WSOC TV vs TWC

WSOC is free. Just get an antenna for your tv.

I’ve never paid for TV programming, and I probably never will.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;396921]WSOC is free. Just get an antenna for your tv.

I’ve never paid for TV programming, and I probably never will.[/QUOTE]

clt endorses this. it is all going to the web anyway.

Umm…does this mean we won’t be getting ABC anymore? Or just local programming.

Umm...does this mean we won't be getting ABC anymore? Or just local programming.

If this happens, you would lose all ABC programming (network and local).

If this happens, you would lose all ABC programming (network and local).

Doo doo butter.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;396959]Doo doo butter.[/QUOTE]

Antenna! what’s wrong with that?

[QUOTE=Sideshow;396961]Antenna! what’s wrong with that?[/QUOTE]

I thought the Antenna option was gone or going away soon??

I thought the Antenna option was gone or going away soon??

CONVERTER BOX!

Antenna! what's wrong with that?

The question is, if they go off of TWC and only on antenna, will they be able to sustain themselves financially?

My guess is there is about a 1% chance that a deal won’t get done in time. It’ll probably happen the night before the contract is up, but neither side would want to deal with the public relations disaster that this would cause. What is WSOC going to tell their advertisers when the number of people who are able to watch their drops significantly? Yes, those same people could use an antenna, but in reality, how many would? TWC’s phone system would crash when all of the housewives called in when they couldn’t watch the View, soaps, and Oprah.

If they don’t show Lost on Wednesday I’m going to go postal!

[LEFT]Dear Time Warner Cable Customers,

[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Over the last week, you may have heard about our contract negotiations with WSOC-TV. I’m happy to report that we have reached a fair and reasonable agreement to keep this programming on your channel lineup. We thank you for your patience and the tremendous support we have received about this issue.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]
We know that you have choices when it comes to your entertainment and information services, and we truly appreciate your business. We’re committed to providing you with quality services at a good value. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]
Thank you for being a Time Warner Cable customer. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Sincerely,

Carol A. Hevey
Executive Vice President
Time Warner Cable Carolina Region

[URL=http://www.timewarnercable.com/Carolinas/learn/cable/retrans/default.html]Link[/URL]
[/LEFT]

Booo

Boo? What are you, a commie?