WKU Away Game 1-18-20 5:00 Tip

These announcers are not very neutral

Baffling how much worse we are in the second half of games.

WKU is just better. Beatable, but they’re better than us. Numbers didn’t lie coming into this game.

The team looked really bad in the 2nd half on both sides of the floor.

Shepherd with 7 turnovers.

Didn’t see many positives in the loss. Young was solid as usual and Brice Williams looked smooth and comfortable on offense.

Robb had a rough outing with missed layups and fouling a three point shooter.

Supica played early and did nothing. Don’t recall seeing him in the second half.

Cannot win with Shepherd having 7 turnovers. Many of them looked unforced.

WKU was much quicker than us. Best team we have played this year.

Hopefully we can right the ship on Monday.

Numbers from Bart Torvik had us as the better team coming in so I don’t think we should be so quick to overreact to one game on the road with horrid officiating.

1 Like

Exactly…wku got help from refs all game, caught fire in second half…we went cold…but dont overreact. We can beat that team as often as they’d beat us.

1 Like

I don’t agree. I think we were on the verge of blowing them out in the first half. Refs shook us and we fell apart. B

1 Like

#22 was good tonight.
Why was Vasic in there most of the 2nd half?

I’m glad Vasic & Williams are getting more minutes. Both look to be very talented they just need minutes to get in the flow of the game. Vasic didn’t look great today but we will need him & Williams down the stretch. As bad as things looked it’s still just 1 loss. Pick up a win at ODU & we’re still in good shape

Exactly!!! Refs helped change the momentum and what happens ( especially an inexperienced team with players still learning each other) is the basket gets smaller and players are scared to even touch the offensive player. Ref bias or not it was in their minds. Great teams ( which we are not yet) fight through it. I’m with Sanchez in it’s a learning moment . Great to see Bryce contributing as we will need him to complete a great season. This is just a small bump in the road. Not in the least bit discouraged

1 Like

well said, 73. we can win this league. i’m less discouraged(although we played like crap at end of 1st half) but i’m pissed because i think we are the better team. we have to be mentally stronger and not let things snowball. team fought hard but too many missed layups and fouls on the rebound was about a 12 point swing. we beat ourselves in the first half, the refs beat us in the second half. ditto about brice. he is talented. we have some talented freshmen.

Wow.

So funny how we are now getting this pissed at a road loss with Sanchez’ 2nd year team still full of Freshmen, Sophomores and hole plugging grad transfers.

We are not supposed to contend for the league title this year. The league is bad but we are far from the team that should be winning it. That said…it’s fun to be in a top position…but let’s not kid ourselves. 15 wins was going to be a great accomplishment this year…and it still will be.

This year…we are unexpectedly in a tie for 1st place 5 games into the Conference season. We’re playing with house money. Enjoy the unexpected level of success and see where it goes…no need to pretend we were preseason conference favorites with an expectation to win every game. We were picked 12th I believe (which was an insult…but there was a reason for it)…we’re tied for 1st. This was a road loss to a good team.

Let’s not be too crazy about expectations yet…next year maybe.

fair points but expectations change when you see what we’re working with. i’m not certain how good we are yet but i think we are at least a pretty good team. we are gaining high expectations for this team bc we have seen what we can do, especially on defense and when we do not perform to that level(which despite the officials, we played good defense for the first half of the first half), we are disapointed.

Exactly right 55

Way too many excuses saying the refs cost us this game. Green tinted glasses and all, I get it, but that doesn’t account for the great adjustments WKU made in the last 4 minutes of the first half and through the 2 half. It’s becoming clear we struggle when the opponent puts the ball on the floor and insists on getting to the basket. That’s exactly what they did for 24 minutes.

We got outplayed, the refs helped a little, and we had no answer for anything.

don’t get me wrong, sanchez needs to chew our guys out for the missed layups, anger fouls after the missed layups, subpar defense, especually in transition. there is a tooooooon to fix but the refs took the game away from us, which i think despite our subpar play, we could have won anyways.

1 Like

Dmastin, refs definitely controlled the flow of this game. I’m not giving WKU that much credit. Pretty easy to establish momentum when 80%+calls go your way.

2 Likes

Exactly right. Some people just like to CLAIM they are “just being objective” when in fact they may just be wrong.

When ur taking baby steps, sometimes you loae balance and fall. But if you keep getting up and going again, you get where ur going and get better at it !