Women's Golf Team

Nice!!!

Awesome. On a great golf course, too. Congratulations to Coach Clark and team!

1 Like

Not surprised. We are a soccer/ golf school after all. :wink:

2 Likes

clt says we should join the ivy league

Don’t forget track and field as well as XC

2 Likes

Any idea where we’ll be ranked after this win?

Looks like #17. I think that the low ranking of participants in the last tournament hurt our ranking, even though we won. Our strength of schedule is fairly high at 85. Interesting that Stanford is ranked #1, even though they have only played in one tournament. We have played three.

http://rankings.golfweek.com/rankings/default.asp?T=wt

No. 21 Women’s golf team wins their second tournament in Macon, GA. Posted -3 as a team for the three rounds. Beat second place Mercer by 14 strokes. We had 4 women place in the top 10. Women are killing it this year.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Nice for a new program!

1 Like

The ladies would have definitely received a tournament bid this year had there been one.

Saw that. Really a bummer. She has done a prenominal job with the women’s team. Winning a tournament last year is almost unheard of given we have only had a team for what, 3 years? She’ll be hard to replace. Did she go somewhere else?

I agree. I saw this last week and was surprised and somewhat disappointed. She has done a great job.

I read somewhere that there were some conflicts within the team that did not reflect well on her. I don’t want to overstate for fear of misspeaking without more information. Perhaps someone else can elaborate.

2 Likes

I don’t ordinarily chase gossip (and hope this is not that!) but Carson-Newman is on my resume so that connection attracted me. Even more, I thought she was a total winner and great coach. Sorry that she’s gone. Hope she lands on her feet.