Your favorite Mooresville/Lake Norman area bars

I’ll probably be up in the Mooresville/Lake Norman area Sunday night. I know a few on here are very familiar with that area, what are you favorite bars/restaraunts up there? A bar on the water would be cool, Rusty Rudder maybe(never been there, just heard of it)?

Let the ideas fly…

Rusty Rudder (Cornelius), Vinnie’s(Mooresville) and Midtown Sundries (Cornelius) for on the water. I personally like Vinnie’s for the scenery coming off the water even though Rusty Rudder and Midtown are not far behind.

I like the wine vault at Birkdale village, but mainly for the eye candy.

Midtown is the way to go man

Mr. Bojangles lives next to the Rusty Rudder, so needless to say I’ve been there quite a bit. I’ll be out of town on Sunday, or I would have met you out there.

Vinnies is in Mooresville so that’s probably closest, but Midtown in Cornelius is good too.

Mr.Bo. Do you live in Windward or the apartments besides Rusty Rudder?

The Rudder Sucks. It’s old and busted.

all mentioned are good. and all can have their down moments. another hot spot that can get going strong is the galway hooker irish pub in kenton place. especially after 10 on friday night if they have a decent band. the rudder is not good if it is raining because most of the patio is uncovered.

Most of the afore mentioned are awesome. The best would be Vinnie’s. Its pretty bumpin since it is in the middle of a higher end residential type area. Its also right there next to a main road and on the water. I’ve always enjoyed my time there.

There is also Exit 36 bar, which is more low key, has a decent crowd, but its alot more locals because its location is kinda hidden. Its on the lake too, and actually is better situated on the lake then Vinnies.

a couple of others are

north harbor club at davidson landing (exit 30). high dollar. especially for food. not good spot for college hangout. but can still have potential.

the landing (slanting bridge road on west side of lake). good food. great ribs. but older crowd. not much of a bar hangout spot but good place for some grub. i have not been there since september.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;321743]Mr.Bo. Do you live in Windward or the apartments besides Rusty Rudder?[/QUOTE]

Windward

Midtown is the way to go man

Gets my vote!

I’ve been to Rudder with my pregnant wife, so there was no partying, but their crab dip was pretty damn good, and there is a nice view off the patio, but as mentioned if it rains, you’re wet or you’re going to be elbow to elbow inside.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;321754]The Rudder Sucks. It’s old and busted.[/QUOTE]

I agree… you can’t spell “Run Down” without “Rusty Rudder”

Vinnie’s should be well “warmed up” by now…

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep them comming if you have any additional thoughts or suggestions.

I think we will be doing Vinnie’s. Nothing bad has been posted about, and a lot of people seem to like it, that and its right there in Mooresville.

Midtown. For serious.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;321813]Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep them comming if you have any additional thoughts or suggestions.

I think we will be doing Vinnie’s. Nothing bad has been posted about, and a lot of people seem to like it, that and its right there in Mooresville.[/QUOTE]

Ask for Jamie or “Shocker” if they are working not that I would know.

The Ale House up near queens landing off of Highway 150 is great - I think its actually next to the Pinacle Point marina… we go there by boat mostly but they always have had good food. The beer list is incredible too - I wanna say something like 300 different types to choose from? Sweet place though - reasonably priced - generally has the margaritaville station on satellite radio going so its got that lakey/beachy mood. Good view of the lake, the steam station and the highway 150 bridge.

s’ where my family and I have been spending our saturday evenings lately.

midtown, the rudder, and the galway hooker are all great. Galway definately has the whole irish pub thing down. People who have eaten at true irish pubs in ireland said that the food is legit. If you go to the rudder, get the beer battered fish and chips - highly recommend it.

the fox and hound at birkdale is also good.

The Ale House up near queens landing off of Highway 150 is great.

This was the winner.

We went to the Lake Norman Ale house Sunday night. The food was good, but my buddy ordered a crab cake, and since it was 7 bucks, he figured it probably came with fries or something and would be decent sized. No such luck. It was tiny, and came with nothing else. Serious ripoff. Most of what everyone else ordered was good sized and decently priced though. The beer list was phenomenal, just like zero said. Probably a few hundred beers on the list.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!

Brickhouse in Davidson is badass