Who will win the World Series?

[SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]New York Yankees[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][COLOR=black]or[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B]Philadelphia Phillies[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Phuck the yanks.

PHILLIES!

I hate the Yankees, but I think they will win in six.

Yankees in 6, but I am not biased or anything.

Phillies, just because I want to hear the excuses from Yankees fans. They shouldn’t have any this year.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;439350]Phillies, just because I want to hear the excuses from Yankees fans. They shouldn’t have any this year.[/QUOTE]

Cliff Lee
CC Sabathia

That has to hurt for you.

I am just glad that this signals the end of baseball season.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;439353]I am just glad that this signals the end of baseball season.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I’m hoping for a 4 game sweep so it ends even quicker.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;439351]Cliff Lee
CC Sabathia

That has to hurt for you.[/QUOTE]

Being a fan of the indians this hurts me. Farm until you have good product and then trade it away for more prospects…

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;439351]Cliff Lee
CC Sabathia

That has to hurt for you.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Every Indians fan knew it was going to happen eventually. We had our shot in '07. I would say more than anything, it speaks volumes about our farm system. What elite players have come out of the Yankees farm system in the past ten years? Any bets on the over/under how many times they will play Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind” during the WS?

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;439353]I am just glad that this signals the end of baseball season.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Niner National;439355]Me too. I’m hoping for a 4 game sweep so it ends even quicker.[/QUOTE]

Commies!!

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;439366]Not really. Every Indians fan knew it was going to happen eventually. We had our shot in '07. I would say more than anything, it speaks volumes about our farm system. What elite players have come out of the Yankees farm system in the past ten years? Any bets on the over/under how many times they will play Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind” during the WS?[/QUOTE]

Robinson Cano is a pretty damn good player.

I would say over 30, I mean Jay-Z is even performing it before Game 1. When would you ever think a rapper would perform before a baseball game, how times have changed.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;439369]Commies!![/QUOTE]

OK, I know this was in jest, but I have to say even people who love the game don’t like seeing it played in November in the Northeast. Hell, I bleed green and I don’t like watching the Niners play in Feb. Rooting against them and their a-hole owner, but Yankees will win IMO

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;439371]Robinson Cano is a pretty damn good player.

I would say over 30, I mean Jay-Z is even performing it before Game 1. When would you ever think a rapper would perform before a baseball game, how times have changed.[/QUOTE]

Cano is a bum!!! Id rather have Pat Kelly or Chuch Knoblach back at 2nd base!

Id expect that answer… what is with your guys’ hatred towards baseball? It must be a southern thing

[QUOTE=NewYorkNiner;439393]Cano is a bum!!! Id rather have Pat Kelly or Chuch Knoblach back at 2nd base![/QUOTE]

Do you even watch baseball?

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;439396]Do you even watch baseball?[/QUOTE]

I am a die-hard yankee fan and I am not a Cano fan AT ALL… im sick of his lazy, non shelant plays at 2nd and hit streaky hitting… yes hes come up with SOME timely hits this postseason but costly errors at well.

[QUOTE=NewYorkNiner;439398]I am a die-hard yankee fan and I am not a Cano fan AT ALL… im sick of his lazy, non shelant plays at 2nd and hit streaky hitting… yes hes come up with SOME timely hits this postseason but costly errors at well.[/QUOTE]

I agree he plays too cool, but ability wise he is a top 3 2B in baseball right now.

I don’t think he is lazy and his defense has been incredible this season. Also he made a great play on that ball up the middle in the 8th inning of Game 6.

I hate the perception that a guy like Chad Curtis was such a hustler and great team guy, when in fact he was a clubhouse cancer, while a guy like Cano gets ripped when he is good in the club house and is an amazing talent.

The NYY franshise is soo rich, they paid me off to vote in this poll :biggrin:

I really dont think Yanks can lose with the payroll they got. Good luck to both contenders, but the Yanks are like an AllStar team, only they won’t be playing another AllStar team…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;439400]The NYY franshise is soo rich, they paid me off to vote in this poll :biggrin:

I really dont think Yanks can lose with the payroll they got. Good luck to both contenders, but the Yanks are like an AllStar team, only they won’t be playing another AllStar team…[/QUOTE]

Ya know i was listening to The Herd with Coward earlier this week and he brought up an interesting point. The reason why teams spend more is because they care more… the yankees, the red sox, the mets, the phillies etc. And not just in pro sports. Look the USC’s, the Alabama’s, and Oklahoma’s. They spend the money because the want to (and can afford to) The teams care more because the fans care more.