Winthrop Rebrand, one more school that gets it

great video of Winthrop President saying 3 years ago he got here and made no sense why there were multiple colors and logos.

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/education/winthrop-news/article201539024.html

Since 1992, the university has used logos in the school colors, garnet and gold, and in blue and white, signifying the Blue Line tradition, Price said.

“It feels a little bit disjointed,” she said.

Winthrop President Dan Mahony said the new logo brings a more cohesive look to the campus and university as a whole.

Wishful thinking, but it would be nice if the new AD could change up our athletics logo. It’s become dated. Looks very late 90s early 2000s. I would prefer just Charlotte and 49ers. No more c pick logos.

Not just the athletic logos. The UNC Charlotte crown aka “Risen Jesus” has been long past needing replaced!

I’ve hated that crown logo for a long time.

The whole school needs a top down rebrand with the name change.

I have a lot of crap with the C-pick on it so I’d rather not have to buy new stuff.

The C-pick logo on its own is the best logo we’ve ever had for athletics. We need to be putting it on everything, including our helmets. If you’re referring to the C-49ers logo, then I agree it’s a bit busy. Many of the graphic design folks on here have said the logo needs a refresh/modernization, but scrapping it altogether is not a good idea.

I wouldn’t mind a simplified C-pick. We don’t need a four color logo.