Women's Soccer Sunday

They are doing a “break the record” game Sunday @ 2:00 for women’s soccer. Trying to get a record attendance for a women’s soccer game.

The coach said there are going to be 7 or 9 official visiting recruits, and as he put it “if we can get even half of them, we would be a top 20 team in two years.” Also there will be 15 juniors visiting on junior night. He’s not allowed to announce this to any media, so he wants us to pass along the word.

He also pointed out that there are only 3 or 4 upperclassmen on the roster this year, explaining the up and down play. They will be presenting us with the first Carolina’s Cup trophy before the game.

It’s also a double point night for basketball tickets(as is Saturday’s mens game).

And the men just beat Radford 3-2.

Okay, at first I was skeptical about this whole ticket priority thing, but now I’m really coming around to the whole idea. It is a self-feeding monster which will grow more die-hard niners. I’m impressed by what I’m reading.

Absolutly

Why would any program within UNC Charlotte schedule a break the record event for 2 PM on Sunday? Does anyone know what is going on from 1 PM to 7 PM on Sundays?

I’ll make it, but that’s -only- because the Steelers are playing at 4, and I’ll have to leave at 3:30.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Sep 22 2005, 11:34 AM [b]Why would any program within UNC Charlotte schedule a break the record event for 2 PM on Sunday? Does anyone know what is going on from 1 PM to 7 PM on Sundays?[/b]
Because there are 20+ major recruits visiting us that day. I'm sure it's no coincidence that the Carolina's Cup is going to be presented either, I'm sure they would have picked another day if it were as important to their recruiting.

I’m sure, if anybody here is interested and would actually partake in it, we could get a list of the visiting recruits names(the 7 or 9 seniors) and give them all a nice little chant during the game. If we had at least a handful of people on board we could get the point across. Let me know if anyone is going to be there and would do something like that, it should be easy to get the names and post them here if there is interest, just respond if you would do it.

thats why i love dvr

come home after the game, and watch the panthers beat some miami ass (or it could be another pats last year)

This thread is about soccer, right? Well speaking of jokes…

[i][b]
A few days ago I was having some work done at the local Ford Dealership. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

We all looked at each other and another customer asked, “What is a seven-hundred-ten?”

She replied, “You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one.” She said that she did not know what it was but this piece had always been there.

He gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to another car, which had its hood up and asked, “Is there a 710 on this car?”

She pointed and said, "Of course, it’s right “there.”[/b] [/i]

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Sep 22 2005, 07:46 PM [b] This thread is about soccer, right? Well speaking of jokes.........

[i]
A few days ago I was having some work done at the local Ford Dealership. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

We all looked at each other and another customer asked, “What is a seven-hundred-ten?”

She replied, “You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one.” She said that she did not know what it was but this piece had always been there.

He gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to another car, which had its hood up and asked, “Is there a 710 on this car?”

She pointed and said, "Of course, it’s right “there.” [/i] [/b]

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er+Sep 22 2005, 08:47 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (lutz9er @ Sep 22 2005, 08:47 PM)

i’ll be sitting at midfield going crazy the entire time

If a few of you so called 49er fans don’t like the sport, then just ignore the topic BUT don’t come on here belittling one of our teams. Show some maturity, please.

Coach Lipsitz has our program heading in the right direction. The type of talent that’s coming in Sunday has never stepped foot on our campus before. Come out and support the lady 49ers!!!

hell ya man thats what i like to see GO FREKIN NINERS BABY!!!

[i]Originally posted by FFNiner[/i]@Sep 22 2005, 09:55 PM [b] If a few of you so called 49er fans don't like the sport, then just ignore the topic BUT don't come on here belittling one of our teams. Show some maturity, please.

Coach Lipsitz has our program heading in the right direction. The type of talent that’s coming in Sunday has never stepped foot on our campus before. Come out and support the lady 49ers!!! [/b]

FFNiner, don’t be a jackass. No one is belittling a sport here. Go yell at the sky for being blue.

Anyone going to this game who wants to help out with the recruits PM me.

I’m going to be going to the men’s and womens soccer games…

I’ve been trying to get people to go.

I’m heading to Charlotte now. I should be at both.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Sep 24 2005, 07:00 PM [b] I'm heading to Charlotte now. I should be at both. [/b]
Call me when you get down here man.

white green got lutz shirt and black shorts everyone come say hello to me.

Not an impressive crowd, but probably what was to be expected on a Sunday afternoon at the same time as the Panthers game. The crowd that was there was pretty good, the place got surprisingly loud down low at points in the second half.

Great game, Niners scored 2 goals in the last 15 or so minutes to win 2-1.

i’m surpised we didn’t win by ten. Wait no marshall was playing three guys and one of them body checked lindsey beam.