X-Men in the news

Busy news week for the Muskies - most of it good if you’re an X fan! ESPN already crowning Chris Mack & Co. kings of the conference.

Cincinnati.com: New Cintas floor reflects new rules

Cincinatti.com: 7-4 Xavier recruit decommits

ESPN.com: Summer Buzz: Xavier Musketeers

ESPN.com: Andy Katz: They’re all chasing Xavier in the Atlantic 10

GoXavier.com: Xavier Men’s Basketball Media Guide Selected As The Best In The Nation

Always great to read a story about the A10 basketball conference with absolutely no mention of Charlotte. We are truly irrelevant. Man I hope that changes. Fast.

Losing Sim hurts X.

Shame he couldn’t play there for financial reasons.

Everything I’ve read about the guy indicates he’s a great student. Sounds like the international transcripts did him in.

With international players becoming more and more common, the NCAA needs to update the way it evaluates the academics of foreign players. Some sort of a formalized test maybe?

[quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:25635”]Losing Sim hurts X.

Everything I’ve read about the guy indicates he’s a great student. Sounds like the international transcripts did him in.

With international players becoming more and more common, the NCAA needs to update the way it evaluates the academics of foreign players. Some sort of a formalized test maybe?[/quote]
Agree about international students vis-a-vis academics. Seriously, though, Sim would not have seen much floor time if he had been eligible for X this season. To be honest, I can see the Muskies going undefeated in the A-10 - as in regular season and tourney play - in 2011-12.

I didn’t mean hurts this year, just hurts in general. The guy was raw, but at that size you don’t really have to have great basketball skills.

Look at Kenny George. The guy was a terrible basketball player but shot at a high %, scored a good number of points, and blocked a lot of shots just because he was huge.

X loses Frease this year and even though they have talent coming in, a 7’4 guy is tough to replace.

[quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:25635”]I didn’t mean hurts this year, just hurts in general. The guy was raw, but at that size you don’t really have to have great basketball skills.

X loses Frease this year and even though they have talent coming in, a 7’4 guy is tough to replace.[/quote]NN, agree that it hurts in general to lose a guy with that size. Did read today that the X-Men are in the running for 7-0/260 C A.J. Hammons (Carmel, IN/Oak Hill Academy), rated #90 by Rivals for 2012, so perhaps all will work out for Muskies. Lately, it seems to!