1 month till baseball season

I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be a long year, but boy I love catching our guys at the Hayes. In one month Akron comes to town!

I’m afraid that you may be right. Pitching was already a big question mark going into this season. Now we’re going to be very young in the field due to the dismissals. Hopefully the young guys will step up. I thought that the transition to C-USA would be a three year process and this is year two. Ready to get started.

Im not a fan of the sport of baseball at all, but had fun at the game I attended last year. I believe I need to attend more than one game this coming season.

I’ll be at the NCSU game downtown. I’m not big on baseball, but I love the new stadium downtown, so I’ll absolutely be there.

Being young will hurt us this year, but may be good for the long run process into C-USA. We saw freshmen get significant playing time last year in the field (Jarrett, Sherer, Nichting, Eason) and they grew as the season went on. We add our 2nd “C-USA caliber” recruiting class this year which was mostly pitchers. I expect to see plenty of Freshmen and Sophomores getting time on the mound this year. We added a JUCO from Kansas who will likely be a weekend guy for us, but our staff is mostly underclassmen with only 1 Senior.

Year 3 is still reasonable, as our 1st C-USA class will be Juniors, and we will have 3 full years recruiting as a C-USA program.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:1, topic:29352”]I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be a long year, but boy I love catching our guys at the Hayes. In one month Akron comes to town![/quote] No expectations. Just fun and a head coach who deserves respect. Maybe we’ll pay Rice back for basketball.

1 month till baseball season

This is the best news I’ve seen on this board in a while. I can’t wait.

I really like the Media Guide this season. Baseball is only a couple of weeks away. I can’t wait. See you gents at the Hayes.

[URL=http://s726.photobucket.com/user/Niner89/media/B8EA_IHIIAABz_O_zpsfz85xz8x.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s726.photobucket.com/user/Niner89/media/B8EA_zpsnewllpnv.jpg.html][/URL]

Some pre-season predictions have come out over the last few days. Niners are picked to finish last in C-USA by Perfect Game and D1 Baseball. Picked to finish 2nd to last by the C-USA coaches.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=10772

http://www.d1baseball.com/season-preview/2015-conference-previews-conference-usa/

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/012815aab.html

Charlotte looks to rebuild and feels the talent level is up from last season. Derek Gallego (.283/0/8), Logan Sherer (.260/5/29), and T.J. Nichting (.283/1/17) should lead the lineup. J.D. Prochaska and Brandon Vogler (1-2, 3.67) are the top pitchers. Nichting hit .283 with just 17 RBIs last season, but is expected to take as step forward after putting together an impressive summer from an offensive standpoint. The 49ers enter the season under a cloud of turmoil after the program was rocked by a hazing scandal in the fall, which resulted in the dismissal of five players.

I see more misery for NINER NATION on the diamond. It f’ing never ends. >:(

You never know. We may be better than people think we will be. I am looking forward to baseball season.

You never know. We may be better than people think we will be. I am looking forward to baseball season.[/quote]

We will take some lumps for sure but I am excited to see how the team comes together towards the end of the year. We definitely got better last season as we won 3 of our last 5 series. There was some momentum there and I hope the off-field ordeal didn’t take away all of that.

You never know. We may be better than people think we will be. I am looking forward to baseball season.[/quote]
I think we will.

We will take some lumps for sure but I am excited to see how the team comes together towards the end of the year. We definitely got better last season as we won 3 of our last 5 series. There was some momentum there and I hope the off-field ordeal didn’t take away all of that.[/quote]

Might make them play better, a little looser now that they don’t have to worry about looking over their shoulder.

We will take some lumps for sure but I am excited to see how the team comes together towards the end of the year. We definitely got better last season as we won 3 of our last 5 series. There was some momentum there and I hope the off-field ordeal didn’t take away all of that.[/quote]

Might make them play better, a little looser now that they don’t have to worry about looking over their shoulder.[/quote]

Or cover their bunghole.

Might make them play better, a little looser now that they don’t have to worry about looking over their shoulder.[/quote]

Or cover their bunghole.[/quote]

I just had to clean a large amount of coffee off my computer screen from laughing at that. I’m immature. Oh well.

Or cover their bunghole.[/quote]

That’s what I was implying… was trying to be a bit tactful, but I’m okay with you clearing the fence with it.

Back to the baseball talk, are we getting any better recruits since moving back to cusa, is this just the leftover A10 recruiting of why we are going to be so bad? I can understand not being in the top 3 in the new league but with our location and facilities didn’t think we would ever be dead last…

Recruiting has picked up. We’re getting a different caliber of player than we did in the A-10. We’ve got our second C-USA class on campus this year, but we’re still working to build depth. And that was before the dismissals. While I don’t expect us to finish last, I don’t blame anyone for picking us last. You’re right about our location, this is a good spot for baseball talent. Our facilities are not terrible by any means, but they’re not near the top of our conference either. We could use a place to practice indoors this time of year.

Recruiting has picked up. We’re getting a different caliber of player than we did in the A-10. We’ve got our second C-USA class on campus this year, but we’re still working to build depth. And that was before the dismissals. While I don’t expect us to finish last, I don’t blame anyone for picking us last. You’re right about our location, this is a good spot for baseball talent. Our facilities are not terrible by any means, but they’re not near the top of our conference either. We could use a place to practice indoors this time of year.[/quote]

Yes we could, I believe they have already had to move practice into a gym. Having an indoor infield and hitting cages would do wonders for our program imo.