WKU alum Courtney Lee newest Hornet

Hornets land Memphis SG (and former WKU player and 2008 Sun Belt POY) Courtney Lee in 3 team trade that sends Brian Roberts to Miami and P.J. Hairston to Grizzlies.

CBSSports.com: Hornets get better by landing Courtney Lee in three-team trade

Really like the pickup. They needed to get rid of PJ and B Rob is expendable. They get a guy who can at least defend the perimeter, now that MKG is out for the season.

Very good deal

I like this pick up, veteran that plays solid defense and can add some points here and there.

Unfortunately this team has been unable to realize it’s full potential due to injuries. If they had stayed healthy, they would be right there with Toronto for the 2 spot in the East.

Great move. Now we are in the talks for Dwight Howard. I haven’t been a Howard fan since that first run with Orlando, but if we want to compete I think it would be good.

[quote=“Ben H, post:5, topic:30183”]Great move. Now we are in the talks for Dwight Howard. I haven’t been a Howard fan since that first run with Orlando, but if we want to compete I think it would be good.[/quote]All depends on how Cliffford and Howard work together.

Really like the move. The writing has been on the wall for Hairston since the offseason. Flipping him and two seconds for a guy like Lee is a nice move. A 3 and D guy like Lee is exactly what half the league is looking for right now.

And we should run as far as we can away from Howard. He overpaid, a total locker room cancer, and is on the back end of his career. Thats before you even get in the the fact that his style of play is the exact opposite of what we’ve ran this year. Some stupid GM is gonna overpay for him, i just hope its not us.

[quote=“casstommy, post:7, topic:30183”]Really like the move. The writing has been on the wall for Hairston since the offseason. Flipping him and two seconds for a guy like Lee is a nice move. A 3 and D guy like Lee is exactly what half the league is looking for right now.

And we should run as far as we can away from Howard. He overpaid, a total locker room cancer, and is on the back end of his career. Thats before you even get in the the fact that his style of play is the exact opposite of what we’ve ran this year. Some stupid GM is gonna overpay for him, i just hope its not us.[/quote]

clt says stupid GM? Jordan is a stupid owner.