WRAL research into Coaches Salaries (includes Lutz)

So WRAL ran a story on college coaches salaries (part 1 on hoops coaches). This story includes Roy, Lutz and McCarthy (ECU). The story even has a copy of Lutz’s contract available.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/wral_investigates/story/5922675/

UNC-Charlotte men’s basketball coach Bobby Lutz has the longest list of bonuses of any coach in the UNC system. He earns thousands more if the 49ers reach various regular and postseason milestones, and he gets a cut of tickets sold. Add in speeches and TV appearances, and Lutz can dramatically increase his base pay of $237,000.

“There’s pressure on me to be successful,” Lutz said.

So he hasn’t really made that much over the past 4 years?

good gosh… lots A LOT to keep up with. Keeps his accountant busy I’m sure.

[QUOTE=cibik02;428868]good gosh… lots A LOT to keep up with. Keeps his accountant busy I’m sure.[/QUOTE]

but Lutz doesn’t have to pay for it! haha

seems like a pretty good contract. A lot of dollars involved.

Well no wonder he was pissed to leave CUSA, pretty much took a pay cut.

Coach may schedule up to one away contest per year with a non-conference opponent for which a game guarantee is paid by the host institution. After payment of all expenses associated with the contest, university will pay coach 50 percent of the game guarantee actually paid to the university.
Wow.

[QUOTE]if coach is assessed more than five technical fouls, coach will repay to university $15,000 … on a one-time basis…[/QUOTE]

so once he gets five, he pays… but I guess it doesn’t matter if he gets 20 cuz it’s a one-time payment.

If he gets 4 and we notice him “not being himself”… we need to hold a sign that say, “Come on Bobby! Pay the $15,000 and go All-You-Can Eat on the refs for the rest of the season”

Well no wonder he was pissed to leave CUSA, pretty much took a pay cut.

This contract was drawn up after we left CUSA, so you can’t tell that just from reading this one. Looks like a very sweet contract, even if we don’t make post-season tournaments.

[QUOTE=NLP;428875]Wow.[/QUOTE]

Expenses eat it all up.

[QUOTE]Ethan Eanes, a student at [B]UNC-C[/B], said he doesn’t mind Lutz making money for each ticket sold. “If he’s selling more tickets, he should make the money,” Eanes said.[/QUOTE]

What in the F@CK

Interesting. The more students show up, the more he gets paid.

Interesting. The more students show up, the more he gets paid.
No wonder he says thank you!! he should throw MORE t-shirts after intros... HECK, students should get to pick his wardrobe.

[QUOTE=The Lax;428902]Interesting. The more students show up, the more he gets paid.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? Those aren’t really tickets sold…

Are you sure? Those aren't really tickets sold...
it's in the contract... i think basically it's he gets paid more if student attendance is better than the year before. I think $3 for each student more. I scanned it about 2 hours ago so dont take me word for word.

[QUOTE=“There’s pressure on me to be successful,” Lutz said.

As well there should be. Half a million dollar jobs aren’t easy to come by unless you’re a freak of nature athletically.

That being said, I don’t have a problem with him getting well if he’s successful. If that’s the case, the program makes money and everybody wins. However, that’s a lot of money to win 11 games, the woods are full of people that can do that.

[QUOTE=cibik02;428912]No wonder he says thank you!! he should throw MORE t-shirts after intros… HECK, students should get to pick his wardrobe.[/QUOTE]

Why did he shave off the mustache again?

[QUOTE=ApexNiner;428854]So WRAL ran a story on college coaches salaries (part 1 on hoops coaches). This story includes Roy, Lutz and McCarthy (ECU). The story even has a copy of Lutz’s contract available.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/wral_investigates/story/5922675/[/QUOTE]

clt waits for the story on discrepancies with the state funding for unc system coaches. the state should provide the same amount for each coach in the system, let the school’s boosters club make up any differences.

[QUOTE=NLP;428875]Wow.[/QUOTE]
Louisville? Is this a home-home or one time game?

Louisville? Is this a home-home or one time game?

I’ve heard its a one game deal