who is left

im trying to get a list together of who is left that we are targeting for 2010. the only guys off the top of my head are justin coleman and anthony thomas. i think coleman is a long shot but would be thrilled if we landed him and thomas is growing on me. have i left anybody out?

There have been a lot of players in the past that we didn’t even know we were recruiting and then popped up one day. There is more that goes on behind the scenes than we typically know.

[B]who is left[/B] ?
Who is right?
Who is right?

All the above…

Come on guys you know how we do it… we’ll pick up someone next June that no one has ever heard of.

Deez Nutz!:tongue:

[QUOTE=EE9er;433828]Come on guys you know how we do it… we’ll pick up someone next June that no one has ever heard of.[/QUOTE]

And we will praise him as the second coming

There have been a lot of players in the past that we didn't even know we were recruiting and then popped up one day. There is more that goes on behind the scenes than we typically know.

This is very true. I’d say about 70 percent of our signees are guys we had no clue we were recruiting. And this includes high level guys, not just juco fill-ins. I know we didn’t know about Bowden till the last second, and didn’t know about Green til about a week or so before we signed him. There are dozens of examples, but it’s late and it’s been a long day so I can’t pull them off the top of my head.

There have been a lot of players in the past that we didn't even know we were recruiting and then popped up one day.
By far, the very best example of this is Chad Kinch, who became a 1st round draft pick after his time at Charlotte.

kinch was ready to go to seton hall if i’m not mistaken, but our run in the nit changed his mind.

It is kinda disappointing after the recruiting year we had last year that we are not already well on our way to having our recruiting year over so we can start on next year’s group. I think most of us thought that after last year that we would have a big summer with recruits, and it has not happen that way. We all go back to years past when we get a couple of JUCO’s at the last minute to fill out the team. That is reason that so many people are asking who is left that we are recruiting as it seems we have lost nearly all of our targets.

Having pulled in some good recruits helps, but we have to put a winning product on the floor. We need something that these kids can look at in recent history to help us stand out from the rest, since we are not in a BCS conference. So, if we do something substantial this year (conference title, bid to the big dance, win a couple tournament games for example) we will see earlier commitments because our name won’t be as irrelevant in the college basketball circles as it is now. We have a golden opportunity over the next couple of years to really turn this thing around, but it is put up or shut up time.