Your Observer questions answered ...

Good one.

[quote=“49er1, post:916, topic:9754”]“By the way, 49ers’ fans … both QB candidates looking sharp so far in 4 days of practice. Coach Lambert: Still no decision on a starter.”

“BOTH”? We have 3 QBs competing for the starting spot, or so I thought. This guy’s “coverage” of us is going to be humorous if nothing else. Laugh, y’all! :))[/quote]

Just asked, and he said its between Johnson and McNeil.

This involves the Observer and Charlotte 49ers Athletics. As such, I am certifiably angry.

I would like to hear from NinerMike, our resident Observer expert. I am not really concerned with this right now. Lets see how he does.

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:922, topic:9754”][quote=“49er1, post:916, topic:9754”]“By the way, 49ers’ fans … both QB candidates looking sharp so far in 4 days of practice. Coach Lambert: Still no decision on a starter.”

“BOTH”? We have 3 QBs competing for the starting spot, or so I thought. This guy’s “coverage” of us is going to be humorous if nothing else. Laugh, y’all! :))[/quote]

Just asked, and he said its between Johnson and McNeil.[/quote]
If true, it doesn’t speak highly of Barden’s progress (to be already out of the running, 1 week into camp).

[quote=“919R, post:925, topic:9754”][quote=“MikeNiner11, post:922, topic:9754”][quote=“49er1, post:916, topic:9754”]“By the way, 49ers’ fans … both QB candidates looking sharp so far in 4 days of practice. Coach Lambert: Still no decision on a starter.”

If true, it doesn’t speak highly of Barden’s progress (to be already out of the running, 1 week into camp).[/quote]yep. Had high hopes for him getting a chance early since he had a lot of hype from high school and enrolled early, but seems like we may be playing the long game with him.

Maybe we can blow Presbyterian out and he will get some junk minutes so we can see him play.

He has only been reporting on the team for a day, so take it for what it’s worth. A lot of the footage from the practice videos has focused on Barden, so I doubt he is out of the race quite yet.

[quote=“Niner National, post:926, topic:9754”][quote=“919R, post:925, topic:9754”][quote=“MikeNiner11, post:922, topic:9754”][quote=“49er1, post:916, topic:9754”]“By the way, 49ers’ fans … both QB candidates looking sharp so far in 4 days of practice. Coach Lambert: Still no decision on a starter.”

If true, it doesn’t speak highly of Barden’s progress (to be already out of the running, 1 week into camp).[/quote]yep. Had high hopes for him getting a chance early since he had a lot of hype from high school and enrolled early, but seems like we may be playing the long game with him.

Maybe we can blow Presbyterian out and he will get some junk minutes so we can see him play.[/quote]

I think the long game is wise. Kid has no game experience and we are starting FBS ball. Would prefer he sit for one more season.

If Barden isn’t the guy this year, then we better recruit hard because I’m not sold that we have an FBS QB at all yet.

My understanding is the QB of the future is on the roster but can’t play this year.

My understanding is the QB of the future is on the roster but can’t play this year.[/quote]I’m pretty excited about Klugh too.

I really don’t give a damn but I’m getting uncomfortable at that hard on you keep pointing in my direction.

I really don’t give a damn but I’m getting uncomfortable at that hard on you keep pointing in my direction.[/quote]

What? You are the the Observer guy here. I actually wasn’t taing a shot at you and thought you might have some thoughts around this guy being assigned to us. You seem more plugged into what they are doing than anyone else here. But thanks for getting your panties in a wad.

I really don’t give a damn but I’m getting uncomfortable at that hard on you keep pointing in my direction.[/quote]

You are about the only apologist here…

Ninermike, why don’t you just admit you’re Mike Persinger, the O’s Sports Editor. Geez.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but he isn’t Mike P. Not quite sure about his fascination with the Observer.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but he isn’t Mike P. Not quite sure about his fascination with the Observer.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure SCK is kidding. I’m fascinated by few things and the Observer certainly isn’t one of them.