Women's soccer in the Big O

A couple of pieces by David Scott as the women futbolers begin their season tonight in Jacksonville against North Florida.

Charlotte.com: 49ers haven’t forgotten

Charlotte.com: Previewing 49ers women’s soccer

GO NINERS! BEAT THE OSPREYS!!!

[quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:25626”]A couple of pieces by David Scott as the women futbolers begin their season tonight in Jacksonville against North Florida.

Charlotte.com: 49ers haven’t forgotten

Charlotte.com: Previewing 49ers women’s soccer

GO NINERS! BEAT THE OSPREYS!!![/quote] The O, in its usual competent manner, refers to our team as the Lady Eagles in one of the subheads. I thought the story was going to be about Winthrop. Decent article, however.

Ahem.

Green Tinted Glasses: Q&A w/ Head Coach John Cullen

Niners and Ospreys play to 0-0 tie. Third consecutive season opener in which Charlotte has been held scoreless! Anwyay, Niners stay in Jacksonville this weekend as they will face JU on Sunday.

GO NINERS! BEAT THE DOLPHINS!!!

[quote=“Run49er, post:4, topic:25626”]Niners and Ospreys play to 0-0 tie. Third consecutive season opener in which Charlotte has been held scoreless! Anwyay, Niners stay in Jacksonville this weekend as they will face JU on Sunday.

GO NINERS! BEAT THE DOLPHINS!!![/quote] I think he means third consecutive opener in which Charlotte held the opponent scoreless.

[quote=“Run49er, post:4, topic:25626”]Niners and Ospreys play to 0-0 tie. Third consecutive season opener in which Charlotte has been held scoreless! Anwyay, Niners stay in Jacksonville this weekend as they will face JU on Sunday.

GO NINERS! BEAT THE DOLPHINS!!![/quote]

fail… ;D

Charlotte 2 Jacksonville 1. Goals by Bernard and Trexler. Assists by Handra and Wingo.

Great article on ESPN.com today about a Kentucky soccer player, with quotes from former 49ers coach Jon Lipsitz. Touching.

UK’s Gilliland carries mother’s lesson

[quote=“HP49er, post:8, topic:25626”]Great article on ESPN.com today about a Kentucky soccer player, with quotes from former 49ers coach Jon Lipsitz. Touching.

UK’s Gilliland carries mother’s lesson[/quote]
Catching up and just saw this…Amazing! When I see the battles other have like this I’m reminded how blessed my family is.

PS: Loved the reference to ’ Univ of Charlotte’…It’s long overdue!