if not spectacular group of WRs. Not sure why anyone needs 3 QBs and only 1 back up WR…This team does seem to lack that big time fantasy scorer, but I think they will be consistant.

5. ColdPlayers- Pretty average WRs and pretty average RBs = pretty average team. Huge years from Barber and Dunn could elevate them, but I worry about the amount of TDs these back will produce. This team has NO bench, so an injury or 2 would send them to the cellar.

6. The Sean Colsons- Solid line up, ok bench. Not enough game breakers, but will benefit from consistancy. Needs another WR.

7. Game Over- The name says it all for this team… Only way they sneak into the top 4 is if Smith,Manning, Brown and Bush have spectacular years. Neg: not much a bench at the skill positions, Pos: a lot of depth at Kicker and Def.

8. HerecomestheRUCKUS- 3 years ago this starting line up wins the league easily. Can these old retreads recapture their past fantasy glory??? Doubt it.

9. Purple Rockets- Some nice peices there, but when 2 of your starters might not play, that hurts. Especially with not a lot of depth to make up for it. A couple of shrewd trades could elevate this team into the top 4 and a playoff berth.

10. Deez Nutz- Gets the nod over En Fuego becuase of Palmer. Nothing else on this team gets me excited. Starting a rookie RB that don’t start = not good.

11. En Fuego- Average WRs + Average RBs + Weak Bench = Weak Team.

12. Hunt Village Killaz- What can I say, this kid loves the Panthers. Jake in the 1st round, Carolina Def in the 2nd and Kasey in the 5th. Recommend name change= “Bye Week”[/QUOTE]

After 2 weeks here are the standings:

1. HereComestheRUCKUS 2-0-0 1.000 187.19 W-2
  2. The Charlotte 49ers 2-0-0 1.000 149.36 W-2
  3. GAME OVER 2-0-0 1.000 142.29 W-2
  4. deeznutz 2-0-0 1.000 135.65 W-2
  5. 3INHALTON 1-1-0 .500 156.48 W-1
  6. Coldplayers 1-1-0 .500 129.91 L-1
  7. Bones Hugs N Harmon 1-1-0 .500 120.44 L-1
  8. Purple Rocket 1-1-0 .500 115.10 W-1
  9. En Fuego 0-2-0 .000 152.83 L-2
  10. Anborn Selects 0-2-0 .000 124.80 L-2
  11. THE SEAN COLSONS 0-2-0 .000 108.20 L-2
  12. Hunt Village Killaz 0-2-0 .000 91.46 L-2

Some big surprises so far with Ruckus, Game Over and deeznutz over achieving so far. Of course the 49ers is really no surprise… 3 and En Fuego having some bad luck, putting up good fanasty numbers against the wrong teams. Hunt Village Killaz setting all kinds of records for fantasy futility averaging less than 46 points a game.