Who operates the camera for online stream?

I don’t know how many times the niners would get a fast break, end with a nice layup or dunk, and I didn’t get to see it…because whoever was operating the camera couldn’t turn the camera fast enough to keep up with the ball.

WTF? It can’t be that hard. Anyone know where I can send complaints?

Atrocious camera work. I highly doubt the person operating it has ever seen a basketball game before. I’m considering keeping the subscription to watch the games but if the camera work is going to be that bad then i’m not going to pay for it

I was pretty pissed too since apparently I pay a monthly fee to see the other side of the court.

You can email AJ Mead at ajmead@uncc.edu. He’s the Media Production Coordinator.

Tom Whitestone tewhites@uncc.edu is the Associate AD for Media Relations.

Brian Judski is the Video Coordinator for Men’s Basketball. His email is bjudski@uncc.edu. This would probably be the best person, but when in doubt, email them all.

Same as last year. Very bad camera work. I was thinking what someone said earlier, that the camera guy has never seen a game. The camera operator didn’t even know where the ball was going to be inbounded. That group has the ability to do better I’m sure.

I think the problem is in the past we didn’t dunk in games so they aren’t used to seeing that! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess this means they won’t have the dunks in the highlights of the game? Email everyone.

Done. I emailed all three of them. Please, I urge all to do the same so we can get this addressed. It was pathetic, really.

Anybody get a reply?

Mead and Judski would be the ones to hit up about this. Whitestone has nothing to do with it. Nothing will change unless they get lots of feedback, so please everyone send a polite email expressing your concern!

Keyword.

Yes, go t a reply from AJ Mead. His response was encouraging:

Reply from Mr. Mead:
"Thank you for the email and your frustration and the frustrations of others will not go unnoticed.

Your dissatisfaction with the game broadcast is something I take very personally and will strive to make better.

I will say all of our camera operators are students wanting to gain experience in game production many of whom have no prior experience behing the camera, this first game provided some challenges for them. Challenges we will address and fix efficiently.

With that said, you pay a fee for the product, deserve the best quality available. I have been happy with the production editions in recent history to our online broadcasts. We will continue to try and get better.

Thank you for your support of the Charlotte 49ers."

I think if things aren’t completely addressed by the next game, it will be significantly better. Still, it will help if everyone who was frustrated by this sends a message of their own.

I was told that the camera operators were “a couple of kids who looked like they’ve never held a camera before.”

AJ does a good job and takes pride in his work. I’d expect to see a dramatic increase in quality on Friday.

[quote=“dmastinsc, post:10, topic:25838”]Yes, go t a reply from AJ Mead. His response was encouraging:

Reply from Mr. Mead:
"Thank you for the email and your frustration and the frustrations of others will not go unnoticed.

Your dissatisfaction with the game broadcast is something I take very personally and will strive to make better.

I will say all of our camera operators are students wanting to gain experience in game production many of whom have no prior experience behing the camera, this first game provided some challenges for them. Challenges we will address and fix efficiently.

With that said, you pay a fee for the product, deserve the best quality available. I have been happy with the production editions in recent history to our online broadcasts. We will continue to try and get better.

Thank you for your support of the Charlotte 49ers."

I think if things aren’t completely addressed by the next game, it will be significantly better. Still, it will help if everyone who was frustrated by this sends a message of their own.[/quote]

I sent an email directly after the game and got a response within an hour. Unfortunately, it was the same exact message.

Nothing wrong with you getting the same response. I’m guessing you sent a similar email…