Your Observer questions answered ...

Steau may have a valid theory. I won’t be one bit surprised.

Holy thread resurrections!!!

Tell the O you want MORE Niner coverage:

Never, because A-10 will get more bids than the ACC this year.[/quote]

LOL, actually very likely. Would be hilarious.

What will probably happen is they will start talking about how great of a basketball conference the A10 is as soon as we leave for C-USA.[/quote]

No way they would ever do something like that.

https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/631199942493761536

David ScottVerified account ‏@davidscott14

I’m moving over to cover @NASCAR for a while; for @Charlotte49ers coverage, follow top-notch @theobserver correspondent @slyttle

Here’s the new guy’s twitter account if you want to get yesterday’s news tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/slyttle

He appears to currently be their weather guy per current tweets…this is going to go well.

clt says the observer is just mocking us now:

[font=Helvetica Neue][size=16px]Retired newspaper reporter … closely follows weather, soccer[/size][/font]
Charlotte[center][font=Helvetica Neue][/size][size=16px]·[/size][/font][/center][font=Helvetica Neue][/font][font=Helvetica Neue][/size][size=16px]charlotteobserver.com[/size][/font]

clt points out that he is retired. The observer has a retired reporter covering our program.

The good news is we will at least know the weather forecast. Do we know where he went to school? I do not think it was chapel hill, so that could be a positive.

This is fucking pathetic.

Do you care to elaborate?

The Observer is a fucking joke. Before long we will be covered by a janitor.

No

So we went from full time beat writer, to a shared beat writer who spent most of his time at Davidson… Now we have a retired reporter who spends more time tweeting about weather. Things are really trending up.

Bring back Stan Olson!

#cosign

#cosign[/quote]Myron.

Perhaps the O is pissed at us because NA has been posting all those links proving chapel hill is guilty.

“By the way, 49ers’ fans … both QB candidates looking sharp so far in 4 days of practice. Coach Lambert: Still no decision on a starter.”

“BOTH”? We have 3 QBs competing for the starting spot, or so I thought. This guy’s “coverage” of us is going to be humorous if nothing else. Laugh, y’all! :))

clt says we should just start following the independent tribune and gaston gazette.

Let’s give the new guy a fair chance

A fair chance with partial cloudiness in the afternoon.

Could this guy be any worse than David Scott? It would take just a micro-liter of passion for his job to do so. Scott may have been a decent writer, his columns & stories were always good when he wanted them to be, but he was an awful reporter, only disclosing what was spoon fed to him by the A.D.

:slight_smile: “Today’s weather should be 15 degrees hotter than normal for this time of year. Speaking of hot, the 49er shooters were on fire last night as they picked up their 3rd consecutive win.” :slight_smile:

All joking aside, I am willing to give the guy a chance. Perhaps he asked for this responsibility, and if he did, he just may be pretty decent. And if he did not attend school in chapel hill, that is already a positive.