Wingate Exhibition Postgame

There are definitely some mistakes being made (which should be addressed) but any AD who can get a school into an FBS conference without playing a down of football, deserves more respect than that.

I place the blame squarely on Judy. C’mon, name one other program that would schedule a football game and a men’s basketball game to be on at the same time. Just more proof that she’s out to sabotage men’s sports. As long as Judy is our AD, we will always be M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.[/quote]

I can’t take much more of these M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E comments. For God’s sake get a grip on yourself.

I place the blame squarely on Judy. C’mon, name one other program that would schedule a football game and a men’s basketball game to be on at the same time. Just more proof that she’s out to sabotage men’s sports. As long as Judy is our AD, we will always be M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.[/quote]

I can’t take much more of these M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E comments. For God’s sake get a grip on yourself.[/quote]

I am pretty sure that was jokes. Jokes.

It is really hard to tell around here anymore especially with some of the stuff people complain about in a serious manner.

I hadn’t thought about it before but Mayfield is a good comparison for Lester. They are similar players. I believe Mayfield also played PG in HS and was recruited as such at UGA. I believe Lester has a higher ceiling on his 3 point shooting though. He should be able to shoot over defenders at ease. It’s just a matter if he will shoot them at a high clip or not.

Whether he fills the role of back up PG or not, I don’t think we need him to. I think Ingram fills that role adequately. But Lester can certainly be used to help break a press.

I hadn’t thought about it before but Mayfield is a good comparison for Lester. They are similar players. I believe Mayfield also played PG in HS and was recruited as such at UGA. I believe Lester has a higher ceiling on his 3 point shooting though. He should be able to shoot over defenders at ease. It’s just a matter if he will shoot them at a high clip or not.

Whether he fills the role of back up PG or not, I don’t think we need him to. I think Ingram fills that role adequately. But Lester can certainly be used to help break a press.[/quote]Lester’s shot absolutely looks better than Mayfield’s line drive of a shot. I think in time he’ll become a respectable long range threat.

Whether he fills the role of back up PG or not, I don’t think we need him to. I think Ingram fills that role adequately. But Lester can certainly be used to help break a press.[/quote]Lester’s shot absolutely looks better than Mayfield’s line drive of a shot. I think in time he’ll become a respectable long range threat.[/quote]

Yes it does. It puzzles me why he shot at a low clip in HS. He’s got great form. I blame it partly on being asked to do more scoring in HS and he hopefully won’t have to do that on the collegiate level.

It is really hard to tell around here anymore especially with some of the stuff people complain about in a serious manner.[/quote]

Yeah, I seem to be having trouble lately with my extremely tongue-in-cheek comments being taken seriously. In my mind, they always sound too absurd to be taken seriously, but then again I’m pretty sure every statement in my post has at some point been written somewhere on the interwebs by metro.

Whether he fills the role of back up PG or not, I don’t think we need him to. I think Ingram fills that role adequately. But Lester can certainly be used to help break a press.[/quote]Lester’s shot absolutely looks better than Mayfield’s line drive of a shot. I think in time he’ll become a respectable long range threat.[/quote]

Judging from what I saw online, I agree with this.

Lester seemed about what I had expected. Thorne played better. I hope they can play as well against better teams. If so, we’ll be ok as long as we don’t get in foul trouble or have any injuries or have anyone leave the team.

It is really hard to tell around here anymore especially with some of the stuff people complain about in a serious manner.[/quote]

Yeah, I seem to be having trouble lately with my extremely tongue-in-cheek comments being taken seriously. In my mind, they always sound too absurd to be taken seriously, but then again I’m pretty sure every statement in my post has at some point been written somewhere on the interwebs by metro.[/quote]

clt says just do not become a gimmick poster.

Yeah, I seem to be having trouble lately with my extremely tongue-in-cheek comments being taken seriously. In my mind, they always sound too absurd to be taken seriously, but then again I’m pretty sure every statement in my post has at some point been written somewhere on the interwebs by metro.[/quote]

[quote=“cltniners, post:50, topic:28359”][size=2]
[font=Verdana]clt says just do not become a gimmick poster.[/font]
[/size][/quote]

:))

So, are you saying we would have had twice the number of fans there?

I’m stunned we had as many people there as we did… Exhibition games are typically awful, that coupled with a real football game on TV made it an easy choice.