Xavier-Charlotte

Will this look like our season this year…the half full outlook says yes because of our injuries and overall team chemistry…but it’s not looking good right now.

Xavier, a team that has made it past the second round only once in 15 tries (1990: 2-1), falls one win short of reaching the Final Four this year, enabling Thad Matta to debut on the list at .600 with a 6-4 record. Xavier had knocked off the then undefeated and No. 1 ranked St. Joseph’s in the Atlantic 10 tournament quarterfinals on the way to winning that tournament, in what may have been it’s only chance to get invited to the NCAA tournament. At the end of January, Xavier possessed a 10-9 overall record and only a 2-5 league record.

This does sound like us though!!!

I know I keep saying it but we look like NC State did last year. NC State had a horrible non-conference season because many players were injured and team chemistry was at an all time low. But then everyone got healed and they reached conference play and then they started doing well, won some big games, and then got incredibly hot come time for the conference tourney. They snuck into the tourney and went to the Sweet 16.

We look a lot like that team. We have absolutely no reason to give up on our team yet.

I think you are right, I just hope that the team is not losing to much confidence… Mitch and Withers CAN NOT allow it to happen. Also, it might be harder on the bench for Lutz without his top man Moxley being there to help coach. He lost not only a good recruiter, but a quality coach that KNEW EXACTLY what Lutz wanted. We will be fine if we get everyone healthy and chemistry starts to flow.

Also, Lutz has his faults like every coach, but you do not go to seven NCAA tournys without being a good coach. I know it’s been hard for us to advance, but give me a break about him not being a good coach. He is not a one hit wonder like many of these coaches that burn out. He has gotten us to the dance year in and year out. Now his challenge is to get us past the first round on a consistant basis. But, just realize the kids we are getting in and where he has taken us so far. I will admit he needs to improve on defense and post play.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;143955]I know I keep saying it but we look like NC State did last year. NC State had a horrible non-conference season because many players were injured and team chemistry was at an all time low. But then everyone got healed and they reached conference play and then they started doing well[/QUOTE]

huh? :unsure:

huh? :unsure:

Yeah, NCSU was not too good last year and got progressively better. We were all saying how much better we were than they were last year, and it was true… until March.