09-10 Non-Conference

Anyone have any insight into next years non-conference opponents? Who do we still have deals with? Are Clemson and Maryland done?

We actually ended up with a few relatively high RPI teams (relative to ours) this year.

Just curious…

I think we need to work something out with Favidson. I missed the hate this year… it’s just not the same for GWU. Whatever the reasoning behind the “two year deal” that was made… I can’t think of any… but that needs to go out the window.

I don’t care where we play them, just get them on the schedule. I just want to hate again.

I’m pretty sure we get Mississippi State here next year.

I assume we’ll play App at home?

[QUOTE=thelew1014;389419]I think we need to work something out with Favidson.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Time to stop the pissing contest and dust off the giant brain! :tongue:

I don’t think you’ll see a game with the Wildcats next season. They would want it to be in Belk and we’re not going to give up a home date for them. After that who knows, there are some bitter feelings over that mess.

Winthrop at their place

Miss State was one-game deal

Preseason NIT (that’s a guarantee of four games)

Heard were tryign to work out something with Oregon but I don’t think it’s happening.

Forget Oregon’s b-ball team coming to Charlotte. Just send their cheerleaders!

[QUOTE=HP49er;389429]Forget Oregon’s b-ball team coming to Charlotte. Just send their cheerleaders![/QUOTE]

Are they seriously sponsored by “Bi-Mart”…Damn

I had heard a while back that we were trying to extend the Maryland series. I really can’t imagine us getting many, if any, big teams to play us at home. We were dreadful this season and no big time program will play us at home because they have absolutely nothing to gain.

[QUOTE=Niner National;389434]I had heard a while back that we were trying to extend the Maryland series. I really can’t imagine us getting many, if any, big teams to play us at home. We were dreadful this season and no big time program will play us at home because they have absolutely nothing to gain.[/QUOTE]

then tell me how all these other teams in the a10 schedule big time programs.

Please no more Tulsa!

[QUOTE=wayton5646;389436]Please no more Tulsa![/QUOTE]

i second that. and no more app state.

Forget Oregon's b-ball team coming to Charlotte. Just send their cheerleaders![IMG]http://cheer.uoregon.edu/images/th_poster0809.jpg[/IMG]

Oh my!!!

Wheres a pic of UCLA’s that I remember seeing, they may be a little better, ummm idk though, these are very “nice” looking… Anyways I know not all our girls could pull it off, but it’s about time we kicked up our cheerleader uniforms.

We can play big time programs if we play them in Time Warner Arena. I don’t think you see many A-10 schools hosting big time programs on their on-campus home courts.

[QUOTE=wayton5646;389436]Please no more Tulsa![/QUOTE]

Totally agree!

AND no more Richmond or St. Louis…nevermind.

We should really try to get 2 big east teams on the schedule. I wouldn’t care if they were in the bottom of the league (Rutgers, St. John’s, S. Fla, Depaul, Seton Hall) but would prefer middle of the pack. It wouldn’t want to play the top right now and there’s no way they would schedule us anyway.

Imagine if the USC Trojans came here with the quitter.

We need a couple of SEC games like Ole Miss and Vandy, so the A10 can assert further domination over that conference.

i second that. and no more app state.

i don’t understand this. i like our app state game/series, and hope it continues. :twocents:

We can play big time programs if we play them in Time Warner Arena. I don't think you see many A-10 schools hosting big time programs on their on-campus home courts.

La Salle’s Tom Gola Arena hosted Florida State
Duquesne’s campus hosted West Virginia
St. Bonaventure’s campus hosted Mississippi State
and so on.

I wouldn’t be too quick to sell Halton Arena short.