Who will win the World Series?

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;439399]I agree he plays too cool, but ability wise he is a top 3 2B in baseball right now.

I don’t think he is lazy and his defense has been incredible this season. Also he made a great play on that ball up the middle in the 8th inning of Game 6.

I hate the perception that a guy like Chad Curtis was such a hustler and great team guy, when in fact he was a clubhouse cancer, while a guy like Cano gets ripped when he is good in the club house and is an amazing talent.[/QUOTE]

Wow, chad curtis… you just brought me back 10 years haha. I also want to put it out there we would not have won the division without Swisher… not his stats, but his crazy character.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;439400]The NYY franshise is soo rich, they paid me off to vote in this poll :biggrin:

I really dont think Yanks can lose with the payroll they got. Good luck to both contenders, but the Yanks are like an AllStar team, only they won’t be playing another AllStar team…[/QUOTE]

From top to bottom the Phillies line up matches up very well with the Yankees line up.

This idea that the Yanks are a team full of free agents, while the Phillies are all home grown is BS.

Both teams have a core of farm system guys, a few guys acquired via trade, and then a few free agents.

The difference in payroll is mainly due to when some of these players signed their contracts. Arod, Jeter, Rivera, Damon, and Posada all signed during a time where money was flowing like water. Ibanez would have received much more money if we didn’t hit a recession. Also a guy like Howard doesn’t make a ton because he was just arbitration eligible, but once he is able to sign a real contract he will see Teixeira money. (His current contract bought out his arbitration years). The Phillies core is similar to the Yankees core back in the late 90s, but the Yanks core didn’t get paid until the 2000s.

The Phillies do have more players on their roster that make more than $1 million a year than the Yankees do…

Can they both lose?

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;439366]What players have come out of the Yankees farm system? QUOTE]

Jeter
Mo
Jorge
Petitte
Cano
Melky
Hughes
Joba
Coke
Aceves
Gardner
Robertson
Cervelli
Guzman

14 or the 25 on the World Series roster came from the Yankees farm system. I can’t say anything about the Phillies because I honestly don’t know how many of them came from their system…but that’s pretty frickin good. No they are not all household names…but they all significantly contributed this season and postseason.

Yankees in 6…to 27.

[QUOTE=SWOLE49er;439443]

Jeter
Mo
Jorge
Petitte
Cano
Melky
Hughes
Joba
Coke
Aceves
Gardner
Robertson
Cervelli
Guzman

14 or the 25 on the World Series roster came from the Yankees farm system. I can’t say anything about the Phillies because I honestly don’t know how many of them came from their system…but that’s pretty frickin good. No they are not all household names…but they all significantly contributed this season and postseason.

Yankees in 6…to 27.[/QUOTE]

Read that again and don’t omit the words “elite” or “past ten years”, then answer the question. I’ll give you Cano but that’s it. Jeter, Jorge, and Petitte were over 10 years ago. Yankees fans can’t get mad when someone says “the Yankees buy their teams” but since they run a good business they have the luxury of doing this. Imagine what you guys could do if your farm system was decent…scary.

who said you need elite players to win? that’s the difference in this team compared to the past 9 years…this is a team…a team like in the '90s. yeah we spend money, but would you and the rest of the haters prefer them to make their money and sit on it…not putting it back on to the team? if youre not a Yankees, or sox, or phillies, or angels fan…you are probably a little bitter, hypocritical, and do not understand the game of baseball. oh well…sorry. better luck next year.

jealous too.

That’s your argument as to why the Yankees farm system sucks? Like I said in my previous post, I don’t blame the Yankees for spending their money because that’s one of their strengths. If they want to get back to their golden days, they need to scout talent a little better rather than signing everyone through free agency. Get 2002 back in here, at least he can come up with an argument that has valid points.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;439472]That’s your argument as to why the Yankees farm system sucks? Like I said in my previous post, I don’t blame the Yankees for spending their money because that’s one of their strengths. If they want to get back to their golden days, they need to scout talent a little better rather than signing everyone through free agency. Get 2002 back in here, at least he can come up with an argument that has valid points.[/QUOTE]

The Yankees farm system isn’t that bad. In the past few years it has brought in Cano, Chamberlain, Hughes, Wang (kind of), Coke, and Roberston.

Cervelli seems like a nice backup as do Gardner and Melky.

The system hasn’t pushed out the Jeters, Riveras, Posadas, or Bernie Williams like it once did, but that could be said about any farm system.

The Yankees have some arms and a few major prospects in the minors now including Austin Jackson.

The signing of Mike Mussina changed how they Yankees did things, they mortgaged the future to try to win now. They spent their money poorly on players past their primes.

Starting with not trading for Johan Santana and signing free agents in the primes, the Yankees have made a full shift from the problems they had in the early to mid 2000s.

I called the Phillies since the playoffs started… it’s gonna happen!

Something reading that discusses our arguments:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtBRvs_4mgAmidx267bVwFQ5nYcB?slug=ti-wsmatchups102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/12430806

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;439489]Something reading that discusses our arguments:

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtBRvs_4mgAmidx267bVwFQ5nYcB?slug=ti-wsmatchups102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns[/URL]

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/12430806[/URL][/QUOTE]

OT - I love reading the comments where people bitch about no salary cap. These are the same people that bitch saying Obama is turning our country into the USSA.

[QUOTE=NewYorkNiner;439405]Ya know i was listening to The Herd with Coward earlier this week and he brought up an interesting point. The reason why teams spend more is because they care more… the yankees, the red sox, the mets, the phillies etc. And not just in pro sports. Look the USC’s, the Alabama’s, and Oklahoma’s. They spend the money because the want to (and can afford to) The teams care more because the fans care more.[/QUOTE]

Care more about what? Winning?

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Regardless if you’re a fan of either of these teams, a baseball fan, a sports enthusiast, or all of the above, we MUST join forces to stop one person…TIM MCCARVER. If you have tuned into a Fox broadcast, he makes it so unbearable to watch and listen…that you either put him on mute or just turn the f’er off. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Join the facebook group below and let’s remove this idiot from the booth for good![/FONT][/COLOR]

[URL]http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#/group.php?gid=2213496080[/URL]