2008 Princeton Review, 366 Best Colleges

from the state of NC:

NCSU
UNCA
UNC CH
UNCG
UNCP
UNCW

I thought this was probably wrong, so I checked the Charlotte wikipedia page and it confirms that you guys arenā€™t ranked. Donā€™t blast meā€¦blast the Princeton Reviewā€¦

Princeton Review:[LIST]
[]2008 Best 366 Colleges Ranking. NR.[8]
[
]2008 Best Southeastern Colleges. NR[/LIST][LIST]
[]U.S. News & World Report:[LIST]
[
]Americaā€™s Best Colleges 2008-National Universities: Tier Four.[10]
[]Americaā€™s Best Colleges 2007- Cheapest (Most affordable) public schools.[11] [COLOR=Red]9th [/COLOR]in the state of North Carolina and 98th in the U.S.A.
[
]Top 10 public regional undergraduate universities in the South.[2] (2006)[/LIST] [/LIST]

Didnā€™t we opt out of the Princeton Review for some odd reason? I vaguely remember this being discussed in the mid-to-late recent past

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;311738]Didnā€™t we opt out of the Princeton Review for some odd reason? I vaguely remember this being discussed in the mid-to-late recent past[/QUOTE]

Yep, I remember a thread long ago where we were all pissed off because our school chose not to provide our info to some of these rankings. Anyone have the quote from our Chancellor on these rankings??? I remember he was saying the rankings were flawed and we didnā€™t submit our info. Very stupid on our part.

Look what happens. We get folks from UNCG over here throwing this crap in our face. Another reason the people that run this University suck.

UNCG wasnā€™t even an option for meā€¦why go somewhere with poopy basketball and suffer through getting beat by 20 to davidson when you can come to charlotte and beat davidson by 9.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;311727]Haha, Greensboro was my back up school.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;311730]Ditto. They were option #4.[/QUOTE]

got you guys beat, I got a postcard in the amil saying I was acceptedā€¦I never applied, yet I was accepted.

Wilbon and baldy are both tools, hardly know what they are talking about when its not NBA or some other ridiculous excuse for sport. We should have NO reason to sweat UNCG. This university is in prime position to take advantage of the area around it, but I agree we need a stronger leader to bolster the image, and heck even make a few bullheaded statements from time to time. Iā€™m not saying get rid of doctor phil, but maybe we need some kind of public relations go between, perhaps a respected alumnus (not maxwell, the guy is a goof, canā€™t believe someone with his demeanor was an MVP, he has all the mannerisms of a middle school student on pacman.)

I completely disagree with any negative sentiment towards Wilbon. He has always been an advocate of non-BCS schools at PTI and in print. Heā€™s on record saying heā€™s disappointed that there isnā€™t a Cinderella in the Final Four. The issue is our name, and this is going to happen until we get our name changed. And LOL at the UNCG fan.

I was pretty pissed at Wilbon, but he did seem pretty doggone apologetic yesterday. I refuse to believe he maliciously called us UNCG; itā€™s Realiā€™s fault for not correcting him, and itā€™s our fault for not CHANGING THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL.

That said, I enjoy PTI. They entertain me.

I'll be the niner nation statboy and correct this error:

2008 Princeton Review, 366 Best Colleges

from the state of NC:

NCSU
UNCA
UNC CH
UNCG
UNCP
UNCW

I thought this was probably wrong, so I checked the Charlotte wikipedia page and it confirms that you guys arenā€™t ranked. Donā€™t blast meā€¦blast the Princeton Reviewā€¦

Princeton Review:
[LIST]
[]2008 Best 366 Colleges Ranking. NR.[8]
[
]2008 Best Southeastern Colleges. NR[/LIST][LIST]
[]U.S. News & World Report:[LIST]
[
]Americaā€™s Best Colleges 2008-National Universities: Tier Four.[10]
[]Americaā€™s Best Colleges 2007- Cheapest (Most affordable) public schools.[11[COLOR=black]][/COLOR][COLOR=black]9th[/COLOR]in the state of North Carolina and 98th in the U.S.A.
[
]Top 10 public regional undergraduate universities in the South.[2] (2006)[/LIST]
[/LIST]

Is this a joke? Y[SIZE=2]ouā€™re bragging about the fact that your school is a [/SIZE][SIZE=4]tier four [/SIZE][SIZE=2]school?[/SIZE]

And then youā€™re bragging about the fact that you are the [SIZE=4]98th cheapest school in the nation?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Well then, congratu-****ing-lations.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If you seriously took issue with the fact that Charlotte is academically superior to your menial school, and then rushed to a school ranking list to which Charlotte didnā€™t even submit dataā€¦youā€™re a tool. Hereā€™s breaking news for ya, buddy. A degree from Charlotteā€™s Belk College of Business blows any ā€œUNCGā€ degree out of the water. The Architecture program is among the finest in the state, and kids are trasferring from NC State to pursue engineering degrees here. Now go back to pursuing your music degree at your tier four school. What a joke.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=gotLutz;311887]ā€¦and kids are trasferring from NC State to pursue engineering degrees here. Now go back to pursuing your music degree at your tier four school. What a joke.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

NC State was my safety schoolā€¦ :biggrin:

