Young Alumni

I just wanted to get the word out to this board for those who didn’t know. The Alumni Association is trying to get the Young Alumni Chapter started back up and are having a meeting to discuss potential activities and events for the chapter.

I went to the last meeting a month ago. It was a pretty good meeting but there were only 4 alums there. I wanted to post this here because I know that the folks on this board are the most passionate and informed alumni that we have and we need to have representation there. Unfortunately I will be out of town and can’t attend this meeting.

This is a great opportunity to get involved.

http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/UserFiles/Need.mht

[QUOTE]
6/3/2008 - Charlotte, NC
Young Alumni Interest Group Meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Harris Alumni Center
[/QUOTE]

Also, the guy pictured on the right of that newsletter look very familiar. I wonder where I know him from… :slight_smile:

Who wants to know more about Alex Drake? Seriously…

I wish I could be a part of this. I’m in 49er purgatory- no longer a student, but not an alum either. Sucks.

Alum is a former student or graduate.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;321808]Alum is a former student or graduate.[/QUOTE]

Not sure of the exact requirement, but I think it is something like 12 hours to be considered an alum. You can ask the Alumni office.

Not sure of the exact requirement, but I think it is something like 12 hours to be considered an alum. You can ask the Alumni office.

I’ll have to do that. I know I put in 3 semesters, so if I’m considered an Alum, I’m there.

Edit: My boss changed my schedule, doubt I can make it.

I will be there. I missed the first meeting since I was on vacation. I’m looking forward to meeting some people and hearing their ideas.

I’ll be ther!

I’ll be there next year!

Im drunk but just wanted to say there is a competition somewhere downtown in june between unc charlotte and va tech at a club downtown. most alum get a party

Anyone here go to this? updates??

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;323715]Anyone here go to this? updates??[/QUOTE]

I was there. We had 12-13 alumni present and we decided to officially activate the chapter starting 7/1. Officer’s will be chosen and a planning meeting will be held in July to firm up some of the plans for '08. We discussed our mission and goals and outlined a few chances to hold gatherings for Young Alumni. It looks like there will be a couple of “kick-off” events to attract some attention and let people know that the chapter exists.

Look for updates on the Alumni website. I will also try to post things as they become official.

I was there. We had 12-13 alumni present and we decided to officially activate the chapter starting 7/1. Officer's will be chosen and a planning meeting will be held in July to firm up some of the plans for '08. We discussed our mission and goals and outlined a few chances to hold gatherings for Young Alumni. It looks like there will be a couple of "kick-off" events to attract some attention and let people know that the chapter exists.

Look for updates on the Alumni website. I will also try to post things as they become official.

i would have loved to attend via conference call but no one from alumni affairs would call me back after two left messages.

[QUOTE=scollie41;323725]I was there.* We had 12-13 alumni present and we decided to officially activate the chapter starting 7/1.* Officer’s will be chosen and a planning meeting will be held in July to firm up some of the plans for '08.* We discussed our mission and goals and outlined a few chances to hold gatherings for Young Alumni.* It looks like there will be a couple of “kick-off” events to attract some attention and let people know that the chapter exists.* Look for updates on the Alumni website.* I will also try to post things as they become official.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update.* I’m glad to hear there were more folks there. Anyone else from the NN.N??

I was. Scollie pretty much summed it up. Definitely excited to be involved with this

Yeah I wish I could of made it. Things didnt work out.

I’d love to get involved. Next meeting, im there.

What is considered “young”?

What is considered "young"?

Anybody who doesn’t refer to themselves as one of the oldtimers.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;323871]Anybody who doesn’t refer to themselves as one of the oldtimers.[/QUOTE]

At 35 sometimes I feel old amongst all the young whipper-snappers on this board.

At 35 sometimes I feel old amongst all the young whipper-snappers on this board.

haha, you old bastard!