Women's Golf Team

A big shout-out to the Women’s Golf Team. They finished 2nd today among 16 teams at the Mercedes-Benz Intercollegiate in Knoxville. They were 5 strokes behind champion Kent State and shot -17 as a team for the tournament. Golf coach Holly Clark has done an outstanding job starting this team from scratch 3 years ago.

8 Likes

That’s really impressive! Thanks for the update.

1 Like

All the more impressive when considering the third place finisher was 24 strokes behind us.

3 Likes

Saw on Twitter… Ranked #7 in the country.

The soccer team is ranked #10 in the country, women’s soccer, volleyball and our men’s golf team are all off to strong starts.

Just locked down 2 huge basketball recruits one year after having the #1 recruiting class in CUSA…oh, and our football team is racking up recruits, wins and national attention & hype.

The entire Athletic Dept is performing at #goldstandard

Seriously putting ourselves in position to be a “no brainer” invite to an upgrade in conference affiliation if this keeps up.

#HillYeah

6 Likes

we are setting up so well for at least the aac, maybe better. the difference between the old regime and the hill regime is night and day. love what we are doing.

1 Like

Others in the field this weekend include Clemson, Chapel Hill, Fla Atlantic and Middle Tenn.

That is outstanding. I have searched the Google machine and cannot find that ranking. Can you link it?

1 Like

And App St is 225 of 235…

Thanks @TRLeader!

Going into Sunday’s final round, 49ers tied with host Vanderbilt for the lead at -1.

2 Likes

There are some big time golf schools in this tournament too. Including Carolina, Auburn, Louisville and Clemson. It is amazing how far the team has come in their third year.

Did not know that the Gamecocks were in the field.:laughing:

1 Like

Go Niners! I have played one of the courses at Vanderbilt Legends and it is a great course. Hopefully we win and bring the trophy home and put it on display next to…well, I don’t know where we keep our trophies.

clt says we are a top college golf school

1 Like

They’ll hang the trophy next to our basketball participation banners

Isn’t Vandy #1?

No Wake Forest is. Vandy is second. But I think they rank by average stroke and it’s way early in the season, so a lot could change. Great start however by our girls.

Women’s golf team take their first championship ever today winning the Yale Intercollegiate. Awesome final round team score of 280, 4 under par. They came from 12 strokes down to win by 5. The ladies are having an amazing year for this being their third year of existence.

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=19958

4 Likes

Lowest round of the tournament by any team. Two players in a three way tie for 4th place. Pretty strong.

2 Likes