Oh and for the record, my wife was a music major at Charlotteā€¦

Is this a joke? Y[SIZE=2]ou're bragging about the fact that your school is a [/SIZE][SIZE=4]tier four [/SIZE][SIZE=2]school?[/SIZE]

And then youā€™re bragging about the fact that you are the [SIZE=4]98th cheapest school in the nation?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Well then, congratu-****ing-lations.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If you seriously took issue with the fact that Charlotte is academically superior to your menial school, and then rushed to a school ranking list to which Charlotte didnā€™t even submit dataā€¦youā€™re a tool. Hereā€™s breaking news for ya, buddy. A degree from Charlotteā€™s Belk College of Business blows any ā€œUNCGā€ degree out of the water. [/SIZE]

Obviously, reading comprehension isnā€™t stressed at UNCC. Itā€™s your schoolā€¦from your Wikipedia pageā€¦that is tier fourā€¦and your school that is 98th cheapest. These #'s come from a survey that you DIDNā€™T opt out of.

Itā€™s funny that Iā€™m accused of taking issue with someoneā€™s opinion that Charlotte is academically superior. Everyone that has responded to me has taken issue with the fact that UNCG is superiorā€¦and I have #'s that have proven it.

But donā€™t worry, your opinion that a UNCC degree is better will do wonders for future gradsā€¦surely much more than any national ranking could do.

And as far as having a safety school when applying to Charlotte? Why would you need one? Now thatā€™s hilarious.

I know it upsets you guys that you are confused with the other UNC schools, but you just need to accept the fact that you are a tier four university, so you can continue to expect to be treated as such.

UNCG wasn't even an option for me...why go somewhere with poopy basketball and suffer through getting beat by 20 to davidson when you can come to charlotte and beat davidson by 9.

Yet again proving your Tier Four status.

So, I live in Greensboro. And I used to frequent campus a lot, and of course, when someone told me about that stupid clock structure and not graduating on time, I boldly laughed and walked through it.

Lo-and-behold, Iā€™m graduating a semester late this December.

When it comes to this silly argument, both schools are about the same, I would take Charlotteā€™s Business, Engineering, and Architecture any day of the week to be better than theirs, however, their arts are much stronger and they have a better girl to guy ratio.

Considering this all started on a sports show, there never should never be any confusion or doubt as to which school is better all around in Athletics.

You realize that UNCG is considered fourth tier by U.S. News too, right? Not sure why you would then choose to wield that subjective classification as a putdown. So according to your logic, since youā€™ve placed so much faith into ā€œUS News and World Reportā€™sā€ opinion, you should accept the fact that Base&SoftballFan8 is, in all probability, your intellectual equal.

Guys, I didnā€™t come on this site to flame. I enjoy reading your boards b/c your fans put ours to shame. Like all of you, I am a loyal fan of the school from which I hold 2 degrees and like you, I donā€™t like it when others completely disrespect my alma mater. That is what you guys were doing early in this threadā€¦and you have the right to do it, itā€™s your board. I just wanted to point out that UNCG is a good school.

I wish our fans (what few of us there are) had the fierce loyalty of Charlotte fans. There is no doubt that you guys are way ahead of us in basketball. We do have 1st class soccer and our baseball is usually goodā€¦but Iā€™ve accepted that UNCG is a small school and I enjoy that aspect of it. You guys are striving for that next level in basketball (and football, for that matter) and I wish you luck.

And yes, I realize we are fourth tier. But one of your posters was laughing at 4th tierā€¦so I had to point out that I was referring to your school when I posted that.

[QUOTE=GSOSpartan;312002]Guys, I didnā€™t come on this site to flame.

I just wanted to point out that UNCG is a good school.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Huh.

Obviously, reading comprehension isn't stressed at UNCC. It's your school...from your Wikipedia page...that is tier four...and your school that is 98th cheapest. These #'s come from a survey that you DIDN'T opt out of.

Itā€™s funny that Iā€™m accused of taking issue with someoneā€™s opinion that Charlotte is academically superior. Everyone that has responded to me has taken issue with the fact that UNCG is superiorā€¦and I have #'s that have proven it.

But donā€™t worry, your opinion that a UNCC degree is better will do wonders for future gradsā€¦surely much more than any national ranking could do.

And as far as having a safety school when applying to Charlotte? Why would you need one? Now thatā€™s hilarious.

I know it upsets you guys that you are confused with the other UNC schools, but you just need to accept the fact that you are a tier four university, so you can continue to expect to be treated as such.

A lack of reading comprehension doesnā€™t get you two degrees, job offers at Merrill Lynch and the Pentagon, and scholarships to top law schools around the nation. Your original post is as concise as a first-grader. Learn how to write properly.

Guys, I didn't come on this site to flame. I enjoy reading your boards b/c your fans put ours to shame. Like all of you, I am a loyal fan of the school from which I hold 2 degrees and like you, I don't like it when others completely disrespect my alma mater. That is what you guys were doing early in this thread....and you have the right to do it, it's your board. I just wanted to point out that UNCG is a good school.

Who disputed the fact that UNCG is a good school? We dispute the fact that UNCG is a better school. Thatā€™s complete nonsense. Again, feel free to dispute the fact that any of your business, architecture or engineering degrees are remotely equivalent to a Charlotte degree. Feel free to reply after band practice.