• Withers bobbles entry pass on the blocks
  • Basden throws away entry pass to Withers
  • Goldwire entry pass stolen
  • Plav entry pass stolen
  • Withers - 2 Traveling calls
  • Iti - 2 Quick fouls

THIS WAS ALL IN THE FIRST HALF!

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet!

Wow, those 6-17 nights are really great ones.

WE sucked tonight, the whole team (save Nance) played like garbage. Plav shot 6-17, that is not good. He missed 11 shots from behind the arc.

No way we should have gotten abused down low tonight, our players were sloppy, but we had a 10 point lead when we played the inside out game. We started jacking up 3s and lost the lead. Your theory is not that great, but whatever, sure the 3 ball saved us once again.

I agree. Plav should never shoot 17 3ptrs. But nobody down low did anything, and even when we tried to feed the post, we would turn the ball over.

It looked like we forced 3’s because at least we got to take a shot at the rim (look at how many turnovers & missed opportunities when we did feed the post).

No excuse for it…you’re right…but none of our post players showed up…thus we had to shoot the 3.

I don’t like it either…call it lazy…call it lack of execution…but our perimeter guys were basically left with few options with no help in the post.

I think it also adds to the frustrations when you play a team like Indiana and you see them pull off so many beautiful sets. They really made it look easy at times with their offensive execution. Seeing them get easy backdoors just adds insult to injury when we’re jacking up bad 3’s. But that’s Indiana ball…good fundamentals and good execution.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 12:08 AM [b] I agree. Plav should never shoot 17 3ptrs. But nobody down low did anything, and even when we tried to feed the post, we would turn the ball over.

It looked like we forced 3’s because at least we got to take a shot at the rim (look at how many turnovers & missed opportunities when we did feed the post).

No excuse for it…you’re right…but none of our post players showed up…thus we had to shoot the 3.

I don’t like it either…call it lazy…call it lack of execution…but our perimeter guys were basically left with few options with no help in the post. [/b]

[b]even when we tried to feed the post[/b]

We tried to feed the post?

We are the first team to give up 70 points to IU. Our defense sucks.

Agreed…about our Defense sucking.

But yes we did feed the post. All of my 1st post shows all of the miscues in the 1st half alone when we tried to feed the post. ALSO, our first 5 possesions in the 2nd half fed the post.

My point is that tonight none of our post players, except for Nance, showed up. That’s why we had to jack up so many bad 3’s…and why we gave up 70pts to Indiana…and why we didn’t outrebound a horrible rebounding team.

Our post players let us down tonight…but we got lucky and won.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 12:29 AM [b] Agreed...about our Defense sucking.

But yes we did feed the post. All of my 1st post shows all of the miscues in the 1st half alone when we tried to feed the post. ALSO, our first 5 possesions in the 2nd half fed the post.

My point is that tonight none of our post players, except for Nance, showed up. That’s why we had to jack up so many bad 3’s…and why we gave up 70pts to Indiana…and why we didn’t outrebound a horrible rebounding team.

Our post players let us down tonight…but we got lucky and won. [/b]

KClown Drunky.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 12:29 AM [b] Our post players let us down tonight...but we got lucky and won. [/b]
So did our perimeter players.
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Dec 23 2004, 01:32 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Dec 23 2004, 01:32 AM)

Regardless of what people think on this board, it’s really not going to matter, we are all better coaches than Lutz, it’s a fact, this is why we are behind the computer screen and he calls the plays, either accept the way we play learn to live for Niner basketball whether we shoot 0-30 from 3’s or 20-20 from 3’s, it’s not about that, it’s about the win. I can hear the replies already “But we were lucky” or “The next time”, it’s not about that, our team went into a hostile environment (11,000+) and came away with a win, period. If you want to be a better coach, start with a “Y” team, go to coach high school and we’ll all be able to make it big as a college coach.

No matter what Indiana fans say about their team they are very well coached. They ran their offense very well and were able to get a ton of easy baskets off of it. The problem is they may have too mcu talent to run that type of offense a very NC State O, bu talso you must remembr other than Bracey Wright, the whole team is freshman and sophmores, they are young. They showed a stat on ESPN and all the top teams have the most upperclassmen, its just simple logic.

Indiana played hard and could have easily won the game, but for the games we easily could have won that we lost a half court shot saves us fo rnow.

LETS GO NINERS

#1 on sportcenter

Why do some posters always deflect ALL criticism away from the coaches? Let’s face it, at some point in time some blame for our offense, defense, and overall program reflect directly on the coaching staff. Last night 30 of our 66 field goal attempts for 3 pts. That doesn’t even take into account how many of the 36 2 pts were a result of offensive rebounds from the missed 3’s. It’s absolutely ridiculous that 50% of our offense is oriented around shooting 3 ptrs. We have ZERO discipline and haven’t for at least the past 3 years. Many of us wanted to blame that on Demon, but it’s the same year over year. I think some people need to reevaluate the pedestal they place Lutz on and understand his current limitations as our coach. Under Lutz we will never be a disciplined team and I’m almost resigned to the fact that we will rarely play to our full potential with any regularity. The Niners are starting to remind me of the Cubs in how they let me down each year also.

Chicago