Women beat Xavier for 20th straight

Wow!!! What a game. Niners were down 30-10 and came back to win. Game winner with 2 seconds left. Great crowd. Those women can play!

Story: [URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/011407aaa.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/011407aaa.html[/URL]

TOLD YOU. all you guys who say that women’s basketball isn’t exciting haven’t watched our women play. it is full of energy.

OT: Erin Floyd suffered some kind of head injury during the game. ( I THINK!)

That game was particularly exciting too. A lot of those 20 straight wins were blowouts. That’s as close as we’ve come to losing in Halton in a while.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;210795]Wow!!! What a game. Niners were down 30-10 and came back to win. Game winner with 2 seconds left. Great crowd. Those women can play![/QUOTE]

Yes, it was a great game!

GO NINERS!

Couldnt agree more, HELL OF A GAME LADIES!!!

[QUOTE=the daxified one;210796]TOLD YOU. all you guys who say that women’s basketball isn’t exciting haven’t watched our women play. it is full of energy.[/QUOTE]

I was very impressed with their play. Tracy Ray is fun to watch. She doesn’t back down a bit. Stywalt is a great player. Freshman from Vance? Burgin dominated down the stretch and they fed her perfectly.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;210796]OT: Erin Floyd suffered some kind of head injury during the game. ( I THINK!)[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a broken rib the way that girl cleared her our with the elbow. I was surprised Coach Butler didn’t go nuts on that one. I like her style, though. :dribble:

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;210806]I was very impressed with their play. Tracy Ray is fun to watch. She doesn’t back down a bit. Stywalt is a great player. Freshman from Vance? Burgin dominated down the stretch and they fed her perfectly.[/QUOTE]
I guess Whitney Hoey is still starting because Traci is getting over her rolled ankle, but Traci sees the floor 10x better. She’s a great point guard. Stywalt is indeed out of Vance - last year when we (J.M. Robinson) played Vance at home she had about 34 points - I think we as a team scored 36.

[QUOTE]I thought it was a broken rib the way that girl cleared her our with the elbow. I was surprised Coach Butler didn’t go nuts on that one. I like her style, though. :dribble:[/QUOTE]
You’re not gonna see Butler go nuts very much. She was working on a technical when the girl from X called time while rolling around on the floor and in no way controlling the ball. In the six years I’ve been going to women’s games I don’t think the coach (Meier or Butler) has ever been T’d up.

meier got t’d up once against if i remember correctly stats because we were all like WTF?!?

lefty i was talking to one of the team managers after the game and he said it was more than likely a head injury the way she fell her body whipped her head to hit the floor.

Lady Niners were too tough at home. The 6th man was really into it. Sabrina gave me the flash back of Galen ; Danielle reminded me of Demarco Johnson and Traci with the excitement of Diego and the nice touch of Sean Colson. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend Sunday afternoon. Way to go Lady Niners !

It was well worth the drive south today to see the game. This game will be valuable later on.

about how many fans were on hand today?

The lower bowl from bench to bench was pretty much full, and the endzone on the Charlotte bench side (110-112) probably half to three-quarters full. It was a really big crowd for a standalone women’s game.

The most exciting game I’ve seen in Halton in a while.

[QUOTE=CMack124;210851]The most exciting game I’ve seen in Halton in a while.[/QUOTE]
Certainly gets my vote!

[QUOTE=CMack124;210851]The most exciting game I’ve seen in Halton in a while.[/QUOTE]
No doubt. When we were getting assualted in the first half I looked at my dad (who attends most games with me) and said, “You know, it really sucks that they get this huge crowd of men’s season ticket holders out here for a big game and we’re gonna get creamed.” That comeback was simply AMAZING. The team looked poised throughout, they never panicked, and Butler made the proper adjustments at halftime to get the ball inside to Burgin. Can’t ask for more than that. I think the women’s team may have won over some fans yesterday.

Well, I missed the memo about the time change and on top of that had a long lunch so me and my wife got there at what should have been half time (2:45) to see there were two minutes left in the game. But that was about the best two minutes of basketball I’ve seen in a while! Glad i live close to campus because i didn’t get credit for the game either… :unhappy:

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;210950]I think the women’s team may have won over some fans yesterday.[/QUOTE]
#2 son became a fan for sure, he was already fond of Amanda but when it got exciting in that last 5 minutes he cheered a good bit. That’s unusual because he usually is one to “study” how the game is being played and not get excited.

I was especially encouraged when I saw Amanda turn around and start telling everyone to stand up. That was great!

[QUOTE=ChevEE;210957]I was especially encouraged when I saw Amanda turn around and start telling everyone to stand up. That was great![/QUOTE]
Yeah… I remember Bobby used to get that excited. :unhappy:

Yeah... I remember Bobby used to get that excited. :unhappy:

that feels like a long, long time ago.

so how are the lady 49ers ranked these days?